Xtratime Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
15,555 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Come on boys we're off in 2002!!!

What a victory over the Sainters today at Subiaco, a last ditch victory after being outplayed for most of the game. After quarter time you thought they were gone!

Next week we got Hawthorn who lost to Brisbane by 102 points today! This can really kick start our season.

What a game, Anthony are you still alive? :D

Final Score:

Freo: 10.16.76
Saints 11.7.73

·
Registered
4,724 Posts
Adrian I am still alive :D !!!!!!!!!

I am not getting carried away with the win , but it is one I will savour as they are few & far between for us down in Freo !!!!!!!

The umpiring was the worst ever seen in an AFL game today , MAN was it shocking !!Yes the saints did outplay us for the first one & a half quarters but slowly but surely we clawed ourselves back !! fter quarter time we had 25 scoring shots to 9 !! our piss poor kicking for goal really let us down.

No doubt it was a great come from behind win and a huge relief to chalk up win #1 :D. I was absolutely wrapped with the playing group in ther "never say die" attitude and our fitness which probably carried us over the line.

The atmosphere in the last 15 minutes was amazing , no words could describe what the roar was like after Ben " Ritchie " Cunningham slotted the winning goal from 55 out............ It was like Happy Days all over !!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts