Xtratime Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,691 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
what does it take be the " player of the year " lets say .. villarreal get into the champ league and wins the uefa cup... and roman keeps this up .. would he be a contender for being the player of the year? i know its early .. i just wanted to put this out there what u guys think? its no pressure on roman he's playing great to me he's the best player in spain right now second comes etoo.. but if he does those 2 things with a team like villarreal why shouldn't he get it?

·
Second Place Winner February Photo Contest
2,631 Posts
It's going to be tough for Roman. Sure he is the best playmaker in the world, but he is nowhere near Ronaldinho in terms of popularity. Remember, there are only 2 kinds of player who can win that award - strikers who score loads (Sheva & Henry) and fancy playmakers who dribble like crazy (Ronaldinho)..

·
Freedom for all
16,851 Posts
What player of the year award do y'all mean? Does Spain have its own player of the year award, in the same way that British leagues have a player voted award and a professional writers voted award? Or more like the Oscar style of the Italian one? Or do you mean the FIFA World player of the year?

If there is a club award, then surely Villareal would/will give it to Riquelme. For the FIFA award, he probably would have to be with a big team, purely because he would need the glamour and the publicity to get the votes. There are usually several of these kinds of awards around a top league, and he will surely win at least one.

·
Premium Member
27,068 Posts
possible but very, very, very doubtful at Villarreal.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts