Xtratime Community banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
641 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys I wrote this topic on the EC08 forum but I want your opinion so:

Upon reading my Euro 2008 Spectators guide I looked at the list of prohibited items and besides such things as motorcycle helmets, dogs and guns, photo cameras are not allowed. Do you think they will enforce that?

·
Registered
36,402 Posts
hm, how new is your mobile? U can take your Canon digi-cam and use it before and after games, but they'll probably search and confiscate at the gates, not your mobile though. I think, can they?

·
Registered
465 Posts
i've brought a camera in just about every sporting event i've ever been to. including the last euros and the last world cup. no hassles - in fact, the only thing i ever had confiscated was booze and a swiss army knife.

·
Registered
641 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
hm, how new is your mobile? U can take your Canon digi-cam and use it before and after games, but they'll probably search and confiscate at the gates, not your mobile though. I think, can they?
I dont know about mobile phones. In this package I got with the tickets from Uefa there is this big Spectators guide which gives full information on every venue and Im in shock no cameras are allowed. I bought a Sony Cybershot for this trip and I'll be damned if I cant take pictures in the stadiums.

·
Registered
11,166 Posts
Interesting..you see that alot with concerts. For example, he last U2 tour on the ticket it said no cameras yet, everyone took one along and nothing happened. This is what I'd do...since you have tickets to all 3 games, don't bring the camera for the first game and observe what others do. If you see people in the stadium taking pics, then you're good to go.

In 98 when I went to France for the WC, we all had cameras...my buddies went to Japan and took a ton of pics in the stadiums there and same with the WC in Germany.....

·
Registered
2,846 Posts
I saw Springsteen in March and it was very clear that cameras were not allowed.

Some dude in my row about 10 guys away took some pics and security came in and told him to leave. He refused and the cops were there within 30 seconds and he was gone for the night!

Perhaps leave the camera behind for the first game and scope out what your dealing with... don't wanna mess around too much and get the f'in boot.

·
Registered
235 Posts
You're gonna be sitting with a large group of croats, right? So take the camera. They won't take them off you. They state cameras are prohibited for legal reasons; image rights of games do belong to uefa, and they have the right to place restrictions on the publishing of them and so forth. However, you shouldn't encounter any issues, unless you own a particularly nice camera a much larger security officer wants to take off you...

·
Registered
7,838 Posts
They said same shit about WC and i was able to enter camera without problem. Thing is that you aren't allowed to publish pictures anywhere, not even on internet forums. You are supposed to keep em for yourself. But its not like that they will care about it :) If you have normal camera without some half meter zoom they won't even look :)

·
Registered
9,105 Posts
some of my friends from ny will be there unfortunately i wont..:moan:
if anyone sees a big picture of karla de ponte with horns in her head then those would be my hrvati friends from ny..

1 - 16 of 16 Posts