Xtratime Community banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
2,211 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
when u see we are gonna make european football whatsoever,but than when we make CL and u have a look at what happened with Udinese,Betis,Everton and other teams...they suddenly dont perform in the lg,what should we do to prevend this from happening,cause it seems obvious now...maybe we should buy some experienced 28/29/30 yr olds..i dont know...maybe Prandelli knows..i hope :sweeteye: course i dont want Fiorentina struggling for relegation again :irritate: :dazed:

·
Registered
2,211 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
is anyone gonna react or am i the last Viola fan on this planet lol:D

·
Registered
297 Posts
It's a good question, but personally I don't want to think about that right now, especially not today.

But I think Della Valle is well aware of this and will strengthen the squad with a couple of quality players. New players is basically the only solution.

·
Registered
2,211 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thank you for your reaction,it means alot that people still react on here lol:D

·
Registered
3,260 Posts
depth. depth is our key. a squad that can be rotated and perform in many leagues.
in the gk and strike force department, we're doing well. Tavano would complete that, and we'd have a team where players are getting alot of game time and have an outlet to show us why theyre earning good money.

as for midfield, well im sure thats an area DVD is working on and defence, well thats our greatest concern. At the moment, i think only Uja and Pasqual would be considered strong enough with Dainelli being acceptable. That leaves us with a few spots to fill. A big name CB would be just what we need.

CL or not, we need depth in order to consolidate our position and become a stronger team.

·
Registered
2,211 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Jah said:
depth. depth is our key. a squad that can be rotated and perform in many leagues.
in the gk and strike force department, we're doing well. Tavano would complete that, and we'd have a team where players are getting alot of game time and have an outlet to show us why theyre earning good money.

as for midfield, well im sure thats an area DVD is working on and defence, well thats our greatest concern. At the moment, i think only Uja and Pasqual would be considered strong enough with Dainelli being acceptable. That leaves us with a few spots to fill. A big name CB would be just what we need.

CL or not, we need depth in order to consolidate our position and become a stronger team.
i think 1 super signing could do the trick aswell..at the moment we have players that are just below the top... Ujfalusi,Fiore,Jorgensen etc..

if we buy a player like ..hmm i dont know...for example... Lucarelli or someone with a name Simplicio,Xavi,Julio Baptista i dont know..just saying lol :jester:

·
Registered
161 Posts
We need to sign 3 defenders, 2 midfielders and 1 foward.

Coach : Prandelli
Keeper : Frey, Lobnot
Defenders : Pasqual, Ujfalusi, Dainelli, Kroldrup, Jankulovski*, Gamberini, Parisi*, Coda*
Midfielders : Brocchi, Donadel, Fiore, Jorgensen, Montolivo, Jimenez, Liverani*, Bresciano*
Fowards : Toni, Pazzini, Bojinov, Tavano*

That means that we will have to buy out Fiore, Pasqual, Frey and Brocchi. We get Liverani on a free and Jankulovski on loan. We buy Tavano, Bresciano, Parisi and Coda. Jankulovski isnt getting much playing time at the San Siro and Parisi isnt getting much playing time at Messina. Our line up would look something like this:

---------------------Frey
-------------------(Lobnot)

--Ujfalusi-----Dainelli--Kroldrup--Pasqual
(Jankulovski)-(Coda)-(Gamberini)-(Parisi)

--Fiore----Donadel---Bresciano--Jorgenson
(Jimenez)-(Liverani)-(Brocchi)--(Montolivo)

------------Toni------Pazzini
-----------(Tavano)--Bojinov)

Obviously if we are in the Champions League and stay in the Coppa Italia for a while everyone will be getting games.

We can dream.

·
Registered
8,447 Posts
Don't forgot that there are few players who will join us in summer, Maggio back from loan, Parravicini transfer, both from Treviso, and we hold 50 percent of Gobbi, who is doing good job in Cagliari, i think Corvino will try to bring him to play for us next season.

As for strenghtening defense, I think we should definitely try to bring in Bonera, i'm sure he has quality to improve our defense in next season. Btw how is Pancaro's contract, runs out in summer? Maybe we should keep him one more season, he is good backup for both sides.

·
Registered
1,450 Posts
Dannyd said:
Obviously if we are in the Champions League and stay in the Coppa Italia for a while everyone will be getting games.
We will be at least in UEFA Cup which means lot of games anyway.

·
Registered
14,870 Posts
I dont think you need to do much at all, you have been playing well this season and have a team that can get better with time. The attack is certainly strong enough, the midfield equally so. The defence could use a player or two, but that is about it.

Dont fall in the Inter trap of changing too much every year.

·
Registered
3,260 Posts
Dannyd said:
We need to sign 3 defenders, 2 midfielders and 1 foward.

Coach : Prandelli
Keeper : Frey, Lobnot
Defenders : Pasqual, Ujfalusi, Dainelli, Kroldrup, Jankulovski*, Gamberini, Parisi*, Coda*
Midfielders : Brocchi, Donadel, Fiore, Jorgensen, Montolivo, Jimenez, Liverani*, Bresciano*
Fowards : Toni, Pazzini, Bojinov, Tavano*

That means that we will have to buy out Fiore, Pasqual, Frey and Brocchi. We get Liverani on a free and Jankulovski on loan. We buy Tavano, Bresciano, Parisi and Coda. Jankulovski isnt getting much playing time at the San Siro and Parisi isnt getting much playing time at Messina. Our line up would look something like this:

---------------------Frey
-------------------(Lobnot)

--Ujfalusi-----Dainelli--Kroldrup--Pasqual
(Jankulovski)-(Coda)-(Gamberini)-(Parisi)

--Fiore----Donadel---Bresciano--Jorgenson
(Jimenez)-(Liverani)-(Brocchi)--(Montolivo)

------------Toni------Pazzini
-----------(Tavano)--Bojinov)

We can dream.
Excellent evaluation, i couldnt agree more.

Liverani is FREE and a quality player. I am, as are you Danny, biased toward Bresciano. What are peoples thoughts on him?

Tavano would be a nice addition to the squad, not to mention a helping hand in 'cleaning' out some old players (im sure Empoli would be more than happy to receive 2 or 3 players for him)

As for the defence, i think thats where our 'super signing' should step in. Although i think he's a plank of wood, i wouldnt be against Materazzi signing. We need a high profile centre back PLUS Jankulovski.

·
Registered
3,260 Posts
oh and if we get into the CL, we need to PLUNDER the UEFA sides and offer star players the chance to play with the best!

·
Registered
22,221 Posts
If Fiorentina can finish in fourth position and then go onto qualify for the CL that would be a massive bonus,as players love to play in Europe's elite competition.But if it's just a UEFA cup placing still there could be some decent players to be signed as Fiorentina don't lack the funds except really need to try to get into the CL.

·
Registered
9,120 Posts
Do you believe that Bojinov would be happy as a sub next season as well, I somehow doubt it ,if he is not offered a starting place Im quite sure he might ask to be loaned or transfered to another team. This season he has had problems and he changed his attitude but the longer he is kept as a sub his attitude will worsen once more. Im actually thinking that you might sell Toni at the end of the season cashing on his great year. But if you do sign Tavano one of the current strickers will be unhappy and thus I think its pretty likely that either you will keep the current strickers without signing anyone or selling one of them Bojinov and Toni seem most likely.
Anyway I think you lack another creative midfielder and perhaps a backup DM,LD RD and a CD/SW. If you get players for those positions I think you will do better next season then this one.

·
Registered
161 Posts
I think that there will be plenty of playing time to share between Toni, Bojinov and Pazzini with the league cup and europe as long as we arent knocked out early. We have a good core of players we just lack depth and with an increased schedule thats what we need to focus on. Juve have DP, Mutu, Trez and Ibra so why cant we have 4 fowards if we get into CL.

Saying that I dont think that we will get Tavano as with Toni, Pazzini and Bojinov we have 3 good fowards. With the youth of Pazzini and Bojinov i think we will be going for an average experienced striker to take that 4th place.

·
Registered
5,318 Posts
las7 said:
Anyway I think you lack another creative midfielder and perhaps a backup DM,LD RD and a CD/SW. If you get players for those positions I think you will do better next season then this one.
A lot depends on where Montolivo ends up finding his niche. I still read articles describing Prandelli molding him into the Pirlo role (see below).

http://www.fiorentinanews.com/index.php?action=read&id=13493

If that ends up being the case then we definitely need another attacking midfielder. I think that we are fine at DM since I expect us to play with two mids (a ball winner and a distributor) slightly forward our back line. My guess is...

-------Brocchi/Donadel----Liverani/Montolivo---------

Then remember that we can always bring over Parravicini, as Pavel mentioned. We need another LB and RB and we need someone to play in Jorg's spot. Another quality CB, too, I agree. As far as out-and-out attackers go, I think we have enough quality on our Primavera side to provide depth but I would not be against getting another forward.

·
Registered
3,260 Posts
Cant Jimenez be shifted over to the left and drop Fiore into the right?
we need another strong CB.

as for Tavano, why not? Empoli need non Serie B players for depth and we would be happy to slim down our lists of average reservists.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts