Xtratime Community banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
... what the other South American countries don't have ?

The reason for Brazil and Argentina producing so many quality players that i often heared is that football is so important in those countries and due to poverty many players are playing football every day and work very hard since it's their only chance to escape from poverty.

If that's true i don't understand why other countries from South America have less "superstars" than Argentina and Brazil do since i always thought the situation was pretty much the same there and the fascination in Colombia or elsewhere for football is enormous.

In Europe the NTs of the bigger countries are, although there are differences of course, basically at a similar level (Italy, Spain, France, UK, Germany) and there are no teams who are that outstand as Argentina and Brazil are.

Is it because Argentina and Brazil have bigger leagues ? Do they have better youth systems ? Are the european scouts keen on Brazil and Argentina and neglect the other south american countries where the same amount of talent is just overlooked ? Or is there a different mentality and the importance of football is nowhere that high as in Brazil and Argentina ?

I'd like to know the secret of success of those 2 countries, so what do you think ? :)

·
Registered
2,543 Posts
its cos all the best players from them countries end up going to europe, so younger players come through easier. there are more opputnity for youth players in them leagues, and when they leave 2 europe, more youngsters get their chance. also the league are good to, and top coloboans, uraguayans play in them leagues in arg and brazil

·
Registered
6,529 Posts
I think in addition to what dammage mentioned the youth systems are very strong in both countries, players are brought up with a well established approach and tradition and this often gives them the tools to be far better well rounded than in other countries.

·
Registered
450 Posts
I think it´s a mix of population, infrastructure, and the living opportunity that football provides. Tradition plays a part, but it acts strengthening the last two components. Look at Colombia, who slowly but steadily are becoming the third force.

·
Registered
3,200 Posts
I think its genetics. The Argentines are decendants from Spain and Italy moreso than the other spanish speakers. They have the best of both worlds. Batistuta, D'Alessandro, Costanzo, Coloccini a few Italian names. COuld have thought of better but just a quick list. Italians have generally been better than SPanish.

Brazil has Portuguese and African, great mix.

That added to the poverty, love for soccer brings the greatness.

Very rushed post but thats my 2 cents.

·
Registered
3,115 Posts
EL MATADOR said:
I think its genetics. The Argentines are decendants from Spain and Italy moreso than the other spanish speakers. They have the best of both worlds. Batistuta, D'Alessandro, Costanzo, Coloccini a few Italian names. COuld have thought of better but just a quick list. Italians have generally been better than SPanish.

Brazil has Portuguese and African, great mix.

That added to the poverty, love for soccer brings the greatness.

Very rushed post but thats my 2 cents.
Im agree with u ... many chileans young players had gonw to play ins Europe and beside Salas, Zamorano and Pizarr .. can u remeber some other???

·
Second Place Winner, December 2011 Photo Contest
94,319 Posts
What do Argentina and Brazil have....
Millions.....of starvinn kids !!!!! :(

·
Second Place Winner, December 2011 Photo Contest
94,319 Posts
Juan83 said:
I think it´s a mix of population, infrastructure, and the living opportunity that football provides. Tradition plays a part, but it acts strengthening the last two components. Look at Colombia, who slowly but steadily are becoming the third force.

Colombia ????????????????? :dielaugh:

That it'll be the day !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :veiled:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts