Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
8,043 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I can only see negative things to come out of this volley. Sure it was good. And it happened at the right time for Liverpool. But is this going to turn into another case of overhyping a player for just one incident in a game of 90 minutes. Remember Zidane and his 2 headers. Zidane and his volley against a weak Bayer L. Those three moments have lead some people (mostly serie A fans, French, youngsters) believe that he is even better than Maradona.

The only thing that's going to come out of this Gerrard goal is his increase marketing by the English media nor matter where Liverpool ends at the end of the season. Don't be surprised if he falls in the three nominees for World Player of the year next year.
 

·
Xtratime's Head of Humour 2007
Joined
·
63,337 Posts
It doesn't really matter what the media says or how many people hype him does it ?

all that matters is Liverpool are through to the next round and now might have money to strengthen in the window.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
23,575 Posts
Thats what counts, a single move that can change the outcome of a game. Diego was playing like crap for Porto, but he came through and score a great goal against Chelsea.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
23,575 Posts
Oh and Calcio get a new routine you mother ****er, go **** a goat or something I´´m just tired of hearing the same BS about Zidane. If people are stupid enough to rate him higher than Maradona, you are just as stupid dismissing his qualities you damn cock smoker :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
8,043 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Liternit said:
Oh and Calcio get a new routine you mother ****er, go **** a goat or something I´´m just tired of hearing the same BS about Zidane. If people are stupid enough to rate him higher than Maradona, you are just as stupid dismissing his qualities you damn cock smoker :)
Ohh, but you are allowed to have one of your million orga$ms each time you hear players like Becks getting criticised. Zidane is overrated. He has always been. Winning a championship in your own backyard with a team made of guys like Thuram, Deschamp, Desailly, Barthez does not make you the best thing since sliced bread. More especially if you are not even the best player in the team and you got suspended in other games.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
26,731 Posts
How about winning the French League and the UEFA Cup with Bordeaux, Serie A (few times) and the CL (?) with Juventus, La Liga and the CL with Real Madrid, in addition to one WC and one Euro? If you're 20something like me, Zidane is the VERY best player you've ever seen, excluding some very faint memories of Maradona and Ronaldo at his Barcelona days. Don't be silly.

As for Gerrard... Fantastic player, fantastic goal.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
9,405 Posts
gerrard is a fantastic player and his volley was awesome,moreover he allowed his team to go through ot the next round!! :star:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
8,043 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
AMOROSO! said:
How about winning the French League and the UEFA Cup with Bordeaux, Serie A (few times) and the CL (?) with Juventus, La Liga and the CL with Real Madrid, in addition to one WC and one Euro? If you're 20something like me, Zidane is the VERY best player you've ever seen, excluding some very faint memories of Maradona and Ronaldo at his Barcelona days. Don't be silly.

As for Gerrard... Fantastic player, fantastic goal.
Wrong! :nono:
Figo in Barca
Rivaldo
Ronaldinho
Sheva
Henry
Adriano
Davids
Totti
Deco this season
... have all given me more "memories" than that lazy old man. The guy did nothing in the world cup except two headers. And that volley against bayer L did not change the outcome of the game. Real was already going to win that game.

He ran away from Juve because "he wanted to win UCL". If he was such a great player why didn't he carry that Juve to the UCL. And mind you, Juve was already a solid team coached by one of the best coaches. He was most certainly not the best player in Juve. Did you ever see Maradona running away from poor Napoli. A true champion. He took them to places no one will ever do.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
25,266 Posts
Well today Benitez called him the best midfielder in the World, It's a matter of opinion but I don't think he is.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
23,575 Posts
CMBurns said:
Ohh, but you are allowed to have one of your million orga$ms each time you hear players like Becks getting criticised. Zidane is overrated. He has always been. Winning a championship in your own backyard with a team made of guys like Thuram, Deschamp, Desailly, Barthez does not make you the best thing since sliced bread. More especially if you are not even the best player in the team and you got suspended in other games.
Its not only about winning, its how he plays seu cabaço. But then it also comes down to winning, so showing up in a final and scoring is very important. France could have made a flawless campaigne but if they had lost the final it would have been worthless.

So go toma no cu seu fdp, but keep apreciating the shit brains in this board that will probably waste pages and pages on your sorry lame ass comments based on S.H.I.T :heart: :embarass:
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
1,336 Posts
it was a half volley not a volley
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
164 Posts
Perfect goal by Gerrard. I was like "NOOOOO WAYYY!!!" Actually cheered, even though I dont have nothing on Liverpool.
About Gerrard in general: I think he's a nice player, but just a little too slow.

And to CMBurns: sh*t is supposed to be coming out of your arse, not your mouth! :finger:
 
1 - 20 of 40 Posts
Top