Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Rei Brasileiro
8,569 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is it Madrid, Barca São Paulo, Flamengo, Boca Juniors, Milan?!?!

I know this can be the biggest and most Bias discussion of all, but if you list the legends that have played for your club, which one has had the most?

·
Registered
11,267 Posts
just a quick recall of squads would suggest Milan.

but some teams, like barca, had ronaldo and romario for a very short time, yet those players are legends. so how does one make the call.

·
Registered
2,518 Posts
Recent Inter legends - Ronaldo, Roberto Carlos, Batistuta, Roberto Baggio, Luis Figo, Zanetti, Crespo, Vieri, Cannavaro, Pirlo, Davids, Materazzi

·
Banned
23,575 Posts
Kashiwa Reysol

Careca, Stoichkov, Muller

Kashima Antlers

Zico, Leonardo, Bebeto, Jorginho

Cosmos

Carlos Alberto Torres, Beckenbauer, Pele

·
Administrator
52,981 Posts
Not that the Golden Ball winners is the epithomy of legends, but Juve having most winners of that award (together with Milan?) says a thing or two of the legends that we have been blessed to have, pics galore:

Lastly, first ever Juve team photo :proud: :howler:

·
Rei Brasileiro
8,569 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
In their prime, that is a strong case for Juve, not in their prime, the Cosmos definately look like winning :D

Barca did have Cruyff, Maradona, Romario, Figo, Ronaldo
Madrid did have Puskas, DiStefino, Zidane, R Carlos, Ronaldo
Milan had Van Basten, Maldini, Ronaldinho, Ronaldo, (I see a trend here...;) )

What else am I missing here?

·
Registered
7,488 Posts
Barcelona.

·
Registered
28,738 Posts
For me its Barcelona simply because they had two of the three greatest players of all time play at there club, whilst also having some other top candidates such as Ronaldo (at his greatest), Romario, Ronaldinho, Rivaldo, Laudrup, Stoichkov and others.

·
Administrator
52,981 Posts
But the thing is, most of those players are legendary players, but not club legends for Barca. They just happend to pass through Barca briefly in their career. I mean, Maradona did shit in Barca and would have been forgotten if he didnt became a legend for Napoli and Argentina. To have to be a true club legend for a club, you oughta have contributed to their success and been there for a while atleast.

For example, Ronaldo was there one season, but he was atleast sick as heck in that one season (though joke to say he is a legend for Barca, let Milan, neither is Ronaldinho for the latter club...). Laudrup was also a passenger in Barca (same in Juve, thats why I didnt mention him. I added Schilacchi for fun in Juve because he won the Golden Ball, but he is the only one up there I wouldnt call club legend, I was fussy and left out Cannavaro, Thuram, Zambro etc). Many players were like that, it would be silly just to name drop for the sake of it.

Stoichkov, Rivaldo, Ronaldinho, Figo, Cruijff (though more as a coach perhaps) etc. Those are players who contributed to the success of Barca, even if they wouldnt be considered Club legends perhaps (Figo...). But the likes of Maradona, Ronaldo, Laudrup, Hagi, Prosinecki and so on. Just really passengers in the clubs history (even if an extremely rememorable one in Ronaldos case). Takes more then one season, or just happening to play there in your long career, to be considered a club legend IMO.

Atleast thats my take on club legend, someone who contributes to your clubs success and plays for your club for at the least a couple of good seasons. Otherwise one would just mention players who flopped there as club legends, just because in overall, they were legendary players (typical example, Kurt Hamrin is 40-60s calcio legend. Is he also a club legend for Juve, Milan etc...when he just played there in his twillight? And not just for Viola, which all his amazing career was for exclusively).

P.S Using Barca as an example ofcourse, same applies for every club. Barca are just the perfect example because they have had insane amount of great players in quantity, with varying results or for a brief period of time, to say the least.

·
Administrator
52,981 Posts
Um, I showed 4 defenders, 2 DMs and 3 goalies :pp

But for the defenders short list, wait til the Milanisti come around ;)

·
Honourable Mention, October 2011 Photo Contest
18,041 Posts
For the little boys playing today..look at Sivori's socks....is like yelling, "veni pegame maricon que te tiro 5 caños"

pata pibes cancheritos, botines fulvencito

Attachments

·
Administrator
52,981 Posts
Recent Inter legends - Ronaldo, Roberto Carlos, Batistuta, Roberto Baggio, Luis Figo, Zanetti, Crespo, Vieri, Cannavaro, Pirlo, Davids, Materazzi
You are jesting right? :D You gotta be :howler:

Even if you are jesting, have to clarify that only Zanetti, and Vieri for scoring that much for you, are club legends in that list.

Materazzi is a weak case :pp But one who is more legit then all the others.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts