Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
8,387 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First of all, I applaud FIFA on the efforts they've made in this subject.

However, I wonder if these are empty threats just to light a fire under clubs/federations or if they have the steel (balls) to actually use these punishments. I'm hoping they do.

·
Registered
27,277 Posts
if the most their doing now is fining clubs 600E, then they are practically zero.

·
A true hero
31,326 Posts
Doubt it, I think it's something that's hard to enforce. If that rule comes into place what's to stop a bunch of Barca fans sitting in the Real end and racially abusing Eto'o to try and get Real relegated.

They need to find the offenders and ban them.

·
Registered
3,383 Posts
Gerraaaaaaaard said:
if the most their doing now is fining clubs 600E, then they are practically zero.
It may have a chance for the small teams in the future.
For the big teams, the chance is 0. Too much money involved.

·
Registered
27,277 Posts
do they have any kind of fan tracking system? like which guy bought which seat? then you could find him and prevent him from going to any further matches.

·
Registered
8,387 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Rob Edwards said:
Doubt it, I think it's something that's hard to enforce. If that rule comes into place what's to stop a bunch of Barca fans sitting in the Real end and racially abusing Eto'o to try and get Real relegated.

They need to find the offenders and ban them.
I think that actually laying out any of these punishments is going to be done after a lot of investigating and I think FIFA will be willing to hold off on a fine if a team proves itself to be very proactive in resolving the situation immediately after the racist event happens.

Let's say someone is making monkey chants in a stadium. Now, if stadium ushers immediately move in and remove these people from the stadium and subsequently the club bans them from ever returning, then I think FIFA would have to say that there is no reason to fine/punish the club.

·
Registered
385 Posts
You can't really punish a club for a few mindless and ignorant individuals. Its a very difficult issue, something that cannot just be sorted out overnight.

If I went to a football match, and starting throwing racial abuse at each and every player on the pitch do you think the club deserved to be relegated for it? Its not their fault, they don't know me and what my beliefs or whatever are. They should ban me for life, but don't punish the club.

I don't know what the answer is, but it certainly isnt that.

·
Registered
8,387 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Well I feel that if a club takes such an action and bans the fan for life than fifa will say well done and no punishment necessary. look, you can't always stop the action from happening the first time. the issue is the reaction to the incident. If clubs are sitting on their hands letting it happen then they should expect a punishment. If they're kicking fools out, then they should expect to be cleared of all wrong doing.

·
Registered
23,873 Posts
they need to follow the English model and hit the fans hard when it comes to this. As can be seen that have NOT been bad as for audience either.

·
Registered
27,119 Posts
Johan said:
they need to follow the English model and hit the fans hard when it comes to this. As can be seen that have NOT been bad as for audience either.
Yes but its easy to do in England cause everyone has assigned seats and there isnt a whole area occupied by Ultras for example how would you hit the whole Curva Nord in Lazio if they chanted racist things as a whole? you would have to shutdown that section of the stadium i guess...

·
Registered
8,387 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
panicos said:
ZERO chance.
Lawyers will have a field day, Human Rights, Freedom of Speech etc etc.
It's a human right to attack and insult people because of their race?? Maybe in the correct forum (a march, rally, speech), but at a football match? I wonder who wants to be the lawyer to argue that point of view.

·
Registered
782 Posts
CarlosMiguel said:
It's a human right to attack and insult people because of their race?? Maybe in the correct forum (a march, rally, speech), but at a football match? I wonder who wants to be the lawyer to argue that point of view.

Its not correct to attack or insult people in any way. They should also stop fans from cursing at all type of players, and insulting their mothers and kids.
If one type of insult stops, so should all others.

·
Registered
23,873 Posts
Ambis said:
Yes but its easy to do in England cause everyone has assigned seats and there isnt a whole area occupied by Ultras for example how would you hit the whole Curva Nord in Lazio if they chanted racist things as a whole? you would have to shutdown that section of the stadium i guess...
Cameras indentification. punishment that feels. And why not have assigned seats.

·
Registered
27,277 Posts
Yeah, I think the players should leave the field until thge chanters are removed/ have stopped.

·
Registered
43,672 Posts
panicos said:
ZERO chance.
Lawyers will have a field day, Human Rights, Freedom of Speech etc etc.
Who would sue who? Amnesty International will be the real ones having the field day.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts