Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
International
9,526 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well done the Albion, first time in the top flight for 16 years. I thought it was much longer. Gary Megson has done a cracking job there.

·
Registered
4,690 Posts
Ditto.

In this day and age of football boom and bust it is great to see that a club can reach the top with a relatively small outlay. I think they'll get pumped next season but they will have my support.

I'm a sucker for an underdog. A great British quality.

·
Third Place Winner, December 2011 Photo Contest
12,813 Posts
Cheers Guys.
I've been so nervous and sure we'd blow it, that I've kept my mind on other things.
But i got truly trashed yesterday and my heads been sore all day :dazed:

What a day for us, And to get one over on teh Dingles was just awesome. Especially after all the derogatory comments coming from Moulinex Custard Bowl, and from Clinton Morrisson.

We have a superb team spirit, and I think its odds on for us to be relegated, but I think we stand a chance of holding our own. We'll just have to see how our players adapt.
I think we need 3 more players, a def, an attackign midfielder and a striker.
We've already beaten 2 prem sides this season. So I think Alan Green is abit misguided in his scathing criticism, which hes now backtracking on after being inundated by Baggies fans. What a Goon.

Its our moment of glory and I'm loving it.
:cool: :cool: :cool:

·
Registered
9,811 Posts
Go West Brom! I'm sure you'll spend 30Million on stadium/players and get relegated! :D

·
12,813 Posts
Thou is jesting squire!

30mill, you'll be lucky if we spend £5m.

Strict control on wages and buying players from the board.
Just like we have for the last 2 years. We already have 3.5m sititng around waiting to be spent. Megson knows who he wants and where he wants to play them, and they have to be the right sort of player. So far only DD hasn't really lived up to a typical Megson signing. If there is one thing Megson knows its a bargain when he see it. I think we'll suprise a few next season.
We've had two of our best players out all season too. Appleton and Roberts.

·
Star Player
2,744 Posts
You write off Man City, West Brom and whoever else comes up at your own peril. Megson did an amazing job as they were almost relegated when he took over and two years later they're heading for the Premiership.

The reason West Brom and teams like Wolves, Birmingham or Norwich (whoever comes up) could do well next season is because they look to have sufficient preparation for Premiership life.

·
Registered
4,325 Posts
Great job West Brom looking forward to seeing you guys back in the EPL next season, and if you can take one thing out of the EPL this season is all the teams that came up last year will remain to see another season in the EPL.

·
Registered
9,811 Posts
I'm not writing off Man City at all, in fact i think they'll do well.

30mill, you'll be lucky if we spend £5m.
Fulham have spent £60-70million and they are still struggling.

·
Registered
2,091 Posts
i think they are a good bet for relegation next year :)D
( i am just kidding)
congratulations and good luck next season

·
12,813 Posts
I think the chance is always there of doing well.
One of the worst things you can do to a team just promoted is change half of it with new players, as it kills the team spirit.
Thats why I think GM will only buy about 3 players and they wont be guarenteed first team places.
maybe a CB / AMC / SC

Fulham have done so poorly as they have brought in so many new players, I think they'll do a lot better next season ater having chance to gel.

Bartle, thanks for AJ, what a steal. :D
It must be so frustrating having to sell all your best players.
Isn't thta Williams you've got supposed to be really good?

·
12,813 Posts
Actually thinking about it this is our best team

----------------Dobie--Roberts
-------Johnson---McInnes---Appleton
Clement --------------------------------- Balis
------Gilchrist---- Moore----Siggurdsson
---------------------Hoult

Other Strikers : Dichio, Taylor
Midfielders: Jordao, A Chambers
Defenders: Butler(CB), Lyttle(RB/LB), J Chambers(CB)

Out of those Des Lyttle will probably go, and Taylor will retire next season. I have my doubts about Siggy, and Butler is far to slow to play in the Prem, and we def need another good striker, as Roberts is always out injured.

So I think we will buy 1 Striker, 1 attacking midfielder(as we haven't really go one other than Johnson), and another CB, he may also buy a R/L wing back too as cover.
Clem, Gilly, Moore, Hoult, Dichio and Taylor are all ex-prem players.
McInnes used to play for Rangers. Appleton is from Man U's youth system, Roberts and Johnson are class very fast and tenacious, Johnson plays for Wales. Balis is a Slovakian international. Dobie was a steal from Carlisle under the noses of Arsenal.

So now there is no excuse for ignorance about our players.

·
Registered
115 Posts
It's nice to see a team like WB up in the play-offs and I hope they stay up, but I think they will be tipped to go down in 20th place, just below Millwall in 19th.

G

·
David Votoupal said:
You write off Man City, West Brom and whoever else comes up at your own peril. Megson did an amazing job as they were almost relegated when he took over and two years later they're heading for the Premiership.

Megson might not be at West Brom next season, especially after he basically slated the chairman and the board in the press.

I'm not writing off Manchester City's chances, I think they will do well next season. To tell the truth I don't know how well West Brom will do, I hope they stay up though.

I wish Fulham would go back down, I just hate everything about them.

·
Registered
2,756 Posts
Russell said:
Fulham have spent £60-70million and they are still struggling.
Which proves WBA have a good chance as money is not everything. :)
I really wish Brom all the best... very sympathic club! And believe me they will do well... u don't finish 2nd for nothing in Division One which is a tough league. :)

·
Registered
3 Posts
Don't write us off!!!

Don't wirte Man. City off next season! King Kev has done fantasic in his first season at Maine Road. He has brought in top quality signings like Benarbia, Berkovic, Macken and more recently, good ol' Peter Schmeichel. I think we'll finish Mid-Table and give United a run for their money on Derby Day! :tongue:

[/IMG]

WE ARE THE CHAMPIONS!

LONG LIVE KING KEV AND HIS MIDUS TOUCH!!! :D

·
Star Player
2,744 Posts
The gap between the Premiership and Division One is not as wide as it used to be or as they make it out to be. 2000-2001 proved that when Ipswich and Charlton did well, while there were three or four teams which were truly dire and didn't deserve to be there.

Division One is undoubtedly the most difficult competition anywhere on the world. It's virtually impossible for any club to live in there, and all dreams are either made or broken there. The good thing about this is that all teams involved become battle-hardened and better prepared for life at a higher level.

Every several years, some teams finally fall through the trapdoor and don't return for a long time. It's a cycle of freshening the Premiership which is happening now and will happen in several years' time. Teams like Sheffield United, Ipswich, Norwich, Man City, QPR and then Nottingham Forest, Sheffield Wednesday, Coventry and Wimbledon all finally fell after years of it being predicted... and with the exception of Ipswich and Man City, none of those teams have returned so far.

Which is why I'm glad Everton are staying up. Because if we did go down, we'd fall down very badly and never recover.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts