Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
22,221 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
what are the real things that really get on your nerves?Player acting,crowd behaviour,refereeing incompetence,to many games,overrated players,Corrupt business etc...

·
Registered
25,902 Posts
FA who seem to think a slap is warrant of a three game suspension but a stamp is perfectly fine. An FA who seem to think a shove in the back is a four game suspension. An FA who seem to think breaking a players ankle is only a one game ban but pointing a finger at a player is a three game ban.

The English FA in general. It's rubbish.

·
Registered
22,221 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ditto Khimik the inconsistency with Punishments handed out are quite absurd.The same thing happens in Italy and perhaps on other countries to,what some players cop compared to what others get away with is a joke.

·
Registered
5,608 Posts
Money is the root of all evil, and it's stamping all over our beloved sport at the moment. That's what I hate most about football - the involvement of money in all major decisions that hs totally changed the face of football as we know it.

·
First Place winner, January 2009 Photo Contest
4,108 Posts
Great Outdoors said:
Money is the root of all evil, and it's stamping all over our beloved sport at the moment. That's what I hate most about football - the involvement of money in all major decisions that hs totally changed the face of football as we know it.
I agree 100% ...I miss the old European cup which actually consisted of Championship, league winning teams...not 4th place teams from rich countries. Some of the David vs Goliath battles were fantastic - pitting two teams against each other that are not used to losing. Unfortunatly it's more lucritive for UEFA to have a boring Milan vs ManU match instead Milan vs a first place team from some obscure country.

·
Registered
25,266 Posts
Money and the Bosman, and in Serbia a lot of crappy corruption. :(

·
Registered
2,133 Posts
There are 3 things that truly disgust me when it comes to football.

Firstly, the glory-hunters. I have hardly seen any Chelsea or Barca days before this season and now, their jerseys seem to just popped up all of a sudden. The same applies to Milan before they won the CL back in 02/03. Please note that I'm not crictisizing the clubs or any of the fans here but the fake ones.

Secondly, all the loaths that defensive football so unfairly received. Since when does offensive gung-ho suicidal football means good football? I was disgusted by the fact that most people crictisize Chelsea and Mourinho like that after they lost to Barcelona 2-1. Chelsea's offensive tridente; Robben, Duff and Drogba; were either injured or not fit so it was to be expected that they'd be defensive. Also, playing offensive against a team like Barca is very unwise. I truly enjoyed their defending and was rooting for them, actually. Just as much as I enjoyed Greece in Euro 2004. Football is about winning, not to make neutrals happy!

Thirdly, AC Milan. :yuck:
(What a cheap shot!)

·
Registered
8,350 Posts
I pretty much agree with Handoyo. Well maybe not so much the Milan part, because I respect them very much, but the rest.

·
Registered
25,266 Posts
How can anyone like 11 men behind the ball defensive play and not even trying to keep the ball.

·
World Class Player
7,673 Posts
My country not having a national team.

·
Registered
12,484 Posts
1. Fourth place teams no longer going to my beloved UEFA Cup competition. God knows why I love that competition so much...

2. Fourth place teams getting in to the Champions League.

3. Third place teams in the league stages of the Champions League going in to the UEFA Cup, making my beloved competition looking like it's a European dumping competition.

4. Teams not caring about the UEFA Cup. I can't say I blame them really...

5. Glory hunters, like my cousin and other glory hunters like Handoyo described

6. Football managers who play the 4-4-2 formation. I hate that formation.

7. Jealousy which consumes fans when other teams succeed particulary in the English Premier League. I am disgusted at the jealousy I have seen directed towards Chelsea, particulary from Man Utd fans (like my cousin).

8. Any form of racism

9. Any form of corruption

10. Good, well organised football being branded 'defensive' and 'un-entertainin'.

11. The amount of disrespect fans of one league give to leagues of other countries.

12. The English FA who, despite being founded and established before any of us were born, still can't decide what's right and what's wrong

13. Players that dive

14. Blind referees

15. Too many foreigners playing for a domestic league eg England, Germany.

16. Players who play one good game, or even have one decent season and let the success get to their head. For example Rio Ferdinand

17. Players who play one good game or one bad game and are judged accordingly by fans soley based on that one performance.

18. Fans that know nothing about football outside of their own favorite league and yet have the audacity and stupidity to claim that 'xx' team is better than 'xx' team

19. Fans who can't be bothered to learn about foriegn football

20. Fans who get angry and throw a tantrum when their team loses a game

21. Ridiculous wages that are being payed to players who are paid to enjoy what they do

22. Players who single-handedly wreck their own career

23. Players who don't want to educate themselves in things that matter

24 Players who don't know anything about foriegn football

25. Players who move to a foreign country and cannot pick up the language despite playing there for a considerable amount of time

26. Managers who don't know when to quit and walk away

27. Managers who don't know what they're doing eg Sven Eriksson

28. National team managers who don't give promising players a chance to shine at international level

29. Tabliod newspapers blowing everything out of proportion particularly in Italy and England

30. Lack of ethinic minorities playing football

·
Registered
5,608 Posts
That's a long list Firenze.. but I agree most with your first point. I loved the UEFA Cup too.. it used to be the only European club competition available for second-tier teams to get their 10 minutes of fame.. and how hotly contested was this! Today's UEFA Cup is just crap.. Parma rests Gilardino for Europe these days.. unheard of just a few years ago. How times have changed.

·
Registered
2,133 Posts
I can't believe that I didn't mention this before. This is perhaps the 2nd biggest (biggest being the evil black & red side of Milan) problem that I have in football. The MEDIA.

Transfer Rumours
Most of the time, if you check your newspapers or football sites, all they talk about is nothing but transfer rumours. Gerrard to Chelsea, Cassano to Real Madrid, etc etc. I don't understand how (maybe not in your country) does the transfer rumour of Steven Gerrard to Chelsea outweighs the media coverage of the importance of the League Cup itself during their build-up to the match. The journalists more often than not manipulate the words of the players causing a lot of unrest and speculations. Totti saying he was honoured to feel wanted by Perez and Real Madrid are twisted & turned to be Totti wanting to ditch Roma for Real Madrid.

The fact is made worse that it seems that every player in the world are linked with just 2 clubs, Chelsea and Real Madrid. While I can't deny that Chelsea will get who they want, I don't believe that Mourinho is the type of manager who will get superstars to his already magnificent team, unless of course like getting Gerrard to the midfield. But Chelsea linked to Shevchenko and Adriano is just bull$hit IMO since I don't think Mourinho is the kind of manager who'd ditch his most expensive signing, Drogba, just like that.

This is very saddening especially for me. I don't wanna sound too cocky here but I have been unable to have a genuine football discussions with my friends because all they talk is just frankly, rumours. They, and several number of new football fans, believe everything that the media wrote. I have frankly given up hope in clarifying why I think each rumour is just bull$hit and I've been left all alone without any fooball fan friend in real life other than Xavi (Tim) which of course is also a poster in this board.

'Los Galacticos'
How about the fact that it seems that according to them Real Madrid is the very best club ever in world football? The 'Galacticos' or whatever you call them. It seems that some of the journalists, football 'pundits' and commentators gets an er3ction everytime they see one of the 'Galacticos' receive the ball. For the same action that Gianluca Zambrotta & Roberto Carlos do, the latter will receive far more praise and they'll even go as far as reminiscing the goal against Jamaica or France. :rolleyes:

I was so glad that Monaco dispose them in the CL last season because Richard Keys of Sky Sports completely dismissed Monaco's chance of progressing! He was saying along the line like, "Real Madrid - Monaco? C'mon, Real Madrid will breeze past them." (You guys may not have seen it since he said it in a local football talk show)

Jose Mourinho
And of course, I'm gonna talk about the figure that has been casted to the spotlight by the British media as of late, Jose Mourinho. What a character this guy is! As far as I'm concern, Jose never mentioned anything about setting the quadruple as their standard this season. Again, I don't wanna sound cocky here but an interview of that magnitude would certainly catch my eye and I didn't see any this season. Maybe he did when I was in my obscure homeland for a few weeks earlier last year but I doubt it.

The Chelsea side that was hyped up so much that they will dominate the next decade of English football was brought down even faster my the media even if they only lost an FA Cup tie with Newcastle, with most of their player rested due to injuries and eyeing the titanic CL clash with Barca on the following midweek. Winning 4 title in a season is almost impossible and I'm sure Jose didn't set that as his target. In fact, I recall him saying that a CL & EPL double is very unlikely since he did that last season with Porto.

He also received unfair criticisms after the CL tie against Barca which I have elaborated in my previous post before this. The Chelsea side was put under too much unnecessary pressure before the League Cup final and I was so glad that they won. The icing on the cake for me was of course Mourinho with the 'Shut Up' remark to the journalist, which of course the media will once again build up as him being cocky and that he's asking the Liverpool fan to shut up, not the media. If I were Mourinho, I wouldn't tell them to 'shut it', but I'd rather give the middle finger and tell them to f*ck off instead!

1 - 20 of 53 Posts