Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
25,902 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well ... this is probably the weekend we will lose our crown in what'll probably be a difficult match with WBA fighting for their survival. I don't know what the fitness of Henry and Ljungberg is at this stage, I doubt Thierry will play but Freddie may return, I don't know.

·
Xtratime's Head of Humour 2007
63,337 Posts
I hope Fred doesn't return, Fabregas is much better. :shades:

i think the team should stay the same, but Aliadiere should come on after 60 minutes to give him some hope.

·
Registered
1,125 Posts
Both Freddie and Henry are out on Monday! So it looks likely to be the same lineup again! Perhaps Sol will return?! ...but our defense has been solid as of late with Sendo and Kolo, so if it ain't broke don't fix it! Altho I would like to see this defensive lineup:

Kolo---Senderos---Sol---Cole

It's West Brom, perhaps we can get away with a bit of experimentation?!
Not sure I would like to see Dennis come in for RvP just yet, however I agree with Jern, I would like to see a lot more of Aliadiere, give him a chance to prove himself before he demands to go to PSG.

My lineup would be:

------------Lehmann
Kolo---Senderos---Sol---Cole
Fabregas--Gilberto--Vieira--Pires
---------RvP---Aliadiere

·
Registered
3,808 Posts
Wel win either way

·
Registered
9,441 Posts
Noway Reyes get's benched after last night display.

At best Aliadiere comes on as a sub for either DB 10 or RVP.

·
Registered
478 Posts
I think it is important for RvP to get as much time as possible on the field, he is an excellent striker of the ball and is a good sub when Henry is not available.

·
Registered
25,902 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Agreed, ravin. I think if we show even half the football we showed against Spurs we should comfortably win. Spurs, despite being shite, are streets better than Balis' mob so it makes no sense why we shouldn't win!

·
Registered
1,326 Posts
don't take any game for granted. they are fighting for survival and when teams have their backs to the wall they tend to play better than the talent that they have. west brom can be very dangerous.

·
Xtratime's Head of Humour 2007
63,337 Posts
agreed, and West Brom when i have seen them against Spurs were better both times and were really unlucky, i have been well impresssed with them since about two months ago,

having said that i'll go for a comfortable win.

·
Registered
9,441 Posts
It won't be easy as WBA are fighting for their lives in the relegation battle.

IMO at best 2-0 Arsenal

·
Registered
13,621 Posts
i hope we use this line up=

lehman

lauren---sol---sendo---cole

quincy-unlikely ----vieira---gilberto---pires

vanp--ali

i think quincy would do a good job on either left or right flank.

·
Registered
877 Posts
if you have any Henry Compilation post it please

·
Third Place Winner, December 2011 Photo Contest
12,813 Posts
We have a very tight defence (last time I said that we somehow condeded 4 at the riverside! :D). But goign forward, our strikers just cant cut it.
I needn't tell you about "cant score from 1 foot out infront of an open goal, OMFG I STILL cant believe he missed it!" Kanu, Kevin Campbell who bless him tries hard enough, Geoff "Caught offside more times than every other player on the pitch every game" horsfeild, and Robert "I shoot from anywhere" Earnshaw.

Thats why Gera or Richardson are our best threats coming forward from midfield.

Its a bad state of affairs for us to be in, we have This game on Monday and then United away on Saturday! And we need points! I imagine it'll be a nervy start for us, and we'll eventually lose 2-0.

I think we'll make it uncomfortable for Arsenal to play but I cant really see us troubling Arsenal too much, unless its one of those games where everything you do goes in :D
(I live in hope!)

1 - 20 of 46 Posts