Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
38,223 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
And Zabaleta is really a good player so...
And he has had Kompany who is way better than Hamann.

Today he has left Elano out of the squad. There is a clear falling out there, but the fact is Elano was the star of last season and Hughes has isolated him, and is trying to force him out clearly. We look so lob-sided today without Petrov. Against Schalke we were excellent with Sturridge on the left. Today we have Vassell playing anywhere but left-wing. Without Garrido we have nothing on that side, but it's not a case of him being injured, no Hughes has left out a left-back who has been in fantastic form this season :wallbang: He should come on as a midfielder and just bomb forward as much as possible. Why is Adam Clayton on the bench over Vladimir Weiss, Kelvin Etuhu and Shaleum Logan? Both offer width which is what we lack. Garrido is the only non-central player on the bench.

We'll lose today.

·
Registered
9,491 Posts
And he has had Kompany who is way better than Hamann.

Today he has left Elano out of the squad. There is a clear falling out there, but the fact is Elano was the star of last season and Hughes has isolated him, and is trying to force him out clearly. We look so lob-sided today without Petrov. Against Schalke we were excellent with Sturridge on the left. Today we have Vassell playing anywhere but left-wing. Without Garrido we have nothing on that side, but it's not a case of him being injured, no Hughes has left out a left-back who has been in fantastic form this season :wallbang: He should come on as a midfielder and just bomb forward as much as possible. Why is Adam Clayton on the bench over Vladimir Weiss, Kelvin Etuhu and Shaleum Logan? Both offer width which is what we lack. Garrido is the only non-central player on the bench.

We'll lose today.
Have to feel for you, cause Hughes is as big of an idiot as they come and the fvck-ups of him may cost you dearly in the following season. I mean after the diabolical start to the campaign its some sort of a christmas miracle you still have Hughes as a head coach.

·
Registered
9,491 Posts
Oh and wtf is Vassell still doing at your club ?

·
Registered
38,223 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
God knows, he has the first touch of a wall. He's just been caught offside, and still missed :rollani: He's an okay squad player but shouldn't start as much as he does.

We need to sub him for Garrido who looked good as a left winger last season for a few games.

·
Registered
9,491 Posts
Here you go.0-1 against West Brom.

·
Registered
38,223 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Told you so. Not enough players back from our own corner. Who is in charge of set-pieces? The ones we never score from either.

·
Registered
16,482 Posts
1-0 down with roughly 15 mins to go.

Dismal performance by both teams. Game being played at a snails pace, hardly any quality. West Brom probably edging it. I hope they win, TBH.

I just saw one of the worst crosses in my life from vassel just then. He's in the penalty area w/ no pressure and he skies it :howler:

I can see why Hughes is including him but good god is this guy a shocking footballer.

·
Registered
9,491 Posts
Loosing against the shittiest team in EPL surely means bye-bye to Hughes?

·
Banned
23,575 Posts
West Brown first goal what kind off defense allows such goal? And City has been suffering this sort of goal very often and whats worse early on, which means they are always playing games behing the score for most part.

The last thing they needed was Robinho, that money should have been put into defenders. Sad really :(

·
Fourth Place Winner, April Photo Contest 2008
3,512 Posts
Caicedo's goal was pretty awesome. You need another manager imo though, because you're playing too bad for the players you have.

·
Registered
16,482 Posts
I would persevere with Hughes. He's a proven manager and imo is the right man for the job. He's just going through a bad spell and he's not being helped by some of his squad's performances. and of course, injuries havn't helped.

Guy will get it right.

·
Registered
38,223 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
No, he's not Mutu. He's took a team who last season had one of the best defences in the league, improved the squad, and somehow ****ed it up. He's too used to managing teams with underdog status, namely Wales and Blackburn who are used to going into games not expecting to win. He cannot figure out how to break teams down, and some substitutions are incomprehensible, mainly like-for-like. We lack a left-winger when Robinho isn't on the pitch, it was painfully obvious that West Brom's right hand side was vulnerable (surprising as I rate Zuiverloon), yet he didn't play Garrido who is twice the attacker that Ball is.

When it all comes together it's fantastic, but that is currently a rare thing, and somehow the manager must figure out how to get the team to click because we're extremely disjointed. Players aren't played properly. Garrido and Zabaleta give us one of the best pair of attacking fullbacks in the league, so we need to defend through the centre to let them bomb forward. Personally I feel we should stop playing with wide midfielders like Chelsea do, and go for stability in the centre. Kompany and Ireland give a solid base, but Elano is frozen out. If he wants to persevere with SWP in the centre we should go for something like this:

---------------Hart
Zabaleta----Dunne--Richards---Garrido
-----------Kompany--Fernandes
-------SWP----------------Ireland
------------Robinho---Evans

1 - 20 of 26 Posts