Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
10,421 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For those who missed it, this guy yesterday got sent off after a deliberate flying tackle on the knees of Bremen's Valdez and when leaving the pitch he spat a Bremen player right in the face. :yuck:

Now an extremely harsh foul usually results in a ban for a game or 2 and spitting is the lowest in football, so I'd say 2 games for the foul and 4 for the spitting.

Your thoughts?

·
Registered
2,096 Posts
Totally agree. What he did was something really BAD; I don’t know why he did it! The game was over and he is a pro player and also international who have a god experience!! That’s so UGLY!

·
Registered
9,405 Posts
i think he should be banned for 3 or 4 european games at least!!
and borowski should also be banned for showing the finger to the valencia fans!! :rollani:
disgrace!! :wallbang:

·
Registered
8,350 Posts
Here in Sweden we had a similar case this season. Kalmar FF player Dede Anderson first kicked a player, then headbutted another, finally spitting towards the AIK coach, who by the way called him puta or something. He was given a 6 match ban.

The case was actually blown out of propotion. Although what Dede did was unacceptable, he were provoced very much during the match. The incident accured after Dede got a sligh bump to his leg and fell, and the AIK player got furious with him and started screaming at him. Then Dede got up and, not kicked him actually, but more trying the make him fall to the ground.

Second thing was another AIK player running towards Dede and then Dede lowered his head and the guy kind of ran into him. You would've though the AIK player was shot in the head the way he fell.

And finally after Dede got the red card he was walking out of the pitch, and the AIK bench were screaming stuff at him, the coach screaming puta or something. Dede then spat towards them, but it didn't hit anyone.

·
Senior Poster of the year 2007
40,147 Posts
A big one for sure... a big one for the tackle and another big one for spiting on a rival.

Next question, if you don't mind: What ban for Ismael? What ban for Borowski?

Ismael's attitude after a goal was pathetic. He "invited" the Valencia players to leave pitch after the first goal and he made a 0-1 gesture to Vicente twice (that's why he was so mad).

Borowski, right after the second goal, showed "the finger" to the Valencia fans and this is much worse than what Ismael did. Borowski should also have a big punishment. 2 or 3 matches.

Also Ranieri should have a big ban for what he said after the match: "Now I understand what happened in Roma when they broke the head of the referee. I won't justify the agression, but this ref makes fans and players feel nervous".

Horrible. In any case, everything started with the stupid provokation of the Werder players celebrating the first goal. It wasn't necessary, especially when you play a match away. I am not saying that they should be punished for this, but I do really think that they should have respected a defeated rival in their own stadium.

Angulo and Ranieri must learn to lose with dignity, but Valdez, Borowski and Ismael must learn to win with dignity, which is equally important.

·
40,147 Posts
If I talk about Angulo, I think that he'll get 2 or 3 matches for the tackle and 3 for spitting (that's what they usually do, isn't it?). Maybe the Italians recall how many matches got Totti in the last Euro... I can't recall.

·
Registered
9,405 Posts
Koeman4 said:
If I talk about Angulo, I think that he'll get 2 or 3 matches for the tackle and 3 for spitting (that's what they usually do, isn't it?). Maybe the Italians recall how many matches got Totti in the last Euro... I can't recall.
totti was banned 3 games for spitting at his opponent!

·
40,147 Posts
In any case, the Valencia players were already "hot", recall that Vicente was injured in Bremen after a violent tackle.

·
Registered
25,267 Posts
In the same competition, at the same stage last year Sinisa Mihajlovic was banned for 8 European games for spitting at Mutu. I believe if they banned him for that long, they should ban Angulo for as long. Don't forget he was red carded as well.

·
Registered
522 Posts
Angulo's red card means that he will serve an automatic ban, but he should get an additional 3 match ban for the spitting... Since the tackle was pretty dangerous, and intentional, i'd say all-in-all, a 5 match ban for him would be justified.... The behaviour of the werder bremen players, who did so much to piss off the valencia players AND fans were bad, but that does not warrant valencia's harsh reaction..

Klose would go to the floor everytime someone touched him... and he would stay on the floor for some time too... The Bremen players wasted a lot of time, but then again, most clubsides would do the same. And the valencia players got really frustrated towards the end (plus quite a few linesman decisions went against them, adding to their frustration). Then when Bremen scored, their celebration (though i saw nothing offensive about it) pissed off the valencia fans, and things really got to boil... In fact, i was surprised only ONE player got sent off...

The last time these 2 teams met, a valencia player got sent off for 2 yellow cards, with one of those cards given coz the referee got "conned" by some good play-acting by the werder bremen players.. bremen players DO know how to con refs, but i feel that's also a trait common in many other teams.

But my real contention about the match is the referee FRISK... He's supposedly one of the top referees in the world, but i get annoyed with how he handles many of the big matches... He doesn't know how to REALLY "communicate" to the players, nor how to calm things down when things look likely to boil. People (fans and players alike) get pissed off and frustrated in such encounters, and Frisk, as the "man in charge" is not helping things on the field. Ranieri, after the game, shouldn't have said those things, but since he said it, i can't help but agree with him.

·
Registered
11,477 Posts
Why is people saying that spitting is worse than a tackle intent of injuring? If I had to choose between being spitted on and having my leg broken I easily would take a bucketload of spit over the broken leg.

·
Registered
70,341 Posts
Dusan_UK said:
In the same competition, at the same stage last year Sinisa Mihajlovic was banned for 8 European games for spitting at Mutu. I believe if they banned him for that long, they should ban Angulo for as long. Don't forget he was red carded as well.
Yes. Angulo is one of my favourite players in Valencia but he deserves a serious ban. He did a big mistake.

·
Registered
12,959 Posts
Dusan_UK said:
I remember. Yesterday it looked even more ugly and i think Angulo should get the same! :yuck:

·
Registered
3,575 Posts
Koeman4 said:
Bart Goor got suspended for 5 (!!) interlands after he spit in the direction (he didn't even hit him or had the intention to do so) of a player who was like 5 metres away from him during Spain-Belgium.

Surely 3 games wont be good enough.

·
Banned
13,144 Posts
If Roma has/had to play without public a few matches, then Valencia should get the same ban, did you see all the cans and bottles that were thrown at the Werder players? Werder is my favourite German team because they have classy players like Klose, Charisteas and Klasnic.

·
Registered
38,252 Posts
Bremen are ass****. They deliberately injured Vicente in the first meeting between the sides in Germany and Valencia's season has never been the same since. Last night, a couple of the players made gestures to the crowd and had the blood of the Valencia players boiling. Sure Angulo behaved in a disgraceful way, but there is no fire without smoke.

Angulo should get an automatic 4-match Euro suspension (2 for violent conduct, 2 for improper conduct and serious foul play towards a fellow professional)

Ismael- One game ban for inciting violence.

Borowski- One game ban for failing to conduct himself in a professional manner during the celebration of a team goal.

That would make two key players like Ismael and Borowski unavailable for the knock-out round first leg against a potential giant- like Chelsea, Man Utd, Juventus, Inter, Milan and Arsenal- all but ending any hopes Bremen had of progressing.

It's a shame they are even through actually, because hadn't Valencia suffered from all those injury problems all season long they would have made a big imapct in the CL.

·
Registered
12,237 Posts
Koeman4 said:
Also Ranieri should have a big ban for what he said after the match: "Now I understand what happened in Roma when they broke the head of the referee. I won't justify the agression, but this ref makes fans and players feel nervous".
Why? The man is a true gentleman in a environment of vultures and slobs, and when he for once reserves a negative comment for someone, I only see it as refreshing.

·
Registered
14,901 Posts
His behave was a scandal - the faul on Valdez and that, what he has done after it ... Not less then 3 matches disqualification.

Today's Maccabi - Juventus. I hope my favorites will draw or perhaps win 1-0.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts