Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 182 Posts

·
Registered
54,575 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Obviously neither will make the CL it seems, so next year both need to make this as their main priority. Aside from giving away their best players, what can they do? Who can they sign? What type of project should they put in place?

·
XT's Demi-God
8,662 Posts
get rid of the deadwood in the playing staff and management, show some faith in their youth, get a stadium they own, have better scouts.

·
Registered
17,495 Posts
Have a real project, that's the best thing they can do.

Look at Roma and Napoli, they've spent sustainably and they've built very good squads even if they've had to sell some of their stars in order to balance the books. It didn't happen overnight, but it can and does work if you put in the necessary time, effort and funds.

Neither Inter nor Milan seem to have any kind of plan on how to make their teams competitive, it's like the money was taken out from beneath their organizations, and they can't seem to function without that same financial capability. There's definitely a vast middle ground between spending boatloads of money on the best players and trying to pick up bargain bin player for cheap or free. You can't run a club of their size on a shoe-string budget, you're going to have to make some expenses but make smart choices for smart money.

What's necessary is just a fundamental restructuring and embracing the new reality, make a clean break with the past and try to be great on different terms.

Start with clearing out the deadwood, which they're both saddled with significantly. Have at least a 5 year plan, prepare your club and your fans to be patient, let the club rebuild slowly, set modest targets and steadily increase them with incremental progress. Have a real budget for transfers, renew the team in a systematic and sensible way, instead of trying to find stop-gap players who from other teams. Yes, sometimes finding those opportunities will help, but you can't build a complete team like that, there has to be a methodical approach. Invest in scouting and youth, even if you can fill a quarter of your squad and even one or two starting spots in your line-up with a few youth players, it's worth making the necessary investment. Figure out how you're going to create more revenue, whether it's through sponsorships, or building and owning their own stadium, and marketing their brand abroad, you have to find a way for the club to succeed as a business. Because if your owner just flat out refuses to pay for it out of pocket, the only way to survive is making sure the club operates feasibly and successful as a separate business entity.

Everything we've seen from them since the financial ramifications of their excessive spending came crashing down has just been haphazard and unorganized.

·
Greta joke sharer
22,627 Posts
Merge.

·
Registered
4,314 Posts
AC Milan need to start by coughing up money for some really good defenders.
like who?? davide astori??:eekani::eekani::eekani:

·
Registered
437 Posts
I am pretty certain that both Milan and Inter will amass more points in the second half of the season. Hernanes is a great addition for Inter that alone will be a huge boost for Inter, while Milan were quite unlucky on multiple occasions, they are actually first in possession in Serie A and second in shots per game.

·
Registered
57,416 Posts
A couple of CBs, a solid DM, 1 new striker, 1 fullback and referees who award us penalties in football matches. I almost forgot what a penalty looks like. :err: :D

new Calciopoli
http://www.xtratime.org/forum/showpost.php?p=8370289&postcount=29

http://www.xtratime.org/forum/showpost.php?p=5973745&postcount=27

Juve in B again would be terrific, but once in a lifetime is good enough. :wee:

Inter should have won a couple of Scudetti before Calciopoli occurred. Poor Ronaldo was infamously robbed by Piero Ceccarini in 1998 and Massimo Di Santis in 2002 in decisive matches. And it's not like we were used to finishing 9th or 6th right before Calciopoli...

01-02 3rd
02-03 2nd
03-04 4th

better league finishes than the past two seasons.

·
Registered
648 Posts
referees who award us penalties in football matches.
Did you actually have situations where you could be given a penalty?

Back in Conte's first season he and the fans were complaining about the lack of penalties given to Juve (we got only 1 penalty in 32 rounds), while in fact there were hardly any situations where a penalty could have been given in Juve's favor. On those 7-8 matches that I watched Inter this year, I don't really remember that a penalty could have been given in your favor.

·
┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌&#874
31,893 Posts
ABC

Already have a Buiness-approach, no-nonsense, Juve-GTFO owner called Thohir

Build Stadium to make money, promote Inter to Asia big time and Make more money to Spend and win to make more money to spend and win to make more money........

Clear out Damaging people like Branca, then useless people and players continuously when they appear. Loyalty and emotions aside.

(acm)

Admit that Milan-Lab is meant for advertising-purpose only, with nothing inside.

Barbara Berlusconi to back off and apologize to Galliani before he goes to Cagliari.

Cash in on Balotelli before the world cup... before its too late.

·
Registered
3,474 Posts

Back in Conte's first season he and the fans were complaining about the lack of penalties given to Juve (we got only 1 penalty in 32 rounds), while in fact there were hardly any situations where a penalty could have been given in Juve's favor. On those 7-8 matches that I watched Inter this year, I don't really remember that a penalty could have been given in your favor.
Don't forget about that infamous night in his first year with Juve against Milan. You didn't get any helping hands there… :loser:

·
Registered
45,359 Posts

There are situations in which soft pks could be awarded but this is the season in which Inter never get a pk in that kind of situation. Contrarily to other teams...

·
Don
902 Posts
I dont think Milan are that far off from being a big team, in Italy. Their attack with Balotelli, Honda, Kaka and El-Shaarawy has potential. Montolivo, De Jong, Cristante in mid is not a mid that should be languishing where they are. Their defence I find to be average though, they could use some clever upgrades there, smart and inexpensive purchases like Vidic, Evra to complement a Roma-like project geared towards youth. But key word is youth, since it seems they wont be affording any ready-made World Class players (No Serie A team will be unless its unique circumstances - Tevez, Higuain). De Sciglio, Cristante are good starts and getting El-Sha back to form, incorporating Niang'?

I haven't watched much of Inter this season but earlier in the season they seemed impressive to me until Mazzarri did some tweaking. They could use a few better defenders and a solid DM. Their attack has gone stale but thats systematic because they were scoring quite abit earlier in the season.

·
Registered
45,359 Posts
Huge investments in top players they can't make. Oh wait, we were talking about Italy... smart investments on the best players of serie A could be enough. Inter have started very well with Hernanes. Milan have started not very well with a hasbeen from Chelsea such as Essien and a nobody from QPR such as Taarabt. Honda from CSKA Moskow could be a good investment instead even if right now I can't recognize him. I also like Rami, but he needs a better partner in defense than Mexes/Bonera/Zapata/Zaccardo.

Mazzarri's Inter

--------------------Handanovic
-------Rolando/X-----X/Rolando-------Juan Jesus
X-----------X------------X------Hernanes-------Nagatomo (?)
------------------X------------X

maybe Alvarez somewhere, maybe Icardi if he finds some consistency and develop into a better player.

Seedorf's Milan

-------------------------X
De Sciglio (?)------Rami----------X-----------X
--------------------X-----------X
-------------X---------Honda (?)------X
-------------------------X

Guarin for Inter and Balotelli for Milan are shitheads who bring a team nowhere so I don't consider them reliable enough to build a winning team with them.

Basically Inter have bought in January their best player, Hernanes, and have very little more.
Milan do not even have that. It's a team to rebuild almost completely, if we forget some Italian players who could be useful reserves.

1 - 20 of 182 Posts