Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Xtratime Allstar
9,820 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yeah, easy question. Let's say your own country would fail to make the second round, who would you support then?

I support Italy and Sweden ofcourse, if they both would fail i'll go for some of the South American countries. Argentina, Uruguay or Brazil. The reason is that lots of Italians imigrated there :D

·
Registered
3,335 Posts
If Portugal fails?

Here is a list of the countries I would support:

1.Spain
2.Brazil
3.Italy
4.England

·
Registered
2,665 Posts
I guess it depends for me. I am 100% La Fluria, but I think I have soft spots for Uruguay. It depends on the games really, like last WC like alot of people I wanted a Brazil-Croatia final and wanted a Croatia win. So I guess i just have to wait, but I hope I'm not in that position, although I probably will:(

P.S: I will most definetly be happy with any team winning except Italy!

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
Argentina and only Argentina, God forbbid we are out of the tournament, i guess any team that plays Brazil.

·
Registered
966 Posts
Since Spain will be the winner, I won't have that problem:D If for some odd reason this doesn't happen, I guess I will support Argentina

·
Registered
655 Posts
If ITALIA fails, I would support Argentina or France

CIAO
IASONO

·
The One and Only
1,650 Posts
IF PORTUGAL DONT GET THE JOB DONE

I WILL CHEER FOR
"this list is not who I think will win only who I hope do well"

1. SPAIN
2. BRAZIL
3. ITALIA

4. Slovenia
5. Poland / Ireland

If HOLLAND WAS IN IT THEY WOULD BE 2ND

BUT ARGENTINA and FRANCE are the TEAMS that need to be stop.
OR THEY WILL WIN THE CUP.

·
Registered
3,432 Posts
If my favourites, the French, fail, then I'll probably support Paraguay and hope they get as far as possible. Last time France eliminated them :(, it was a weird feeling when these two played each other ;).

·
Cachorro
18,741 Posts
The Worst-Case Scenario

Well, I suppose I would support Portugal, Cameroon or Nigeria - I think it would be very cool to see an African WC champion. Uruguay and Paraguay have my sympathies too.

And if the absolute worst happens and Brazil is out of the final match (knock on wood)... Among the other "big" title contenders (France, Argentina, Italy) I wouldn't be really devastated if Argentina won. So much for rivalry, huh? :D ;)

·
Registered
3,247 Posts
Re: The Worst-Case Scenario

if we cannot get this fuc.king wcup, i dont want any other to do it, but i do know who i dont want to see as champs, and those are,

1) brazil (pento is too much. and not deserved)
2) england (they will think they are almost gods:rolleyes:, and they will have 2 wc like us )
3) france (they will think they are gods, and they will have 2 wc like us)

·
Registered
9,325 Posts
I am supporting Argentina in this WC (like I have done in all the other WCs during my life) and I dont see anyone else winning the WC other than Argentina this year.....However, if Argentina does get kicked out for some reason, I will support England!!!

·
Registered
85 Posts
If Cameroon and Nigeria dont go far enough, I will support and always support.....Portugal, Paraguay, Turkey, Italy...and yes Rep. of Ireland...I love their fighting spirit.

·
Registered
4,193 Posts
First in hand comes Sweden since I live here.
Then comes Poland where my mother is from, OLI GOOOOL :scream:
And if I wont root for Italy NN will kill me :scared:

:rolleyes:

·
Registered
4,469 Posts
If Spain get knocked out and I have to cheer for another team. It will be Portugal and then followed by Argentina. After that any team as long as it's not Brazil!

·
Registered
547 Posts
Good post.

If Ireland go out then I will support these teams:

England (Don't know why really - I like a lot of their players and used to live there)
Portugal (Very entertaining team)
Belgium (My girlfriend's mate who is great craic is a lawyer in Brussels - so I will cheer for Belgium for her benefit)

·
Canonized
37,734 Posts
If Brazil is out i will want England to win as i lived in Britain.

If not here goes the list:

1. England
2. Portugal.
3. Anyone that knocks Argentina out with the exception of France!

1 - 20 of 54 Posts