Xtratime Community banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,478 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I think what canada truly needs is a whole new reform in soccer.

The last few years, canada has been very much in the losing side and as a Canadian, living in Toronto, i haven't seen much soccer action in my city.

I feel that in order to gain some publicity or world renounance, Canada SHOULD HOST A WORLD CUP soccer tournament.

And this time, im not talking about any womens U-17 game..im talking about the real thing.
Once we do that, there would proably be mney coming in from FIFA and all, to support it, and thus, will give us our OWN leauge and not a joint american/canadian leauge! :)

And i can see Toronto and the GTA having atleast 4-7 teams if not more!! :)

We got the potentials, you knw!

·
Registered
4,897 Posts
Alright lets do it. Group A can play in my backyard.

No serioulsy, we have had this conversation before, and came to relize that it is almost in possible. We have no stadium and the world cup would have to go back to the states before it came here.

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
While there is no doubt that hosting a WC would bring in some much needed $$$$, like the old cliché says, takes money to make money. We'd have to invest some major dough for a while without seeing returns. That, no one in this country is prepared to do.

·
Registered
4,742 Posts
Kappa18 said:
...there would proably be money coming in from FIFA and all...
Sounds great, but I don't think it works like that. I think the money flows the other way...

·
Registered
4,119 Posts
I would be great to have a WC in Canada, but as you guys mention it would be almost impossible. The only way I can see it is if the US allows Canada to be a co-host. Other than that forget about it.

·
Registered
4,897 Posts
Actually the thought of hosting a WC is not that far out, but not logical. First of all a WC is much like the olympics it will bring debt not profit.

Seph Blatter was in Canada earlier this year and said he would like to see Canada host a World Cup, but first it had to make the neccessary adjustments.

Lets start out with building a proffesional league, the talent is here from all over the world so lets use it. I will be a proud fan of the CUSL, and will give all I can to see it succeed.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts