Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
16,663 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have a look on liverpoolfc.tv and look at the poll "Who is the greatest former Liverpool player?"... our greatest player, imo, of all time Billy Liddell is in 9th place, I mean the players above him are great and all but how can someone rate Owen or Fowler etc. above what Liddell did for us!

(ONRG please feel free to move this, I just didn't know where to express my feelings without starting a new thread)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,753 Posts
Wow, I'm not that familiar with Billy at all. I need some help in getting to know him better. He has to be THAT good since SM is coming with all guns blazing.

Will chek the website now.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
16,663 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
karrmadamaii said:
Wow, I'm not that familiar with Billy at all. I need some help in getting to know him better. He has to be THAT good since SM is coming with all guns blazing.

Will chek the website now.
Billy Liddell is one of the greatest players – some say the greatest – in the entire history of Liverpool FC. A Scotland winger, he was recommended to the club by Matt Busby and made his League debut in the triumphant 1946-7 season. Liddell’s talents were most striking during Liverpool’s widerness years in the second division. From 1954 to 1962, Liddell carried the club: he was invariably Liverpool’s top scorer each season and played in every department of the team except in goal. Such were his contributions that the club was dubbed ‘Liddellpool’.

Story on him here.
http://www.bobpaisley.com/liddell-story1.htm
 

·
Xtratime's Head of Humour 2007
Joined
·
63,337 Posts
this always happens in polls, because more younger people vote who may not be so interested in history.

In United polls Cantona always beats George Best and in Arsenal polls none of Herbert Chapman's team ever gets picked. :eekani:

who's in the lead anyway ?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
16,663 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Jern Lizardhous said:
this always happens in polls, because more younger people vote who may not be so interested in history.

In United polls Cantona always beats George Best and in Arsenal polls none of Herbert Chapman's team ever gets picked. :eekani:

who's in the lead anyway ?
yeah good point.

Kenny Dalglish is in the lead which is fair enough (although I would chose Liddell), but the others infront of him I totally disagree with:

K Dalglish 11229
I Rush 5114
M Owen 2199
R Fowler 1612
J Barnes 1319
K Keegan 772
E Hughes 626
A Hansen 436
B Liddell 341 neally 2000 less then St. Mike :eekani:
G Souness 253
R Hunt 154
I Callaghan 125
R Clemence 100
I St John 70
R Kennedy 63
P Neal 59
R Yeats 29
E Scott 24
A Raisbeck 22
G Hodgson 17
 

·
Xtratime's Head of Humour 2007
Joined
·
63,337 Posts
I'm surprised Steve Heighway isn't on it, and Emlyn Hughes above Hansen and Souness ? you are right, it is a joke.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,123 Posts
Jern Lizardhous said:
this always happens in polls, because more younger people vote who may not be so interested in history.

In United polls Cantona always beats George Best and in Arsenal polls none of Herbert Chapman's team ever gets picked. :eekani:

who's in the lead anyway ?
Sadly very true. The fairly recent C4 poll for the England "dream team" saw a combination of World Cup winners and players still playing or who've retired since 1990.

Trouble is unless you're like retirement age you won't have seen half the England players, that and the tendancy of people's opinions being basically a regurgitation of what they've read, seen and heard from other people and the media

What are poll's good for? Holding up telephone lines!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,753 Posts
heheh, good point Owzat. Reading your reply makes me think that you're from the US. Are you? :pp

anyways, the ppl who grew up watching the likes Lidell are probably too old now to work with a mouse. What can I say?

I just made a resolution to make sure my future kids would know as much about Pool and more than I did at their age.

:shades:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,123 Posts
karrmadamaii said:
heheh, good point Owzat. Reading your reply makes me think that you're from the US. Are you?
NO, looks like I'm one of the few actually from England. I could take that as an insult. so few yanks actually know anything about football and just end up in stupid arguments about how they saved Europe from speaking german and how the word "soccer" originates from UK (even though we don't have some other sh1tty sport also called football to differentiate between despite it having jacksh1t to do with kicking it :rolleyes: )
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,753 Posts
Owzat said:
NO, looks like I'm one of the few actually from England. I could take that as an insult. so few yanks actually know anything about football and just end up in stupid arguments about how they saved Europe from speaking german and how the word "soccer" originates from UK (even though we don't have some other sh1tty sport also called football to differentiate between despite it having jacksh1t to do with kicking it :rolleyes: )
hehe

no offense mate, but maybe i'm more exposed to yanks coming out with some hard language rather than the English. ALways have good impressions of the ENglish.

Nothing personal mate.
 

·
Winter is Coming.
Joined
·
8,131 Posts
well, shouldnt judge a man by his nationality or race, but for the man he is (or lack of).

we have some american posters here, namely skamen, they're good lads so lets not stereo type.

ps. karrma, u think yanks are the most foul mouthed around? haha you need to check out the world man.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,753 Posts
hehe O-NRG, no offense to all the yanks around, and also to the rest of the ENglishmen here :shades: well, my experiences with them yanks were never of the more polite kind ;)

I dont judge someone just like that guys ;) if i was I'd sound a lot more offensive than I did. Besides that, the fact that I came out in the open in the way I did shows that I've nothing against them, and I don't stereotype ppl as a habit.

Anyways, I'd love to go out and meet ppl, thinking of the U.K esp.

One thing I like abt the forums are that we get ppl from many countries and nationalities. Americans are very open-minded and loud in espressing their opinions, which is among the many that I admire them for, while the English are articulate in espressing their views. Its very hard to find a loud, articulate and opinionated person here in M'sia. Everybody's has sth on his mind, but never has the bravery and confidence to express themselves.

Nothing personal ppl. I aprreciate the company a lot. :shades:

Cheers. YNWA
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
16,663 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
karrmadamaii said:
That's a bit too early to say eh? Where'd u heard it SM?
It's the latest poll on the Official site "Do you agree with Terry McDermott that Steven Gerrard is possibly a better midfielder than Graeme Souness was?"

Most fans are saying yes Gerrard is better, which is stupid- maybe at the end of his career Gerrard can be compared with Souness but not now.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,753 Posts
I'm not registered at .tv mate, so I can't really view the forums or the polls.

Thanks for the info anyways. ;) Why would Mcdermott start the poll for anyway?

Cheers.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
16,663 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
karrmadamaii said:
I'm not registered at .tv mate, so I can't really view the forums or the polls.

Thanks for the info anyways. ;) Why would Mcdermott start the poll for anyway?

Cheers.
Well you want to get your self registered :D it's the only way to live.

McDermott didn't make the poll, the poll is just based on what McDermott said.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,753 Posts
Ah, I see...why would mcdermott say that? He'd know better I expect.

Btw, can i just use paypal to pay for the registration and the subscription fee? WOuld really love to find out how the .tv forums are. Many on talklfc says it crap. What say you mate?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
16,663 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
karrmadamaii said:
Ah, I see...why would mcdermott say that? He'd know better I expect.

Btw, can i just use paypal to pay for the registration and the subscription fee? WOuld really love to find out how the .tv forums are. Many on talklfc says it crap. What say you mate?
I do not know.

Registration is free, unless you want an e-season ticket but I don't advise getting one of them they are wank as I had one last season. Free registration will just give you access to polls, the forums etc. where as if you're an EST holder you can watch interview, highlights, live commentry etc.

The message boards on .tv are crap, the people on there talk aload of crap half the threads are about some master plan to lure Ronaldinho to the club.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
15,634 Posts
SM ONLINE said:
I do not know.

Registration is free, unless you want an e-season ticket but I don't advise getting one of them they are wank as I had one last season. Free registration will just give you access to polls, the forums etc. where as if you're an EST holder you can watch interview, highlights, live commentry etc.

The message boards on .tv are crap, the people on there talk aload of crap half the threads are about some master plan to lure Ronaldinho to the club.
:howler: :D :dielaugh:
 
1 - 20 of 23 Posts
Top