Xtratime Community banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
11,758 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
West Midlands rivalries

With West Bromwich Albion promoted and Wolves going down I'm interested in the traditional rivalries in the Greaer Birmingham area.

Villa - City is obvious, but what about the others, is there a special rivalry between Villa and Albion or Villa and Wolves for example?

·
Registered
6,118 Posts
There will never be a side that can match the hatred that we Villans share for Birmingham City. Games against Albion and Wolves are intense, of course, just like any other derby game but it doesn't even come close to The Second City derbies. There are no 'special rivalries' as you put it with the likes of West Brom and Wolves, but we still aim to give them a hammering when the encounters do come along- simply to prove our superiority in the Midlands :strong:.

·
Registered
1,667 Posts
well as my dad always used to tell me, West Brom fans in Bham hate the Villa, ones from the Black Country hate Wolves.

Wolves and Baggies hate each other, Bluenoses seem to get on more with Baggies than Wolves in my experience but Wolves are more hooligans as are Blues so thats probably why they dont like each other.

Oh and everyone doesnt seem to mind Walsall, Villa like them anyway, our reserves used to use Bescott Stadium for our home matches so we have a kind of affinity with them.

·
Registered
17,861 Posts
Yep, the only three other Midland clubs I like are Walsall (been to the Bescot to see out reserves years ago!), Kiddy (remember how far they got in the FA Cup a few years ago :D ) and Tamworth.

Don't mind the Baggies so much, never liked Wolves - something about them has always made me dislike them!

Also you all forgot about Coventry - they hate the Villa, we just laugh at them and nick their better players! :)

Villa are and have always been "the pride of the Midlands" and will always be so! :stuckup:

·
Registered
11,758 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
How could I forget Walsall...;)

Coventry are out of my horizon, Tamworth and Kidderminster - too small for real rivalries, I guess.

Anyway, thanks for the info!:)

·
Banned
37,734 Posts
Viola,

Coventry city hate villa... but i don't think Villa even know that they exist:eek: :D BUt basically cause they d not have anyone closer to them

I have a frined that is the biggest idol of Coventry... Dave Bennett.... he gave them their only title ever... Fa Cup in 87;) the guy is still a semi God in the city... good for a drink;)

·
Registered
1,667 Posts
yeah we're aware of a small team near us called Coventry, we dont really care about them, i can see why they hate us though, its the same reason we hate boro, we like to buy players from them

·
Registered
17,861 Posts
Unfortunately I was there a few seasons ago when they beat us at Villa Park for the first time ever - such disappointment that they finally managed to overcome this barrier!

But then we got revenge and sent them down into the first division soon after ;)

·
Banned
37,734 Posts
Hey NAtalay,

taht time was when i met you.... remember i went to coventry on the sat to see livepoo play them... and then McAlister was the main reason they went down. Then Villa just gave teh last push:(

·
Registered
17,861 Posts
Why the :( face - it was a great day when we pushed them down and taught them firmly who was king in the Midlands!!! ;)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts