Xtratime Community banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Third Place Winner, December 2011 Photo Contest
10,841 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bingeing is what apparently anyone is doing and it has changed the discussion about TV, instead of a week by week conversation and what will happen next, it's become about what you are watching currently and what you will watch next. So what series/mini-series are you watching now, how far into it are you or are you done and is it really worth the time or are you jumping ship to something else.

I'll start,

Succession (HBO)
It's the take on the filthy rich family that has been done a dozen times, but it's done right this time. Good actors, smart writing and really nice pace. Sort of a take on the Murdochs/similar media mogul types. It's funny, cunning and well acted. I am about to finish the second season and it has been renewed for third season. Would definitely tune in for that.

·
Super Moderator
13,223 Posts
Bingeing is what apparently anyone is doing and it has changed the discussion about TV, instead of a week by week conversation and what will happen next, it's become about what you are watching currently and what you will watch next. So what series/mini-series are you watching now, how far into it are you or are you done and is it really worth the time or are you jumping ship to something else.

I'll start,

Succession (HBO)
It's the take on the filthy rich family that has been done a dozen times, but it's done right this time. Good actors, smart writing and really nice pace. Sort of a take on the Murdochs/similar media mogul types. It's funny, cunning and well acted. I am about to finish the second season and it has been renewed for third season. Would definitely tune in for that.
Just watched Succession. Really enjoyed it. The second season in particular, and especially the last 3-4 chapters, was just brilliant, top TV.

Indeed very smart dialogue, very funny, and surprising script. Above all it’s the acting though for me that makes it — some of them are just outstanding, especially Logan Roy (Cox), but also the older son and the daughter.

The first scene with the bunny dressed vomiting through the costume’s eyes made me laugh like no tv show has in a while.

Also has a very interesting dialogue with classic tragedy genre, constant reference to mythology and Shakespeare, and of course a history of family betrayal and hubris.

Really really impressed.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts