Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
shouldn't Argentina playing a match today?
what happened in it.....?

·
Registered
88 Posts
What Group of Death?

The friendlies were very interesting. I enjoyed the Cameroon/England game in particular. The Indomitable Lions were a delight to watch with the way they switched play. Had that been a competitive match, England would have been about 4-0 down by half time.

The Sweden/Japan game was also interesting, the Swedes were quite solid in the middle and at the back but were clueless when it came to exercising creativity going forward. Thier right back was also dodgy but on the whole, they are a dangerous team that can hit you on the counter-attack with swift breaks from Allback and Larson. They are too predictable to be any threat in my opinion.

For me, there is no tension in Group F. The label group of death is a gross exggeration. England will end up with no points, suffering three defeats, while Sweden will go home with three points from their 1-0 defeat of England.

The opening game between Nigeria and Argentina will determine who tops the group. I have a feeling it might be a draw, however, so it is all down to who can score more against the hapless England. It is a straight fight between Batistuta and Aghahowa for top scorer in the group.

No matter how hard any other animal tries, it can never soar to the heights of the eagle

·
Registered
4,786 Posts
Tomorrow moring I think Arg will face one Japanese team, the first half will be played the players who will face Nigeria and in the 2nd half Bielsa will use the rest of the squade.

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
We'll see who the starters will be in those 2 friendlies..

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well....please...update as much as you can with the results of the two squades:)

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
iN A few hours...both games will start

·
Premium Member
22,583 Posts
one of the Arg. papers said neither of Bielsa's teams played well, passing was poor and the players seemed preoccupied with all the injuries affecting players from other NT's. Zidane, Inzaghi etc.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Do not read too much into this

I will not read too much meaning into this game. I believe that come June2, Bielsa's team will be up for it. However, today, Argentina is not the awesome team it was in the qualifiers. Too many players have had bad seasons and injuries have taken their toll. Had the World Cup taken place this time last year, Argentina would have easily steam rollered her opponents to the trophy.

Even France would have been cannon fodder at the time. Now, however, the picture will be different.

Who is ready to place a $20 that there is no way in the world that Argentina will beat Nigeria on June2? Personally, I would like to two teams to draw because I think they are overwelmingly the best two in the group and I would hate to see either of them under pressure and struggling. I also have a lot of sentimemntal attachement to Argentina and Brazil but I fear that we will see another opening scare for Argentina as we did in 1982 and 1990. I fear Julius Aghahowa will be the danger man.

No matter how hard any other animal tries, it can never soar to the heights of the eagle

·
Registered
271 Posts
Who is ready to place a $20 that there is no way in the world that Argentina will beat Nigeria on June2?
Be my guest - bookies will offer you as much as 3/1 on a draw and 13/2 on a Nigerian win.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Leg100, do you live in the real world?

Leg100, I really do not know if you genuinely in the dark about matters, are forcing yourself to believe these stories or are just simply so unaware of what is gpoing on around you that you just go along with the racist, arrogant, colonial and fascistic British media. These are the same people who were saying England will massacare Cameroon. Did you see what the bookies were offering on Cameroon to beat England?

In their wildest dreams they never thought England would scrape a draw in the 92nd minute or that Cameroon would play England off the park. For them because the team bears the name England it must automatically be better than any African team, irrespective of form, quality of player available or team cohesion.

My point is that what you hear from the British media and racist commentators like Ray Wilkins has nothing to do with the reality on the ground. I have watched all four teams in Group F play and train and I can tell you now that Nigeria and Argentina are light years agead of the other two in terms of team cohesion, scoring ability, defensive solidity and natural flair and talent.

However, I suspect you will not believe anything I tell you, so it is pointless going through the Super Eagles with you, informing you of their strengths, or posting pictures on this site. Have you noticed that nobody else on this site is as dismissive of the Super Eagles as you. The difference between Cameroon, Nigeria and Senegal is very marginal and the three of them are a match for anybody. Apart from France, Argentina and maybe Brazil, I cannot see any other team beating either three of them at the moment based on their current form.

There is nothing stopping Nigeria beating Argentina on June 2. Somehow, you have a problem living with this reality. I suggest you take your blinkers off young man. You do not strike me as someone who lives in the real world.

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
What the hell....!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :rolleyes::rolleyes:

What kind of performance they did out there to lose to a japanes team...:rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Argentina's probable starting XI were held to a disappointing 0-0 draw by J-League side Tokyo FC on Tuesday.
And the second string - with Gabriel Batistuta leading the attack - suffered a 1-0 defeat at the hands of Vegalta Sendai.

The results mean that Argentina have failed to score in more than two hours of competitive action - just five days before their World Cup opener against Nigeria.

Their cause was not helped by the absence of striker Claudo Lopez, who developed a fever after catching a cold at Argentina's base camp in Fukushima.

Both games - about 30 minutes each half - were largely uneventful from Argentine coach Marcelo Bielsa's point of view.

But the starting line-ups - with striker Batistuta picked in the weaker side - was the clearest sign yet that the AS Roma forward may have lost his battle with Hernan Crespo.

Now thats might had a bad imapct on the players :rolleyes:

·
Registered
88 Posts
No tension Assasin

Assasin, do not assasinate yourself. The boys in blue and white will make it through the group. They will come second and surprise France in the second round with a shock win. I see Argentina going all the way to the final.

They will start off badly losing to the Super Eagles but like 1990, they will get their act together after that.

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Man...you cozed me a headache with your super eagles !!:rolleyes:

·
Registered
88 Posts
Do not worry Assasin

The Super Eagles will always soar. I am more confident this time than I was in 1994 or 1998. I was in the camp when the team played Ireland and Jamaica and I know what the boys are capable of and what the current mood is. The last time Nigeria was this organised was in 1996 when she won Olympic gold.

However, I believe Argentina will do well too. I have no doubt whatsoever, not even 1%, that the two teams will go through from Group F. Whatever happens on June 2, Argentina and Nigeria will sail through to the second round.

I have already began writting the lengthy response I will post on this site for Leg100. I better warn yopu it will be long and explosive.

I suspect he will hide his face a bit. For me, the oinly difficult game for the Super Eagles is the one against Argentina. If we get thatm one out of the way, the rest is a walkover. That England in particular need a good thrashing just to pay them back for all these racist insults.

·
Registered
6,529 Posts
Guy's we'll be more the ready for ther match against Nigeria. I beleive we'll win as well. I think we're in great shape and I am not too preoccupied about today's matches. In the first one we had four U-20 players in the squad. Reradless, we should have done better but I wouldn't read into it too much.

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
I've had it with Bielsa, what is his obsession with Ortega and with Crespo?, G.Lopez is obviously playing better, Crespo hasn't scored one single goal in all the training matches, and you are telling me that withs men will be our starters?, if we don't change something fast, we could even lose to Nigeria, remember, the same starting team played bad against the Japanese team the other day, if it wasn't for G.Lopez and Batistuta, we would have left a bad image.

What the **** does Batistuta have to do to be the starter?, the guy has scored 5 goals so far, Crespo 0, i'm tellingyou if Bielsa's obsession with this guy continues, we won't win the WC, am very worried.

·
Premium Member
22,583 Posts
cool it Stevie. you don't have any idea who Bielsa will start in any of the matches and neither do any of our rivals...and THAT'S EXACTLY WHAT BIELSA WANTS!!!!!!

in addition, Gustavo Lopez didn't play because of muscle fatigue, NOT because Bielsa didn't want to use him.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts