1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
from (www.onefootball.com)

Real chief unconvinced by Ronaldo recovery

Friday 28th June 2002

Real Madrid president Florentino Perez has revealed that he will not be tempted into a move for Internazionale striker Ronaldo because he is not convinced the Brazilian has fully recovered from his knee injury.

"He is a good player but he has been troubled for four years with injury, and I have doubts about how he will perform in the future," he said.

It is widely expected that Real will swoop for a forward this summer, but it seems unlikely to be Romaldo, despite the Brazilian's six goals in the World Cup. "We haven't talked with him or about him," Perez went on.

And Perez warned fans not to expect frenzied transfer activity this summer. "The team for next season will be based on players coming through the youth system," he said.

"It's still June, and there is time enough to create a new team. Our management department is working on who to bring from the youth system, and there will be new players from outside, but only the best players in the world."

Perez, though, insisted there would be no buying for buying's sake. "We won't spend money just because people want us to do so. We won't lose our heads because we have our strategy. We have to avoid pressure from the media."

Pressure, however, is also coming from within the club, with coach Vicente del Bosque suggesting that he couldn't remember any year in the last 34 in which Real Madrid hadn't signed any players during the close-season.

"We will sign players," Perez said, "but we won't invest in players who won't be profitable for the club. We won't get players who won't be starters."

Thats very nice . i always loved this man .i hope when they promote the youngesters that they dont forget Ruben(DEF) he has played with us in the Champions League and he was solid defender.

Hala Madrid
hala Young stars
hala Perez

·
Registered
24 Posts
I find it refreshing to hear a President of a high-profile team say that they will be tightening their belts, and focusing on local talent. :)

And Hierro, although I agree that Ruben is a talented defender, I'm worried that there won't be a replacement for him at Real Madrid B? With Real Madrid B pressuring for a 2nd division place they'll be needing a quality defender more than ever. Besides, I'm bothered by Ruben being too temperantal. I always see him get yellow cards for dissent. :(

·
Second Place Winner, December 2011 Photo Contest
94,488 Posts
Ronaldo's Price Tag scares anyone...and its a good thing that price alone, nevermind his physical status....is scaring Real Madrid away !!!

:smileani:

·
Third Place winner, October 2012 XT Photo Contest
20,440 Posts
how true. I thought he was crazy when I read in marca 2 years ago (he was still presidential candidate that time) that he could bring in Figo and Zidane ("Bombas de Perez: Figo Y Zidane"). For record transfers. To a time when we still stuck deep in a swamp of debts. Couldnt imagine how he would do that. But the man stood by his word and brought both, while making RM clean of debts. Simply incredible. He brings the best players in the world while also forcing the own youth system. He is living the spirit of Bernabeu...Simply amazing!!! His election was the best that could happen to us!

Donno how he does that but he can bring everyone to Madrid that he wants. Transfers that seem impossible, he makes them possible. Record transfers, that even make profit with its own advertisment. Even critisized when making these transfers like the one of Zidane -world record fee- but (whats often forgotten) he was the only one that joined last summer (other clubs spent much more money in lots of players) and finally he was worth every peseta, cause Zidane was it who scored the deciding goal in the CL-final. Zidane made the club even more popular than it was before.

To trust in our youth system means that we have one of the best in the world and we are overloaded with talent. It will alwas be very difficult for them to join the first team, some -but even more than in most of the biggest clubs in europe- can manage it. And this is a good ground for more upcomming talent. Also DelB isnt innocent there, having trained the youth teams for years. He probably knows them better than anyone else!

I admire Perez. Hes leading RM professionally and seriously. Not bringing doubts in like Sanz did. Hes a great leader of the best club in the world!

But he still has a lot to do. Especially in merchandising RM has a lot of holes to fill. To open new markets should be a start...RM is a worldwide known brand and it should be used much better!

Hala Madrid! Hala Florentino!

Saludos, LaBlanca

·
Second Place Winner, December 2011 Photo Contest
94,488 Posts
Real Madrid net 37 million Euro jackpot

PARIS, July 2 (AFP)

Spanish giants Real Madrid :happy: coined in a staggering 37 million euros (36.36 million dollars) from the European club football's governing body (UEFA) for last season's Champions League success.
Madrid, who clinched a record ninth European title with their 2-1 win over Germans Bayer Leverkusen in Glasgow in May, topped the money-making list released by UEFA on Tuesday.
Leverkusen, also runners-up in the German title and the German cup, were given a financial boost of 33.8 million euros. English side Manchester United were third on the list with 32.3 million euros and Germans Bayern Munich just behind on 31.9 million euros.
French side Nantes finished in fifth, ahead of semi-finalists Barcelona, with a 29.5 million euros windfall despite their elimination at the second group stage.
UEFA distributed a total of 523 million euros to the 32 Champions League participants, basing the shares on a cash-for-win basis.

:cap:

·
Registered
879 Posts
interesting information colocolo, I heard a rumor that this number will be SIGNIFICANTLY less next season. I'm talking about the CL money. I heard it will drop by well over 150 million after THIS year. This is due to the media financial problems. Anybody confirm this?

·
Registered
210 Posts
wow that was nice of Perez!
Bringing in the youths is better than splurging on $$$ well-known
players. and yeah, i'd like to see more of RUBEN too.

·
Registered
2,326 Posts
Have no doubts about the falling attendance and revenue, with CL games becoming so many.. people will simply grow disinterested.. Just look at the recent World Cup TV rights.. company collapsed and forunately another took over in time or else I can't imagine most of the world can't get world cup coverage..

1 - 8 of 8 Posts