Xtratime Community banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4,270 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
1. Different style of coaches. i.e Hiddink, Scolari etc. Terim was like that but Milan had no patientce! These coaches are aggressive. Del Neri also fits into this category.

2. Style is built on defence but the defence is not like it used to be. Juve was an exception here, but really if you look at Inter, AC Milan and even Roma (if Samuel is injured) is pretty average. We need players like Lucio, Marquez, Placente, Lizarazu etc. Otherwise, we need to be more flambouyant.

3. A better organized calander that suits the Champions League teams to play wekaer opposition before and after Champions League games. I know no other league that does this but I don't see why not. Its in the interests of Serie A that they do well in Europe.

4. Referees should be told to be more strict on play acting and more lenient on border line tackles. The reason is that it frees up the game and in Europe other referees adopt this approach. This should only improve the quality of play. (Not that I have a problem with Italian referee consistency).

5. More imported players rather then less - especially in terms of world class quality. There is no coincidence that German, English and Spanish football has improved since they had more foreign players on their rosters.

6. Don't fire coaches after a bad month! You spend the transfer season picking the players that the coach wants and then you sack him straight away. That cannot be right.

·
Registered
270 Posts
Catenaccio said:
...5. More imported players rather then less - especially in terms of world class quality. There is no coincidence that German, English and Spanish football has improved since they had more foreign players on their rosters....
Euhm, don't agree on this one. You've got to be careful with importing foreign players. Only when a foreigner really adds something, he should IMO be purchased. There are a couple of risks of having a lot of foreigners. The risk of supporters losing touch(/feeling) with the squad (no one more popular than local heroes) and it will get more difficult for youngsters to enter the squad, and therefore it will get more difficult for them to reach a higher level which could affect the quality of Italian players and therefore of the NT...

·
Registered
1,153 Posts
6. Don't fire coaches after a bad month! You spend the transfer season picking the players that the coach wants and then you sack him straight away. That cannot be right.
Spot on! :)

I mean, it's always absurd to expect instant result from a coach who has only been around for 3 months.

It will be a huge let down for the fans. I still remember clearly how I was so confident that Milan would be fighting bravely for Scudetto last season with Terim, but everything just went amiss when Terim was sacked. The build-up and training during the pre-season will not be to any great use as the replacement might be thinking of some other strategies and formations.

·
Registered
32 Posts
I too think lack of patience with coaches is one of the biggest problems facing Serie A. If you fire a manager after a bad season, that next manager needs time to adjust, time to install his system, time to adjust the roster, etc. By the time he gets things organized, the season may be lost. Rather then sticking with that manager, they decide to hire a new one who has the same problems. Its a never ending cycle. Chairmen need to realize that you can't be the best every season and you can't become the best overnight. Show some patience and give a manager 2 or 3 seasons and things will slowly turn around.

·
Registered
10,588 Posts
Yo Cattenaccio not disrespecting you i have always thought of you as one of the few who understand clacio here

But the sad thing for me is now that every jackass who THINKS they know footbal will be advocating that Hiddink come join Serie A

I have always respected Hiddink's ability and i too think his style would be refreshing for Serie A. Nut not based on his lame assed Korean team but based on his possession football.

With all due respect. I think Hiddink could coach almost any team to beat any serie A team.

Hiddink's possession and pressing without possession is brilliant and has seen him reach one legitimite world cup semifinal in France last world cup.

Definately a coach to bring to Serie A

1 - 6 of 6 Posts