Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
964 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Mr Figo
Raul should hand over the great 7 to him.

·
Registered
3,500 Posts
Your timing is great Paulo! Bravo!

We've just lost our captain and you're asking what it feels like to have this pesetario.

Well, I'll answer you: NOTHING

I would gladly ship him back, right this minute.

ADIOS REDONDO! ESTARAS EN EL CORAZON DE MADRID PARA SIEMPRE.

[Edited by hala on 27-07-2000 at 22:16]

P

·
0 Posts
I'm 200% behind you Hala.....

If the fact that Figo didn't come from 6 years at Barca direct to Real, the fact that he is primarily the cause of Redondo getting the boot will further hurt him in the eyes of the Bernabeu faithful.

I wish I was not so lazy so that I would go unearth those posts about how good a Perez election victory would be :D :D :D

·
Registered
26,731 Posts
Actually Real just sold the best player in the world and their whole midfield for 10 million pounds...its a shame!

I wonder what is Perez smoking....

P

·
0 Posts
You have to wonder what effect this will have on the team next year....wondering if they're going to be traded, etc.

·
Registered
258 Posts
Everyone who shows the money is well invested on him should not be wondering. They have to give the club their 100% as the club is giving them the 100% of their wages. No matter the feelings but the performances.

P

·
0 Posts
If that's true, why did Redondo leave? Why would Salgado possibly leave? Or Macca? I think it's all down to one thing: dollar (or euro or yen, take your pick). It wasn't bad performances by these guys that will do them in, but money, pure and simple.

·
Registered
258 Posts
In an investment you have to weigh up the upcoming Cash-in and out and as for Redondo and Macca I dont think they were going to make playing the money received with their sellings ( you have also to take into account the opprtunity cost of paying their wages).

·
Registered
26,731 Posts
Oh come on now...we know that both Redondo and Salgado are "Sanz boys".Redondo left because he openly said that he prefered Sanz to win the presency and Salgado will leave because he is married with Sanz's daughter.

D

·
0 Posts
You must be a relative of Perez Novena! Surely, Redondo is good enough to play on the field what 3000M pesetas is worth. That's a cheap amount nowadays! If your saying it was correct buying Figo and selling Redondo because Redondo can not give us 3000 M ptas. with his game and Figo's play is worth 10000, you must be kidding. Figo is not thrice better than Redondo. Never has been, never will be, even if you consider their ages, which is not far apart anyway.

P

·
0 Posts
I don't need any Intro to Econ and Finance lessons! I know how an investment works, thank you.

I will not hear about Perez considering all these important financial options when he spent $56 million for a 28-year old star who is here because he lost a what he thought to be a sure deal (Sanz being re-elected thus freeing him of this contract).

I mean why not sell Raul?

Politics: I'm with you guts: Perez has already lost to Sanz and he has some scores to settle with the old boss (whom I would readily prefer in office compared to this clown).

·
Legend
17,146 Posts
First of all Figo is not the best player of the world, Zidane is and secondly, if getting Figo involves losing Redondo and Salgado NO THANK YOU!
I'd rather have Zidane, Redondo and Salgado than this bastard of Judas.
How can a player give his word, swearing not to leave and then leaves to the worst enemies?
If Sheva (God forbids!!!) goes to Inter i'll kill him!:(
Nothing more nothing less!
SO FIgo, get the FUC.K OUT OF REAL!
I'm sure that he'll create tons of problems this year at the dressing room!
Anelka was nothing compared to that big-head bastard!

Figo, va fan culo

·
Legend
17,146 Posts
I really loved and respected him at Barca but now he has shown that he is bastard!

·
Registered
10,086 Posts
Luis Figo is perhaps one of the best players in the world, but what is the price of buying him? For me it's just outrageous. Sure, it's wonderful to have a guy like him in the team, but may I find the logic behind his buying, when now we have arguably the two best free-roles in the world in one team! I mean is there anyone who is gonna contradict this? Steve and Luis are easily the best free-roles and why have them both? If perez has a brain, which I still hope he does, Macca will leave 75%! It's simply pointless to keep them both. I dunno, this is all so weird. Now the Redondo scandal, for me it's been nothing less than a scandal. I'm sorry, but the behavior of Florentino is less than honorable. I really feel sorry for Fernando Carlos, because this must have felt like hell and it happened so quickly. Now I expect real magic from Figo otherwise he's a gonner for me. He has to somehow repay this huge debt:mad:

·
Legend
17,146 Posts
Here's something quite interesting that i found on Sportal.au.nz. That says it all about the new trend of money talk in the world of football and the new meaning of loyalty. Just read and enjoy.

Did someone say `loyalty'?
by: Les Murray
Exclusive to http://www.theworldgame.com.au

Loyalty and trust are among the first things you teach your children but don’t, please don’t, expect to see it from footballers, football coaches and football presidents.
Luis Figo’s cloak and dagger move from Barcelona to Real Madrid, in football terms akin to Napoleon Bonaparte switching to the British side on the eve of Waterloo, demonstrated again how deeply expectations of disloyalty and the turning of coats are ingrained in the beautiful game.

Figo, who appeared quite content in confessing to the world that he thought only of himself and not his club, was not the only villain in the piece. If you are driven to point the finger of treachery only at the avaricious players who will switch loyalties with the promise of an extra million, what then of the club presidents? Florentino Perez, who engineered the Figo move in a brilliant manouvre which landed him the Real presidency, must have been aware that one or more ‘loyal’ Madrid players will have to be shown the door to make way Luis Figo.

Even before the Figo move was sealed, speculation was rife that Fernando Redondo and Steve McManaman will be on their way. So where was Florentino Perez’s loyalty to a player like Redondo, a ‘loyal’ Madrid servant since the early ‘90s, a man at the top of his game, whose bewitching skills against Manchester United in the Champions League got Madrid into the European Cup final last season and who, indeed, was man of the match in that final?

Should Figo partake of another record transfer to, say, Lazio in another season or two, Florentino Perez will no doubt be the first to scream ‘Traitor!’.

As the new Barcelona president Joan Gaspart did, saying: “This is tremendous immorality. Luis should be brave and, without shame, say he wants to move for the money. Real Madrid have a player who will play the role of saying he loves their colours, which he does not.”

Gaspart uttered these words three days before he was to board a plane to London, on a mission to buy Emmanuel Petit and Marc Overmars, and convince the two players they should be disloyal to Arsenal.

People in glass houses indeed. Hernan Crespo, the Argentinian who was for a few days the holder of the world record transfer before Figo, may have been accused of disloyalty by the Parma fans. But the truth is he didn’t even know he was moving until he was told by the club’s conspiring president to pack his bags and take his immeasurable goalscoring skills to Lazio.

Christian Vieri was equally unaware that he was making a record move from Lazio to Inter a year ago until after the deal was done. He muttered under his breath, “I liked it in Rome. I didn’t want to go anywhere.”

Of course Vieri could have refused. But what was he to say to a Lazio president who was ready to sell him for some large pieces of silver? Was he to stay on the basis of loyalty to a club that chose to sell him?

Arsene Wenger, the Arsenal manager is said to be angry and has sounded warning bells about the trend which, in the name of satisfying player avarice, is threatening to destabilise football. But neither is he whiter than white. He for weeks has been on a campaign to take, in mid-contract, the brilliant Frenchman Sylvain Wiltord from Bordeaux to Arsenal. Wenger, to his credit, has tried to dissuade Wiltord from taking the resisting Bordeaux to the European courts.

But the fact remains. Wiltord cannot move away without at least some element of disloyalty to Bordeaux.

Those who pontificate and posture about loyalty and trust in football ought to remember that for club loyalty to be expected, it should be given in equal doses in return. By all parties, including the fans themselves who will turn on their own celebrated players and coaches the minute their team begins to lose.

The truth is the word loyalty is no longer in the dictionary of football, a sport fuelled only by the thirst for trophies, corporate growth and the need to profit.

Speaking of transfers, the avarice - and this reference is reserved for opportunistic agents who meddle with the lives of teenage players - continues in Australia. Another three youngsters, of whom we heard nothing much less saw play, have left the country in the current offseason. Mostly they went to mediocre clubs. They may as well have stayed in our own mediocre national soccer league.

Frank Bazzano, a 20 year old midfielder, went from Essendon in the Victorian state leagues to Bregenz in Austria. Joshua Kennedy, a 17 year old striker on the books of Carlton, went to Wolfsburg in Germany and Darren Broxton, a 16 year old winger from Joondalup in WA has gone to Southampton.

How these silly, premature moves are likely to enhance their careers is difficult to say. Those who waited to establish themselves at home have gone to clubs with better profiles and better chances of titles. Brett Emerton and Steve Laybutt went to Feyenoord while Ivan Ergic, young but already established, is now owned by Juventus.

The statistics are that in the era in which Australia has been an exporter of talent - the last 15 years - most of the real success stories belong to players who were well established at home before they made their moves. Of those who went without having a career in Australia first, only Harry Kewell and Mark Bosnich made it to greatness. But both, of course, went to quality clubs which played at the highest level.

The other major export successes - Krncevic, Farina, Zelic, Okon, Viduka - all went after reaching domestic stardom in Australia first.

What does that tell you apart from the fact that some agents - on top of festering and cultivating player disloyalty - can also be the carriers of extremely bad advice?

·
Registered
2,326 Posts
It's definitely a bit sad to see soccer degenerate into this stage..
I would say Figo didn't do a good PR job when he switched over. For all I knew, his heart was already not with Barca when they failed to win the CL and subsequent ousting of the Dutch contigent didn't help his sense of security either. So when the italians couldn't afford his buyout clause, the next logical club can only be us!
Like Hala said, he 'could have just shut up' but he made a mess with his contradicting statements. And like Gaspart said, he's definitely moving for his interest. If any of you had noticed, he himself also said he got to consider 'his future.. and himself'. When you got all the domestic trophies in your shelves, its only logical you join that damned rival of your club to get the European and international ones!!
Figo's heart definitely won't be with us (at least these few seasons) but I'll expect him to play/ comit himself professionally, 100% or above. Think he's gotta perform a few miracles like Anelka to win over our hearts.
I would say Redondo's case a bit more similar to that of Crespo, Vieri. Digusting thing though that Perez's acting like a financial idiot in this deal to get only 3000M pesta!! That's an insult to Redondo's comitment and quality.

·
Registered
10,086 Posts
Sorry to say this, because it is pretty disrepectful, but 17 mln$ isn't too little for a 31 year old player. I mean really, just think, he has 2 maximally, 3 years left in him! And 17 mln is really quite a bit of money. We are starting to lose our heads with the world records going on, because it's hard to expect 30 mln for a guy like Redondo, almost a granfather in football terms. Sorry, but i think that's more fair.

·
Registered
2,326 Posts
Well, if you look at what Roma is paying for grandpa 'Batigol' (no offence), Redondo is dirt cheap!

·
Registered
10,086 Posts
Of course, but there are a couple of reasons for that:
1) a striker always costs more than a midfielder, even if it has nothing to do with their real skills ( I mean Bati is just such crap!)
2) Bati is simply overrated, he was good in a crap team, where there was no problem scoring, now in Roma he will finally show how good (bad) he is
3) Redondo never recieved the necessary attention, because of not playing for Argentina:(

All that adds up, and we can understand why a better player cost half the price, that a crap player did:)

1 - 20 of 20 Posts