Xtratime Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5,608 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I reckon this thread would be a good way to cover up the cracks in friendship made recently between fans of the various leagues. :) We always seem to have something bad to say about the other leagues other than our own, so this seems like the most logical solution to warm some hearts. It is, after all, just a game. :happy:

My favourite league is the Serie A, so I guess I would have to say something about all the rest:-

- The La Liga has a high degree of entertainment value attached to it, and almost every single match in the top flight is worth 90 minutes of your time. Off-the-field, it's one of the best leagues in the world to follow. :)
- The English Premier League is fast, furious, entertaining, and most clubs have got great tradition and history. TV coverage is very well
done and the marketing people have done a great job.
- The Scottish League has got Celtic and Rangers, and this derby is very passionate.
- The Bundesliga is pretty evenly contested, the football is awesome to watch at times and Bayern's style is refreshing and intimidating.

·
Registered
59,308 Posts
well as I like to follow the Dutch and English leagues most along with the Bundesliga , I guess I'll have to comment on what I like about La Liga and Serie A.

so for La Liga:

-so many sides from midtable who can on their day pretty much thrash the leading sides
-technical play

Serie A:

-the tactical organization
-the crowds despite the questionable attendances (ie the 5000 Perugia fans last year vs PSV in their home game made it sound like there were 25000)

·
Premium Member
11,360 Posts
The best thing about the Bulgarian league is the president of the Bulgarian footballing union Ivan Slavkov - Bateto, arguably one of the funniest pesons in the world. His interviews are just priceless. :)
There is a thread about him in Bulgarian forum, check it out, it's absolutely hilarious.

·
Registered
2,160 Posts
Scottish football
-Watching Rangers play is fun, especially vs Celtic, and the fans are the most passionate in the world.

North American A-League
-There's a team here in Montreal, and tickets are very cheap.

·
Senior Poster of the year 2007
40,147 Posts
I would not talk about "least favourite", but anyway...

-Serie A: Tactical organization and team work

-EPL: The stadiums, the fair play (compared with La Liga), the fans and the atmosphere and the direct game (not very beautiful for my taste, but entertaining)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts