Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 86 Posts

·
Third Place Winner, April Photo Contest 2008
3,578 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
V. Manisa 0 Diyarbakir 3...
Check the Vestel' squad... 6 men from A team is absent somehow.
Zelenka, johana, Selçuk, Bülent, Arda, Meduna...

Against a team thats on the hot line... A team that lost 0 - 4 to Fenerbahce with a shitty play.

2002 - 2003 - Last match of the session :

Bursaspor 3 - Genclerbirligi 1

Bursa was on the hot line and they were going to fall if they lost. Gencler was doing great with Ersun Yanal while giving pain to G.S and F.B. (both 2 teams couldnt beat gencler and could took only 1 point while Trabzon lose). Than Genclerbirligi went to Bursa with a team that made of reserves and lost... Bursa stayed while Altay falling...

I dont like you Ersun Yanal...

Edit :
As evidence :

http://www.milliyet.com.tr/2003/06/05/spor/bpua.html
http://www.genclerbirligi.org.tr/icerikarastir.php?name=lmo&action=program&filenuke=modules/lmo/ligen/2002-2003.l98&selteam=12

·
Registered
10,724 Posts
I don't see why Yanal would want to keep Diyarbakirspor in the super lig with all the fan problems, etc that has been shown this year...

It could also be that Vestel has nothing to play for - they aren't going down and they can't qualify for Europe - so Yanal wants to see what he has in the rest of the squad.
:undecide:

·
Third Place Winner, April Photo Contest 2008
3,578 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yenibey said:
I don't see why Yanal would want to keep Diyarbakirspor in the super lig with all the fan problems, etc that has been shown this year...

It could also be that Vestel has nothing to play for - they aren't going down and they can't qualify for Europe - so Yanal wants to see what he has in the rest of the squad.
:undecide:
Yanal doesnt fukking care the football or his teams he just cares money like Vestel who wants to have more customers at the east of Turkey where Diyarbakir located...

·
Registered
10,724 Posts
Beast said:
Yanal doesnt fukking care the football or his teams he just cares money like Vestel who wants to have more customers at the east of Turkey where Diyarbakir located...
Thats a pretty strong accusation with the only proof being a lineup change for last weeks game.

But who know, maybe you're right...

·
Registered
5,440 Posts
Yanal has changed his team many times this season. He has rotated between Sinan and Meduna, and Selcuk does not always play. He bought several players in the last transferwindow and he probably wanted to give them a shot aswell against a poor opposition. Thats perhaps why Zafer Sakar also played this time. But anyway Yanal has rotated his team many times this season. This is just turkish paranoia kicking in again.

·
Registered
11,971 Posts
Vestel aren't that good anyway... look at their recent record for proof! Diyarbakir are fighting for their lives and have a lot to play for between now and the end of the season. Vestel may as well call it a day now - all they have left is one big payday (in gate receipts) when they play Fener is a couple of weeks!

As a Fener fan I am also getting extremely pissed that our opponents are always judged to have played poorly when we have tonked them! It's never, Fener played well but always, x defended poorly, they never closed down enough, this and that and so on. We hammered Konya 5-0 a couple weeks back and they were slated instead us getting praise. The same Konya then went on to beat BJK, TS and Denizli and winning 3 on the bounce to go alongside the 2 they won before we played them. When we beat Gencler 3-0 it was deemed a heartless performance by them. Last weekend they lost by the same margin but somehow they were unlucky!? Now in this thread because Fener tonked DYB 0-4, Vestel should have beaten them too..!?

Guys, I think the media we all slate so relentlessly is actually more effective then we give it credit for..;)

·
Registered
5,653 Posts
Oh come on Denizlli, I dont like Yanal that much as well, but seriously, no need ot call him a loser, he's been coaching teams in teh superlig for a while now, not to mention he also coached our NT.
hes an OK coach, not great but not horrible.

·
Registered
8,299 Posts
D-lite said:
Oh come on Denizlli, I dont like Yanal that much as well, but seriously, no need ot call him a loser, he's been coaching teams in teh superlig for a while now, not to mention he also coached our NT.
hes an OK coach, not great but not horrible.
well in this 'business' u get judged on success....and im not sure if this guy has acheived anything...has he?

·
Registered
18,438 Posts
Well, he did have a succesful uefa cup campaign with his gencler beating teams such as blackburn, parma, sporting lisabon. They were unluckily eliminated by the uefa cup winners valencia in the return game after have won the first game 1-0 in ankara.

how can you have missed out on that?

·
Registered
8,299 Posts
Cengo said:
Well, he did have a succesful uefa cup campaign with his gencler beating teams such as blackburn, parma, sporting lisabon. They were unluckily eliminated by the uefa cup winners valencia in the return game after have won the first game 1-0 in ankara.

how can you have missed out on that?

well then we have this guy incharge of our national team, which i think is a pretty solid & strong squad, but failed to take us to the WC. but yes i overlooked the uefa part, however i'm not going to rate him as a superb coach...not yet atleast.

·
Registered
18,438 Posts
Think again....was it Ersun Yanal or Terim who failed to qualify?

You dont need to be a rocket scientist to figure that out.

·
Registered
8,299 Posts
Cengo said:
Think again....was it Ersun Yanal or Terim who failed to qualify?

You dont need to be a rocket scientist to figure that out.

u cant blame it on terim as this yanal guy was in charge for about 10 games right? terim took over after that. if we had won our games prior to that point we would have gone through. the question is would we have made it to the play-offs if terim hadnt had taken over?

·
Registered
18,438 Posts
lazyPro said:
the question is would we have made it to the play-offs if terim hadnt had taken over?

and still you blame ersun yanal....it's like a comedy!

·
Registered
8,299 Posts
Cengo said:
and still you blame ersun yanal....it's like a comedy!
so u want me to blame terim? if we had won all our games prior to that point then we wouldnt have had to play a play off.

·
Registered
18,438 Posts
lazyPro said:
so u want me to blame terim? if we had won all our games prior to that point then we wouldnt have had to play a play off.
And if Türkiye was a better football nation we would be world champions.

Tell me, when was the last time Türkiye won all it's games in a qualifier for the WC or EC.....?

Better....tell me when was the last time Türkiye got through as a group winner to any championship?

Sometimes you make arguements like a little kid....

1 - 20 of 86 Posts