Xtratime Community banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Fourth Place Winner, February 2013 XT Photo Conte
7,783 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
and your in the corner, indoor soccer wise cuz last night i were hesitent to try use the wall to my advantage...but then i was like wtf shud i do -

·
Registered
14,298 Posts
well i have an indoor game tonight...but wherei play there are no walls which is what i like. for some reason i hate the walls. in my situation like that, i look for an outlet pass back to the fullback or a cross to the middle for a header or volley.

·
Registered
1,124 Posts
Either pass it through the defenders or dribble through them. You have nothing to lose except the ball. Or kick as hard as you can against the wall.

·
Banned
3,551 Posts
Hmm. I use the ball to my advantage when playing with walls, but what I do in futsal in that situation is to play the ball back to my goalkeeper and trust him to pass it away. You can also take the guy on, but that's a dangerous position to be trying tricks, so close to your goal.

edit: and I just realised you meant attacking. What I'd do here is take the guy on, pull a move, beat him, and go for goal or lay it off for a team mate.

·
7,783 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
ah so i was kida doing the correct thing i guess...

remembers i got right in the corner, some dude was behind me, i just put my foot on it, n moved around to create bit of space then passed it.

another time i was in corner i tried scooping it up so i could run bit then volley it towards the goal, that created space to attempt a cheeky chip to a friend just outside the circle but he chickened the header....

i was playing down the left side wall.... at first getting the feel of the ball in a position where i feel safe - in defence, when i went offensive i was down the left too but i hate being in offense cause i hate shooting lol had bout 2 or 3 attemps on goal, none on target....

the worst thing is, cause we play recreational against some other dudes, we have no ref so things get bit more contact....i dont think i could play along the right side - as its a gate/fence all way along....kinda make me feel in secure i think lol

·
Registered
418 Posts
If you've no other option, back into your marker, then take a dive :p

·
Registered
25,902 Posts
Or boot the ball into the wall and hope it rebounds kindly. I do it alot if I've got no options to pass.

·
7,783 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
gray said:
If you've no other option, back into your marker, then take a dive :p
what use is that when the referee = non existant, sure theres the odd freekick thrown in for obvious handballs, but diving...pfft....not gonna work, id prolly say we play rugby more than football in our game lol

·
Registered
8,178 Posts
Oh the referee is non existant, then I would just try to make my way with fouls ;) :D

No, honestly, if there was a referee, I would keep the ball as long as I could and try to get a foul

·
Registered
12,798 Posts
khimik said:
Or boot the ball into the wall and hope it rebounds kindly. I do it alot if I've got no options to pass.
Classic example of the "wall pass" ;)

PS: It's pretty useful if you've practised it often :thmbup:

·
Registered
4,781 Posts
It depends. If the game is almost over and we're winning by a small amount I use the corners to waste time. If I get trapped in a corner whilst possesion of the ball I will usually look if I can do a back pass or I'll chip the ball over the defender usually by lifting the ball up then striking it.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Well if there's no ref:

But seriously, I think that you should pull a spinning move like some sort of roullette variation or even that Okocha move.

·
Registered
877 Posts
JawZ2002 said:
and your in the corner, indoor soccer wise cuz last night i were hesitent to try use the wall to my advantage...but then i was like wtf shud i do -
First of all, as a right footed Striker i love playin on the left side of the pitch. I seem to beat defenders easily that way becuase u can just cut into the box and get a nice look at the post immediately. and with the ball on your right foot(on the left side), the defender get a little bit confused on what to do, becuase if he rushes you, u can just tap it past him on stop on a dime and cut in. Try seeing if that will work for you. works for Henry and Also works for me. If you get stuck and you have nobody to support you, Try to hold it till someone gets there. but if you have bag of tricks (which i always practice and keep handy). its your time to shine. Tap it once and let him open up his leg to cover you, tap it in between his legs and run past him. TAAADAAAA!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts