Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts
K

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
what do you chelsea fans think of serbian superstar mateja kezman? im a chelsea fan for the simple reason that kezman is a member of the squad, but what do you chelski fans think? i also think that he should be played more often, he goes good with robben and drogba.

·
Registered
22,221 Posts
Who??? :rolleyes: :howler:

·
Registered
108 Posts
Problem is that the formation Mourinho use doesn't fit Kezman. But I'm sure you will find someone who likes him, his name is "Interista" ;)

·
Registered
4,432 Posts
Kezman is a great player who works hard and will come good.

I hate people who on his back.

Real fans will support him.

·
Registered
786 Posts
he is made for the english game he just needs some time to adjust and then he will explode!!! very solid player

·
Registered
3,804 Posts
Chelsea isnt the team for him... Realistically, he should have gone to Newcastle or Liverpool (obviously weaker teams)

·
Registered
535 Posts
Kezman has to leave Chelsea, i guess. otherwise he would turn to all time bench player(as he is right now), better for him to find some other club.

·
Registered
1,505 Posts
on form he is a great player. i would like him to start leaving his mark though because there is the threat of him turning into the eternal bench player. should be given a greater run in the cups to build up his confidence. has played very well in the preseason tournament and scored a few goals.

·
A true hero
31,455 Posts
If Jose moves for Defoe in the summer I can see Kezman going to Spurs as part of the deal.

I think he'd be a classy player for Spurs too.

K

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
yes kezman would do wonder ful things for the spurs, but he sould be alowed to show what he can do for chelsea aslong as he is on the team. i think he should start atleats every other game, i have the most faith in him than anyone else it seems, he's a great player, and hes one of the best, if not the best, players to come out of serbia (all respect to dragon "pixi" stojkovic).

·
Sheperdesque
21,256 Posts
Kezman is a good player, he'll stay with us until someone new comes in. I doubt Drogba or Gudjohnsen would go before Kezman however I'd prefer he stays and gets more chances.

·
Registered
580 Posts
kezman is definitely a good player, but he either needs to be starting games or leaving. He runs like van Nistelrooy, and just about everything else he does reminds me about van Nistelrooy, but the lad just needs to get the hell out of London

·
Registered
22,221 Posts
Kezman is a very talented player who just needs time,confidence and the chance to prove he can make it.until now he has'nt been able to show what he can do but in good time i surely think he will.

·
Registered
983 Posts
Schumy said:
Kezman is a very talented player who just needs time,confidence and the chance to prove he can make it.until now he has'nt been able to show what he can do but in good time i surely think he will.
I second that. He's too good a striker to fail here. Hope he'll get an extended run in the team to allow him to prove himself.

·
Registered
53 Posts
My favourate player in the squad hell need 2 more games and he wont stop scoring believe me. He showed that he is capable against Pompey.

·
Registered
25,266 Posts
The problem with him at the minute is that he is not getting minutes. The reason for this is the system that Chelsea play. During Pre Season, Mourinho played with a 4-4-2 with Gudjohnson playing in the hole behind Kezman and therefore he had plenty of through balls from Eidur while he would get the crosses from Robben and Duff. With this 4-3-3 system however, it heavily relies on a player to be able to hold the ball up and feed Duff and Robben and although Kezman might be fast, have great movement and be a great finisher he does not hold the ball up very well and he is not the type of player that will play with his back to goal but his physical build would not allow it so when I hear pundits say he can't hold the ball up, when have you ever saw michael owen hold it up?
Another factor is that when he does get time it's usually in place of Robben on one of the wings which again isn't what he's best at, he's a poacher and a goal scorer not one who will put the crosses in although he can. I don't understand why Mourinho doesn't give him a chance in the cups or even against the weaker opposition in the league. I don't think the other 2 strikers are any more dangerous or potent strikers than he is but can simply hold the ball up better. Kezman in his 4 years at PSV scored more goals than Drogba and Gudjohnsen did together and okay the EPL and La Ligue might be stronger but I doubt the defences are that much more better than in Holland.

One thing that does get me angry though are these pundits and journalists and crap who keep on saying oh he has only scored 3 goals in 20+ appearances or whatever. They should look at his minutes played, I'm sure he'd have scored more goals than both Drogba and Gudjohnson if he had played as much or at least be on par with them.

Finally Kezman9 , to say that Kezman is one of the best ever players to come out of Serbia is quite ridiculous. Ok in recent years but to place him along side the likes of Mihajlovic, Stojkovic, Jugovic, Savicevic, Mijatovic, Stankovic, Djukic, Drulovic etc. is just stupid. even players like Milosevic and Kovacevic although didnt have much luck in England possess or at least possessed more quality. I like Kezman, I like him a lot especially because of his work rate and attitude which is rare to see among our players but he falls short when it comes to technical ability and an all round game like the aforementioned have/ had.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts