Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 70 Posts

·
Registered
22,221 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What is the thing that you dislike the most about your favourite league it could be anything don't be afraid to say it.Mine of course is Serie A and one hate I guess I have is the play acting of players which happens everywhere but is a constant pain in the ar*e in Italy I feel.

·
Registered
2,273 Posts
A Ethniki. The risk of fan violence which keeps families away from the games and lead to low attendances for most clubs. The attendances are 1/3rd of what they were 10 years ago....

·
Registered
46,396 Posts
I love the boring serie A full of 0-0. I could even love a week with just 0-0, cause serie A games do not need goals to be fantastic.
I just dislike some people who live in the world of serie A: Carraro, Galliani, the duo Bergamo-Pairetto, club owners like Zamparini or Cellino or Lotito, club managements like the Triad of Juventus, coaches like Capello, players like Di Canio or Materazzi...

·
Registered
22,221 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well I do concur with a few of your thoughts Tone :finger: ,The Juventus and referee pact,Fan violence,Dud players who think they're great.

·
Registered
2,160 Posts
Lower table teams playing long balls.
Dirty tackles from behind.
Refs giving so many favorable calls to Chelsea, Arsenal, and Manchester United.
Players slacking off because they're getting big wages (Harry Kewell)

·
Registered
8,947 Posts
La Liga : Most of big matches started at 3:00 AM. The time table is really unfriendly to my time region.

Serie A : Not every referees are good and their decisions sometimes are controversial. And when the match play is stagnant and ended 0-0, it's boring as hell. Not every big match offers great entertainment, while sometimes match between smaller teams like Parma, Lecce, Chievo, Reggina, etc. are much more enjoyable.

EPL : The commentators sometimes are so biased and exaggerating.

·
Registered
402 Posts
What I hate most about La Liga is that with a few exceptions the teams in Spain are managed like a marketplace spot and consequently the league is becoming worse with every passing year in terms of quality and competitiveness.
This year no actual title race and that's just because Real Madrid and Valencia voluntarely destroyed themselves.

·
Registered
60,418 Posts

·
Senior Poster of the year 2007
40,147 Posts
La Liga

1st) The stupid fashion of the monkey noises since Luis Aragones opened his ****ing mouth and the ultras.
2nd) The lack of competence of the referees
3rd) The 4-2-3-1 (although it seems that it's finishing the damn fashion of the 2 DMs)

·
Registered
10,390 Posts
Has to be the referees they are just pathetic to say the least, yes im talking about La Liga, wasnt that obvious.

·
Senior Poster of the year 2007
40,147 Posts
Zhuge Liang said:
La Liga : Most of big matches started at 3:00 AM. The time table is really unfriendly to my time region.
It seems that the big clubs wanted a change. It's stupid to do an Asian Tour on summer, as Barcelona, Madrid and Valencia, and then play the matches at 3 AM in Asia.

On the other hand, it's really difficult to change it. On weekends, people are having lunch at 3 PM and this hour time, it's horrible in April, May or June. People would die in the stands with the sun up there.

ViscaBarçaInter said:
The diving that happens every week in Spain, and that the refs are too weak/incompetent to do something about it.
I think that there is no solution for this. It seems that some players just live to dive, the problem is that this is not seen as bad as in the UK. If a player dives here, he's very smart. In the UK, he would be strongly criticized.

Alexey said:
This year no actual title race and that's just because Real Madrid and Valencia voluntarely destroyed themselves
I wish you were right, I truly hope Madrid to destroy themselves... but they're just 4 points far from us. A smaller gap than the one that exists in the EPL.

·
Registered
66,989 Posts
that we're constantley being mentioned in the same sentence as the Ukrainian league.

·
Registered
5,608 Posts
Serie A: A lot of coaches and players are sore losers and will point the fingers at everyone else but themselves after a defeat. From conspiracy theories to the angle of the sunlight, this seems to be Italian football's favourite past-time.

·
Defunct
23,341 Posts
1. The hipocrisy and victimization. Every week there is someone crying to the papers about bad refereeing and the whole league being against them. Often these are small clubs with legitimate claims but it creates a culture of complaining where noone will be blamed for whining if they want to. And every weekend there is the moviola (or so we are told) on tv examining every single incident in every match. In the end, the focus is no longer on the game, it's on the tiny bits and pieces that people choose to dedicate themselves to instead of discussing the match as a whole.

As a prime example I give you Euro2004 and WC2002 when much of Italy was in uproar over how they were robbed. Many of the very same fans whose clubs get favorable decisions week in and week out.

2. The uneven playground. Juve and Milan as the worst offenders have much influence over the league, other clubs, control too many players, get too big a slice of the tv money and so on.

3. Idiot ultras who are to blame for crowd trouble and an increasing trend of pitch invasion and other appaling episodes like the Rome derby, the Frisk incident etc etc.

1 - 20 of 70 Posts