Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
2,200 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering what colour away kits we had when we won the league and if there is some link.

1971: Yellow
1989: Yellow
1991: Yellow
1997: Yellow
2002: Gold
2004: Yellow

I do not know what colour we wore when we won the league in the 1930's and 1950's. Anyone??

True people could argue and say there have been seasons when we wore yellow away and won nothing. Add to that the fact that in 2003 and 2005 we have worn blue away kits and after dominating the league in the initial part of the season we have been blown away.

The point to my post? I think my superstitions are catching up with me. :thmbup: :thmbup: :thmbup: :thmbup: :thmbup:

·
Registered
3,051 Posts
Ah, the good old unlucky blue kit theories. I've never believed the superstitions, it's all just coincidence. :D

·
Registered
2,200 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I agree with you San Jose... As you can see I have clearly said I am losing the plot... with Arsenal playing like an Arsenal I have not seen, college work piling up and a messy personal life... this is what happens! HAHA

·
Registered
8,947 Posts
One of the best performance we have in blue kits against strong opponent is AS Roma CL game. But when I checked it again, I was surprised to see that the jersey is blue, but the pants is white (the one we use for our home kit) !

Yellow kit rulez, though I like blue color myself.

·
Registered
2,200 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i remember that one...

·
Registered
6,926 Posts
:thumbsup: For the yellow! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
293 Posts
yES THE YELLOW ONE LOOK GOOD. i LIKE BLUE ONE TOO BUT BLUE DUN SEEMS TO BRING A LOT OF LUCK

·
Registered
865 Posts
Personally I always favored blue away kit. It's more attractive, and looks cooler.
But the truth is, I don't care much about away colors... as long as we have our white/red home kit. Since next year we will have maroon home jerseys, why not try something new for away matches too.....

·
Registered
2,200 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
the reason i asked was coz i was not sure if the concept of away kits existed in those days!

·
Xtratime's Head of Humour 2007
63,337 Posts
what kits we will be wearing away next season, does anyone know ?

i agree with you gunner4ever, these blue kits are a bloofy curse, i'll be glad to get rid of evil things :fero:

·
DAGOODS = RATINGS
22,495 Posts
Pink!

·
Registered
25,902 Posts
gunner4ever said:
the reason i asked was coz i was not sure if the concept of away kits existed in those days!
I was rolling my eyes 'cos once again we won in yellow and not some poxey blue kit.

·
Banned
49 Posts
Jern Lizardhous said:
what kits we will be wearing away next season, does anyone know ?

i agree with you gunner4ever, these blue kits are a bloofy curse, i'll be glad to get rid of evil things :fero:
Maroon, it's the comemerative Highbury Kit.

·
63,337 Posts
Venom said:
Maroon, it's the comemerative Highbury Kit.
I meant the away Jerseys, but that throws up another point, have we ever won ANYTHING at all in a Maroon Jersey ? :eekani:

·
Registered
25,902 Posts
Jern Lizardhous said:
I meant the away Jerseys, but that throws up another point, have we ever won ANYTHING at all in a Maroon Jersey ? :eekani:
Nope, didn't win squat till we changed to red with white sleaves :thumbsup:

·
63,337 Posts
khimik said:
Nope, didn't win squat till we changed to red with white sleaves :thumbsup:
:depress: :depress: :depress:

at least we got our excuses already. :shades:

1 - 20 of 23 Posts