Xtratime Community banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3,340 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
GK: R Green, M Stech, R Boffin
DEF: G Demel, J Tomkins, W Reid, A Faye, G John, G McCartney, J O'Brien
MID: K Nolan, M Noble, J Collison, P Diop, R Morrison, G O'Neil, J Faubert, D Bentley, M Taylor
FOR: J Carew, N Maynard, R Vaz Te, C Cole, F Piquionne, S Baldock

....that squad is massive. Look at the depth of that midfield! The wages will be astronomical??

·
CULT OF PERSONALITY
21,014 Posts
GK: R Green, M Stech, R Boffin
DEF: G Demel, J Tomkins, W Reid, A Faye, G John, G McCartney, J O'Brien
MID: K Nolan, M Noble, J Collison, P Diop, R Morrison, G O'Neil, J Faubert, D Bentley, M Taylor
FOR: J Carew, N Maynard, R Vaz Te, C Cole, F Piquionne, S Baldock

....that squad is massive. Look at the depth of that midfield! The wages will be astronomical??
well the midfield does not flatter me much, and this team will require reinforcement if they reach EPL.

·
Registered
7,961 Posts
Its not known whether McCartney and Bentley will be kept on permanently from that squad. It has been confirmed that John wont be at the club next season.

Plus a striker or two will probably leave.

I would like to see some orthodox wingers come in. Probably a defender or two as well.

·
Registered
7,961 Posts
Carew, Faubert, Faye, Diop, Nouble and Lee have all been released.

Bentley's contract will also not be made permanent.

Whilst back-up keeper Henderson has joined from Pompey permanently.

Gold expects a busy summer so lets see who comes in. Things are looking promising atm with the players released.

·
Registered
7,961 Posts
Just a quick look over how the squad currently stands:

GK: Green, Henderson, Stech

RB: Demel, Spence, O'Brien?

CB: Reid, Tomkins

LB: Taylor

CM: Noble, Collison, Nolan, Morrison, O'Neill

RW: Sears?

ST: Cole, Vaz Te, Maynard, Baldock, Piquionne?

So 20 first team players as of now. The guys with question marks next to their names might not be there next season.

Of course quality is needed practically everywhere (apart from GK,RB and CM) but also quantity is really what this squad needs as well.

Im not sure where O'Brien fits into the team. Unless we move Spence or Demel to CB? then whats the point in keeping him. There have been rumours that Sears will be let go while i really hope Piquionne leaves. We have repeatedly been linked to another striker in any case and he dosent add anything that we dont already have.

The CM's im really happy with the selection there. We are in desperate need of some orthodox wingers though, at least 2. Jarvis would be nice for one.

In defence we really need a LB and at least one more CB. I put Matt Taylor as a LB because thats where i would like to see him end up and thats where i think he could be most effective.

·
Registered
7,961 Posts
A week out for the start of the EPL and the squad looks like this:

GK: Jaaskelainen, Henderson, Spiegel

RB: Demel, O'Brien, Spence

CB: Tomkins, Reid, Collins

LB: McCartney

CM: Noble, Nolan, Diame, Diarra, O'Neill

RM: Collison, Vaz Te

LM: Taylor, Jarvis

ST: Cole, Maiga, Maynard, Piquionne.