Xtratime Community banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
8,304 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Pietro Carmignani tried a 5-men-defence in todays' match against our Primavera. It seems that he may use it against Juventus too. Today we played like this in the 1st half:

Ferronetti - Bovo - Bonera - Cannavaro - Potenza

What do you think of this idea? Will we be more secure in defence or just more harmless in attack?

Are Ferronetti and Potenza the right players to take this winger positions in the defence? Should we go for some other defenders if we go on playing with 5 men behind?

·
Missing Guidolin.
21,157 Posts
I personally think the idea is a massive joke.

Yes, we can't defend, but you can't get around the situation by adding another man, I;m assuming we will play with Ferronetti and Potenza (as in your formation), as wing-backs, and they don't have the quality.

Changing formation will change nothing, however changing players, may change something.

·
Registered
8,304 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thats what I think. Also, a 5-men-defence is not used any more, I dont know any teams that play like this. We will never score a goal with Morfeo and Gilardino as the only offensive players and 9 players behind...

We should get strong back-ups for Bresc, Morfeo and Marchionni and stay with our 4-2-3-1

·
Registered
26,731 Posts
It's not the number of players at the back that is the problem, it's the players themselfs. Having one more man next to them will not stop Bovo or Cannavaro make a fatal mistake, will it?

And it eradicates our chances of scoring too.

·
HEY, WHA' HAPPENED?
24,083 Posts
I was going to say, Bovo & Canna Jr. in the same defence. :eek:

·
Registered
2,535 Posts
good luck. 5 defence is a joke but if it will get you a point then perhaps that is all that matters right now. I don't think it will and you should go out and attack but perhaps Carmignani is trying to make a point. Who knows.

·
Missing Guidolin.
21,157 Posts
Nope, this won't be just for the Juventus game, Pietro used it also in his reign before.

·
Registered
2,535 Posts
If it works then who gives a shit. If it doesn't people will scream for his blood. Ohhhh CANADA BEAT RUSSIA IN WORLD JUNIOR CHAMPIONSHIP BABY. RUSSIA GOT CRUSHED BY PHANEUFF, WEBER, BERGERON, AND EVERYONE ELSE ON THE CANADIAN TEAM. WOH WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! YAH BABY. All right have a good day.

·
Registered
13,659 Posts
I think any change is good. It doesn't matter what they do as long as it changes the mindset of the players. If the team feels more secure with a five man defence, so be it...

As long as Marchionni is injured (is he?) it's useless to play with wingers anyway. And at this position we can't really be fussed about playing attractive football.

------------ Gila
----------- Morfeo
-- Bresc -- Simplicio -- Grella
Pot - Bovo - Canna - Bonera -- Ferro
------------ Frey

Tactics: Back to the trenches! Fight for your lives! Counter attack! Run! Keep it simple.

This is the only way we will survive. I'm 100% with Gedeone.

·
Registered
26,731 Posts
But Marten, can't you see it won't work?

In attack, last time Carmignani was around and he used this system in order to save us, we had Di Vaio playing up front, not Gila. Di Vaio is fantastic at the break and he spend the season running after the balls kicked out to him by our garisoned back. Gila is not this type of striker as he can actually hold up the ball and wait for the attacking midfielders to move in and he is neither fast or explosive enough to run after long balls like Di Vaio was...

Plus, our defence tottaly lacks the experience to grind out results. Last time we had Sensini, Cannavaro, Boghossian in defence, Lamouchi and Almeyda in midfield... Players that maybe were tired in legs but had mental skills to cope with pressure and not fvck up as soon as 80th minute passes... With the exception of Morfeo and Frey we don't have a SINGLE experienced player right now. Who's going to be the organizer at the back? The mental midget that is Bonera? Ferronetti and Potenza who still suffer from acme? Or Bovo and Cannavaro who can't even organize their own two brain cells?

·
Registered
13,659 Posts
It's still a change. Baldini is probably a better coach than Carmignani but when it's not working you must try something else.

Building from the back is also the only way to go in this situation. If the defenders get better support they might feel more secure and commit less mistakes. Or if they make a mistake maybe someone else is right behind them correcting it.

Having four offensive players is something we can't afford at this stage. At least not when Marchionni isn't one of them.

·
Missing Guidolin.
21,157 Posts
Marchionni is one of our best players, and this formation doesn't suit him.

At the end of the day, if we play 5 at the back we will still concede, and it limits our attacks. I think we should go more for scoring goals, and at least if we go down, go down trying to score goals.

·
Registered
866 Posts
Just look at the goal conceded gainst Juve, no one dared to jump for a ball that ****er Zlatan head it to goal, defence is a horror show for Parma, apsolutely disastorous and I think Gede is aware of that, hence 5 man defence. I pray for that deal with Juve, we need some defence players that knows what they`re doing.

And lets give it up to Frey for saving Parma honours, and dont give a **** if Gila or Bonera leaves but a day Frey leave a post for Parma it`d be a sad day for me.
Sebastain #the magic" Frey-Parma should get that wages back to you and persude you to stay with us!!!!! FORZA PARMA-for better days

1 - 13 of 13 Posts