Xtratime Community banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
36,402 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Suker has no place the way he played today, I know service was everything, but he couldn't do anything with what he had.

I would put in a young striker to partner Boksic, who has to come out of that shell of his, and play physical, not like a pansy.

I would have the 4 at the back, in defensive mid I would put Vranjes(more creative than half our midfielders) and Rapaic must start.

--------------------Pleta----------------------
Simic---------Soldo----Simunic-------Jarni-------

--------------------Vranjes---------------------
-N. Kovac-------Prosinecki-----------Rapaic------

-(Vlaovic/Balaban/Olic)-------Boksic---------

Even with our best, our chances are small with the Italians I saw today.

·
Registered
22,641 Posts
I don't know

Basicaly, if we want any hope to advance we have to win.

Suker definitely must go, but possibly come i late as a sub.

Rapaic must start. Boksic must take off his panties and use of physical strength. He played against MExicans that were 4 or 5 inches shorter than him and at least 30 pounds lighter. He looked like a friggin' school girl out there.!!!!! I wanted to grab him by the ear and slap him awake!!!

Boksic-Take off your skirt you ****** and play tough!!! What the hell were you doing out there?!?!!?!?!!!?!?

I think we might need Stanic out there for his physical qualities vs Italy. Let's face it, we will need to play physical against Italy if we want any chances.

I would leave Robert Kovac out there and not put in Simic. We will need Simunic out there to win the aerial battles. Simic will get man handled by the likes of Vieri...at least Simunic will put up a physical presence. And Kovac is a warrior so we need him out there too.

I also don't know about Prosinecki. Do we risk having to sub him again if he is a waste of space out there again in a must win game?

P.S. Guys, sorry for all the negatives about our Vatreni, but right now I could SCREAM!! That's how DISGUSTED I was about last night's game.

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
Suker out and Vlaovic in for the reasons i gave ina previous post.

Zivkovic out (suspended) so bring in Simic.

Jarni out as he cant run, loses possession too often. His replacement should be Seric. Seric played extremely well in Serie A this season and will give Zambrotta a tough match. Jarni has hardly played this season, and was a ghost today. sorry i hate dissing our players but it's true. rapaic cant cross so there is no point in having him in there...he may have done well, but how many crosses did he put in that brought down rain?

Tomas out coz he cant control or pass a ball. I still dont understand how he is in the team. His replacement should be Stanic. Stanic go on the right side that he's owned since coming into the NT.....Niko Kovac to move in the centre of defense.

Soldo out as this guy is past his used by date (unless he is put in a three man defense). Coming in should be Davor Vugrinec. Another player whohas played well in Italy...he is skillful and a good passer/creator.

-------------------------pletikosa--------------------------
-----------Simic--------Simunic--------R.Kovac----------
----Stanic-----------------------------------------Seric----
--------------N.Kovac---Prosinecki---Vugrinec---------
-------------------Vlaovic-----Boksic----------------------

I heard that if teams are level on points, head to head will decide who goes thru..that means a draw against Italy will be useless if Mexico come out and draw against Ecuador. We have to go for a win....but Jozic won't be thinking this.

·
Registered
235 Posts
-------------------------Pletikosa--------------------------

-----------Simic--------R. Kovac--------Simunic----------

--Tomas(Vranjes)----N. Kovac----------------Jarni (Seric)---

-------------Stanic------Vugrinec--------Rapajic----------

------------------------Boksic (Olic)----------------------

The vatreni clearly need to control the midfield and adopt a creative offensive strategy, hence a 3-6-1. With Stanic, Vuga and Rapa leading the attack and feeding balls to Boka. Subs in parentheses.

·
Registered
983 Posts
Pesonally im not to worried about who plays.. the thing that worries me is the damn formation this clown Jozic is gonna play.

Knowing him he will probably go more defensive cause we conceeded a goal.. thank god this fool is leaving the post after the WC.. he should hold his head in shame after todays debacle.

I know im being critical but i dont see things changing much.. we just dont have the talent in midfield and the majority that are there r defensive.

It also doesnt help having to play Italy in the next game either.

Jebiga.. what happens happens :(

·
Registered
508 Posts
Correction.... we have NO midfield. From what i witnessed at the mex game as i saw was a huge holeeee. Absolutely no transition from defense to the strikeforce.

·
Registered
325 Posts
What changes would i make?

Hmmm...Let's see....give all the Saudi players Croatian citizenships, and see if they could perform better......:rolleyes: :depress: :( :mad: :tongue: :D

·
Registered
10,611 Posts
ahhhhh the morning after:depress: :(

oh well this is a good thread because i think it will let us express our displeasure at Jozic's boring/unimaginative defensive system and let us vent out own ideas! here goes mine no matter how stupid it sounds:cool:

first things first we can still beat Italy! :eek: yeah thats right we can but our chances aren't very good at all with this current tactical set up.

credit should though go to the defense who really actually did play very well against Mexico only one bad move by Zivkovic and that was the game but otherwise Mexico just had that 1 good scoring chance the whole game the one right before the end of the first half! so good job By R.Kovac, Jarni, Simunic and Zivkovic (up until that stupid tackle) Mexico was really shut down even though they were totaly free to roam and control the ball through the midfield!

my starting 11 would be

-Pletikosa
-R.Kovac -Simunic - Simic
-Soldo/Tomas(both were solid) - N.Kovac(played a good game)
-Stanic -Prosinecki - Jarni
-Boksic -Balaban/Vlaovic

basicaly a 3-5-2 we need more creativity from the midfield and poor Prosinecki had no to play with in the Mexico game with Jarni and Stanic running on the sides i think his creative touch would have more purpose who was he gonna pass it to against Mexico? Soldo and Tomas? come on i like them but u cant have too many "rudari" out there! i know its tough to be in Jozics shoes right now and its easy for us to just throw ideas off the top of our heads but that team we saw last night was not the way a Croatian soccer team EVER should represent itself and the country at a world cup! Brasilians of Europe? NOT ANYMORE but we can still do an honourable job

AJMO VATRENI

·
Registered
10,611 Posts
OH p.s. Suker should not start next game but he is allowed to come on as a second half replacement for Boksic and Rapaic can and will if need replace Robi if he doesnt get the job done in the center of the midfield :cool:

·
International
8,545 Posts
Nothing will change, Jozic only believes in defence and will prolly line up the same.

He'll prolly put Saric in Zivkovic's place, Simic even if healthy for the first game looked to be on the bench at the expense of Simunic so that'll stay the same.

He might start Rapaic from the beginning and change one striker but he'll still pack the midfield with 3 defensive midfielders.

·
Registered
13,202 Posts
Well fresh off the croatia mexico game i have a few thoughs on my mind

1. why is suker playing, he had 3 touches and one was a header, he cant run, he lost the ball every time he got it too feet, he cant run at defenders, he cant dribble in tight spaces, he is useless

2. boksic, i heard so much bout him and his talents, and what i saw today was a b-rated striker that should bot even be on the nt. he was offside like 7 times. he had no touches or shots. completly anyonymus

3. PROSINECKI, this man was myt one hope for this team with tudor out and what does he do......PLAY A TOTAL ****ING STINKER! he was up agianst a weak midfield that in thoery should of been his whipping ground instead he to failed to produce anyhting.

when rapajic came on croatia immediatly was livened up but he team was still stagnant as ****...no creativy to vision, in other words we played like BRITS :eek: :depress:

croatia has little hope to make it any farther unless the coach drops these heros of yesteryear, and lets some hunger take over....living in the past never helped anyone.

Btw still cant belive mexico tottaly outplayed us.....shameful display.

I dont see why we are dissing on simic he is one of the baest man markers out there

in the derbys he takes sheva right out of the game, last 2 derbys
he cant stop bobo

out
prosi
the *****
suker
jarni
soldo

in
seric
vranjes
rapaic
vugrinec
balaban/vlaovic

basically any attacker that is willing to run for a ball and can get by a defender

this croatia team is patheitc jozic should be shot.

Never been more ashamed of being a croat

this mexican team was ****e, it was one man BLANCO who managed to beat the whole croatia team

PATHETIC

Lav

·
Registered
11,166 Posts
Well..if that doesn't work, I would bring in out Under-17 team...at least they'd try.....

I also think that Jozic should abandon this defensive oreiented system...that is not our style...we have to attack and try to make things happen rather than wait for things to happen. God Firbid one of our guys actually ran to some open space....I mean they were just standing around there like statues. There is absolutly nothing else I can say about that performance last night....blame starts at the coach and works its way down to all the players. They were not prepared....

·
Keyboard Hero
8,368 Posts
Pletikosa
Simic,Simunic,R. Kovac, Jarni
Stanic Prosinecki, N. Kovac (or Vranjes or Tomas), Rapaic
Boksic, Vugrinec

I don't understand why everyone's so high on N. Kovac-to me he played like crap.

Now they have motivation to reclaim some honour.

Might be too little too late.

:confused: :confused: :confused:

I didn't like them wearing those shorts either, bad omen.

Complete shock, utter failure, Simunic got caught chasing the ball on the back heel and Zivkovic should not have gone in so hard he had a small angle.

Congrats to Mexico, at least you have players who bother showing up to play.

·
Registered
2,690 Posts
Ok, I took a little bit off from posting... game was just freakin awful... here is my team:

Pletikosa
Simic,Simunic,R. Kovac, Jarni (Seric)
Stanic, Soldo, N. Kovac, Rapaic
Boksic (or Vlaovic or Olic), Vugrinec

Seeing how our players who didnt play a lot in past 2-3 months performed, I would not put anyone in the team that didnt play few games in past few months... subs: Olic, Vlaovic, Tomas, Saric

I would not play: Suker (troublemaker), Robi (who?), Balaban (didnt play enough), Vranjes (didnt play enough)

Worst players of game vs Mexico:

-Robert Prosinecki - he didnt touch ball, when he did, he lost within second, worst performance I ever saw for Cro NT
-Suker -totally lost
-Boskic -did he play? I think I saw him once or twice, I was going to ask if anyone else saw him on the pitch, maybe he got lost somewhere and no1 noticed?
-Jozic & All of us - we all thought that Suker, Boskic, Jarni & Prosinecki can still play football... well Mexicans proved us wrong, they all sucked azz

However, no natter what happens, I will always be proud to be Croat, I will always cheer out of top of my lungs while every freakin game is on, even if we have no chance and I will always believe we can beat ANYONE with ANY team, just cuz we can.

Bog i Hrvati.

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
the first thing i'd change is allow the players to have sex!!!

Dont be soo harsh on Prosi. He said that he didnt want to be subbed, so obviously he felt that he still could do something in the second half. Why Jozic replaced him first i wont understand. Suker and Boksic, although didnt see much of the ball, should have dropped back to help and get the ball. They stood up there just waiting for the ball with hands on hips. fuj. It was the first time in this tournament that i have seen two forwards not dropping back and helping. With Prosi, he may not play well at times, but we all know that all it takes is 1 pass and the match is settled. People here want him on the plane home, but who gave the pinpoint pass to Balaban against Belgium that ultimately got the NT to the WC? thankyou. Against Italy Prosi will come good.

Jarni and Suker should both stand down from the team and settle for a place on the bench. They will be better utilised as impact players. But i cant see these guys doing this. Also, Jozic hasnt got the balls to drop them.

I think the only changes Jozic will make is to bring in a midfielder possibly Stanic for Zivkovic, and drop Tomas and bring in Vugrinec.

·
©
7,230 Posts
Which is why Suker and Boka cannot play together against Italy. Someone like Vlaovic/Olic/Balaban should be put in who can chase and come back into midfield which we will need. Plus, I presume we will play a counter attacking game, so we need someone fast up front. You can't counter attack teams that are twice as fast as you.

Some of these line ups look ok. I think Tomas will be dropped and Niko Kovac will go into the middle to make way for Rapajic/Stanic??

I don't like Simic in that right back role in place of Zivkovic in the current formation. If he plays he should be given a man to man job which he is great at. I still prefer the 3-5-2 but I don't think it will happen. Plus looking at Italy last night they basically played with Vieri up front and others supporting from midfield just behind him. But they may go to 3-5-2 against us.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts