Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
10,421 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As a follow up on the rappers you dislike thread, here is the thread to discuss who you like and why. :) My list will follow, but I don't have too much time right now. :eek:

·
Registered
6,804 Posts
Prince-O said:
As a follow up on the rappers you dislike thread, here is the thread to discuss who you like and why. :) My list will follow, but I don't have too much time right now. :eek:
...I like LL Cool J, Will Smith, mostly the "lighter, chillin" type of Rap as opposed to the gangsta rap....
I also like Lil John and the Ying Yang twins and Ludacris....Their southern-style rap (mostly about scoring with the women) always gets any party started !!!!

·
Fine Gentlemen
15,599 Posts
Talik Kweli...Common...Mof Def...rappers I listen to most nowadays. Blackstar by Talib and Mos is my recommendation for anyone. :)

And the usual Big L...Big Pun...Tupac...Biggie...etc...etc...etc

·
Registered
4,674 Posts
Allright:)

I like Eminem, Rakim, Lost Boys, 2Pac, Ludacris, Talib Kweli, Canibus and Nas. I do listen to other rappers but those are the one I listen most to.

·
Defunct
23,341 Posts
Right now I'm into a shoutcast channel I found with the new Winamp 5 media library. It's a Canadian hip hop station, decent.

http://66.11.168.15:8000

Otherwise I tend to agree with Marius, I've always listened to Will Smith, enjoyed 2 Pac but I don't see much that I like right now, I think Eminem has improved a lot but I haven't heard anything great that's new for years.

·
Registered
4,674 Posts
GaGa said:
Talik Kweli...Common...Mof Def...rappers I listen to most nowadays. Blackstar by Talib and Mos is my recommendation for anyone. :)

Talib is truly brilliant. Valdrin sent me some of his songs long time ago and I have listened to him since then. A trully brilliant writer!

For Women is one of the greatest song I've ever heard!:)

·
HEY, WHA' HAPPENED?
24,083 Posts
Will Smith?:howler: Still, Fresh Prince song remains the best hip hop song ever, behind Ice Ice Baby!

Vanilla Ice Is Better Than You!

·
Registered
2,278 Posts
I don't really like rap as much as I used to. I'd listen to Eminem, Snoop's old stuff, anything Dre did incl. NWA, some Ice cube stuff and 2Pac and Biggie. I have all Warren G's albums(I must have been goin through a phase), but they aint great.

I only like to listen to rap in a car when I'm travelling.

I don't think they're are any other rappers that would make me buy their stuff. I've heard a few "credible" rappers but I prefer other music other than rap these days,.

·
Registered
7,513 Posts
In order:

Emimem (D12)
Tupac
Ludacris
Obie
Dr. Dre
Redman

·
Fine Gentlemen
15,599 Posts
numerodix said:
You Parma people are so hardcore.. ;)
Yeah hardcore fan of what we like...you have to be really hardcore to be a Juve supporter though how do you cope...?

:(

·
HEY, WHA' HAPPENED?
24,083 Posts
numerodix said:
You Parma people are so hardcore.. ;)
When it comes to rap then yeah:tongue:

But I think you'll find that the Parma fan that listens to metal is as obsessive as he is a Parma fan;)

·
Registered
7,770 Posts
Eminem - He has to bring out a new album though, I never listen to any of his stuff anymore.

Xzibit - I haven't heard enough oh him though, I don't even have a full album of him. There are a few songs I like: Paperazzi :star:, Say My Name, Lose Your Mind.... There are probably more :)

Ludacris - He's a newcomer in my list. His tracks on the soundtrack of 2F2F are great and I like his parts in recent cooperations with Usher, Chingy, Snoop...

Tupac - I like some of his work, but certainly not all :)

Busta Rhymes - I liked Genesis, but his latest album couldn't really grab me...

Outkast - Speakerboxx is cool, The Love Below isn't :eek: Of the two singles released, I like Hey Ya better though.

Dre - I still like Chronic 2000 :cool: He might not be the best rapper around but this album is just tha bomb.

Jay-Z - I always disliked him but I like the Black Album :)

Nas - Just a few songs: Dance, Hate Me Now, Warrior Song, One Mic. I should download God's Son one time, I think I'll like it :cool:

50 Cent - Some of his stuff :) I can still enjoy Get Rich or Die Tryin'

Well that was about it :)

·
Registered
4,665 Posts
I like too many to mention them all. But here's a selection; 2Pac, Biggie, Jay-Z, Mase, DMX, Cuban Link, Cam'ron, Dre, Outcast, Warren G, Chingy, Kayne West, Khadafi, Bubba Sparxxx, Snoop, Ludacris etc.

·
Registered
10,421 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
GaGa said:

Nist list you got there GaGa. :cool: Seeing your list, I wonder, what do you think about The Roots, because they basically belong in that list as well. :)

·
Registered
10,421 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
cam said:
Will Smith?:howler: Still, Fresh Prince song remains the best hip hop song ever, behind Ice Ice Baby!
Well cam, you must not get confused between the Fresh Prince that made songs like Miami and Will2K, because that's Will Smith. The 'old' Fresh Prince, together with DJ Jazzy Jeff, made pretty decent Hip-Hop. The tune of the Fresh Prince of Bel Air, Summertime and Girls ain't nothing but trouble are great tunes, espceially for the summer. :cool:

·
Registered
10,421 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
My List:

Wu-Tang Clan: Absolute number 1. I am currently busy collecting all the solo albums (original, not downloaded) because they are by far the best thing the Hip-Hop industry has brought. Especially Wu-Tang forever is a definite masterpiece.

Ghostface Killa - My favourite Wu rapper. His voice, his flow, his lyrics, he is the man for me.

Ludacris - I started listening to him quite a while ago, and in contrary to Kluivert, I don't really like his co-operations, but ok. Word of Mouf is a great album and one of my favourite rap-albums still.

The Lost Boyz - Mr. Cheeks is a very talented rapper, plus I like their beats a lot.

Bone Thugs - Great rap to listen to on your headphones when you are in a real hip-hop mood.

Onyx - same story

E-40 - Really cool rapper from the Bay Area. Pretty unknown over here, but in the States it is different. He has an incredible flow plus his own slang.

Other mentions: Royce da 5'9, Jay-Z (sometimes), Twista, Westside Connection, BEATNUTS ( :cool: ) and a lot of Dutch and French Rap.

I really need to get me some Talib Kweli because I hear so much positive about him from you guys. I have listened to him before because my girlfriend is a fan, but I have never thought of getting my own album.

·
Registered
6,403 Posts
numerodix said:
Hip Hoppers, what do you consider the most important thing in a rap song?
The beat, the turntabling, the instrumentation. I don't listen to hip-hop for the rap, or the lyrics. If it were for that then rap is long dead.

The diff between a rapstar and a rockstar is that a rapstar isn't afraid to sell out. I know this is a generalisation but it's true in most cases - hip-hop artists willingly embrace the spirit of entreupeneurship and if you looka round you'll see that there are more than a hundred hip-hop millionaires in the industry. It's also why the genre is sucking.

1 - 20 of 52 Posts