Xtratime Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4,433 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What ever happened to young Erik Neviland frm norway i think it was.The last i heard of him was in the 1998/99 season wen he scored against Bury, he looked like a good player, he was a good headerer of the ball and had a gd finsh 2, i was just wonderin wer the hell he went 2 cause i havent heard anything about him since then.

·
Banned
10,200 Posts
plays for Viking FK now :D only bought because of his name imo, like djemba too

·
Registered
1,394 Posts
KyleLeonard said:
plays for Viking FK now :D only bought because of his name imo, like djemba too

I dont know if it was for the name....i didnt know he was ever much of a big name. I remember when we bought him, everyone was calling him the new ole gunnar solksjaer (this was back when ole used to actually play games). Nevland had a handful of first team games, albei in the coca cola cup of the time, but had potential.......i guess he will be remembered as another one of those players who was fussed about as the next best thing, only for a fortnight, only to return to obscurity a few weeks later.

·
Registered
40,711 Posts
Doesn't he play for FC Groningen in the Netherlands?

He just scored 2 goals last weekend if that's him. :thmbup:

·
Registered
59,327 Posts
yep it's the same guy.

I'm still not sure if he's really that good or whether it's just cos defences in the Dutch league suck so much that he's scoring so much, but he's definitely made an impact for FC Groningen since signing there. Even scored the winner against us lot :rollani: (but who doesn't have his day against us nowadays :D)

·
Registered
3,575 Posts
One of his goals was a real cracker. :)
I think it was against NAC. Got the ball, took on his man, turned away from his guard and scored from a long distance.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts