Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
11,296 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My Mcafee subscription runs out in 6 days and they're offering a renew for 60 bux a year. its not about the money but i had some infections last year despite having uptodate definitions so i'm not sure its the best one out there.

other options?

kaspersky? Norton? or should i renew mcafee?

thx

·
This is NOT Akhisar!
14,463 Posts
Commodo Internet Security. It's free, and it has features working better than most of paid counterparts. Kaspersky is utter garbage, it doesn't recognize very well-known viruses / trojans / rootkits anymore.

·
Banned
3,828 Posts
Commodo Internet Security. It's free, and it has features working better than most of paid counterparts. Kaspersky is utter garbage, it doesn't recognize very well-known viruses / trojans / rootkits anymore.
Yep.

·
Second Place Winner, December 2011 Photo Contest
94,478 Posts
Dont buy a thing, wasting $$$ if buying Anti-Virus...I have been using the free AVG and it has been great.Several years ongoinn and on all my devices at home

·
94,478 Posts
Dont buy a thing, wasting $$$ if buying Anti-Virus...I have been using the free AVG and it has been great.Several years ongoinn and on all my devices at home

·
The one who was Bella
20,196 Posts

·
Registered
11,296 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
oh well sounds like the free ones you guys mentioned are just as good. wont renew mcafee in that case although 60 bux a year is close to nothing. i'll give MSE a shot

thanks again

·
Laziale, Independent
6,075 Posts
My Mcafee subscription runs out in 6 days and they're offering a renew for 60 bux a year. its not about the money but i had some infections last year despite having uptodate definitions so i'm not sure its the best one out there.

other options?

kaspersky? Norton? or should i renew mcafee?

thx

Last year I purchase Bit Defender and now it expired but existing customers receive emails with really good deals and discoounts.

I was given a Total Security for a laughable price which of course I took it in particular as it was up to 3 Pc.

Bit Defender is really awesome by the way and very light.

·
Registered
19,633 Posts

·
┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌&#874
14,769 Posts
i have never had any issues with norton.

·
┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌&#874
31,893 Posts

·
94,478 Posts
Avast and or AVG both are awesome and TOTALLY free !!!!!! In the past I had Avast, for the last 2-3 yrs AVG.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts