Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 165 Posts

·
Registered
6,353 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone! havent posted in here for a while....toooo lazy! ;) been working 7-6 every day in the city...which is an hours drive :rolleyes:

Anyway! what do u all hink of wes brown! against liverpool he held the defence together quite often and stopped several chances...he marked heskey and owen single handedly!

He is the perfect partener for Staam with Silvestre on thr left and a bew right back ( Kuffour of Munchen ;) )

He is an international standard player, The future looks good for england defence....LEft: Barry Centre: Woodagate, Rio, Wes Brown, Sol Right: G. Nev, Brown, Dyer!!

D

·
0 Posts
do you really think Alex will be soo silly to give wes brown up to other clubs when he's so talented and on the rise.:rolleyes: The day when he decides on such a stupid move will be the day he's gone CRAZY!!!!!!:mad:

·
Registered
708 Posts
It will be interesting to see what effect the emergance of Wes Brown will have on what was once the certain free transfer of Sol Campbell to ManU. For the defence, if I was Fergie, I would sell Johnsen and get Sol and use him, Wes, and Stam in a central defender rotation system. I would keep Gary Neville on the right and buy someone like Vincent Candela for the left. Then I would use P. Nev and Silvestre as backups.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Bullbog - I agree good call, but G Neville is definitely the weakest link (well apart from his brother) and I not just saying that because of the volleyball thing on Sunday. He really is ****E !! How he gets picked for England is a mystery - although he is a determined and committed guy - but, he is by no means a polished, talented footballer. We should get someone along the lines of Dyer, Carr - a geniune attacking option from that position !!

M

·
0 Posts
yep...i honestly think that wes brown is a WONDERFUL player and defender to be exact:):star:. Though many would think that strikers are the ones who help make the team...defenders are very IMPORTANT too !!!
i feel that he has put and is putting in a lot of effort as his role as a defender and a player for Man Utd... I think he is fine where he is and does not need to be sold to other clubs like arsenal:groan::yuck:. it 'll be a waste of his talents.

·
Registered
6,353 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
good to see alll you supporters from other teams coming in to congratulate and accreditate a good player...

I like the idea of Candela on the lef side, although i still think Silvestre is worthwhile ;)

G Neville...well i must agree he is becoming quite useless, i remember when he was young i used to model my defensive skills watching him, good going forward and technically a great defender....hers gone backwards in the past 3 years and no longer deserves an international or Man u cap!

Flat back 3 maybe??? Sol, Staam and Wes!!

Could be an option but our wingers of giggs and becks are so attacking the side weould be un balanced!!

·
Registered
6,353 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Change is good and yes KIA i still believe we need some new faces...

But i believe our full backs are bigger problems than our centre half...Just say we have Staam, Ronny Johnson,Ronny Wallwork and Wes all fit for the middle....

thats OK for NOW! but its on the left and right sides with only Silvestre, G Nev, P Nev and Irwin that really scares me....

I dont belive Sol Cambell is the right man, I wanted Carr from Spurs but he just re signed..

Maybe: Kuffor from Munich, Candela or lizarazu, warren Barton.. ( i know yoreu gonna give me **** bout him but i still think hes a good player )

·
Registered
44 Posts
Whats Happened to Brown???

I would really like to know what has happend to Wes Brown?? Since he is my favourite player at United.

At one stage it looked like he was going to have a permanent place in the England team,then a few bad games and an injury and he is out of the the whole picture.

Another thing that really anoys me is that Blanc has never been dropped.All of Uniteds superstars including Beckham, Scholes, Veron and even Barthez have been dropped.Why not Blanc??

He has played some shocking mistakes at the back,why not give other players such as Brown and O'shea a run??

·
Registered
441 Posts
Re: Whats Happened to Brown???

M_fetamine said:
I would really like to know what has happend to Wes Brown?? Since he is my favourite player at United.

At one stage it looked like he was going to have a permanent place in the England team,then a few bad games and an injury and he is out of the the whole picture.

Another thing that really anoys me is that Blanc has never been dropped.All of Uniteds superstars including Beckham, Scholes, Veron and even Barthez have been dropped.Why not Blanc??

He has played some shocking mistakes at the back,why not give other players such as Brown and O'shea a run??
He is fit again but can't break into the defence now - which has looked far more steady since he wasn't there.

I like Wes Brown - I hope he retruns to form and looks as assured as he was when he first broke into the team

·
International
9,526 Posts
Wes Brown: The injury saga continues

I've heard on the news that Wesley has now cracked his ankle and is going to be out for 3 months. What the hell is going on. Aren't the lads getting enough calcium? Why are our bones so brittle:depress: It ridiculous.

·
Registered
579 Posts
He took a hell of a knock from the Zala player. It's sad, though, because I don't think we've ever seen what he's capable of. Unfortunately, this was his best opportunity to mount a solid challenge for a starting spot but out for 3-months -- right in the thick part of the season -- he'll never get a run out.

I'd be surprised if this isn't his final season with United.:depress:

·
Registered
6,990 Posts
It's terribly sad for the young lad, and I just hope he doesn't suffer the same terrible fate that poor Rob Jones or Jamie Redknapp suffered.
He has without a doubt a lot of talent, but he needs a run clear of injuries, or it'll be a case of what could have been...

·
Registered
17,028 Posts
Fellas, i have to be honest. Wes Brown isnt that great. He has had injuries and so on and i understand that. But still, look at some of those mistakes in the CL last season. Personally i dont believe that Man U should rely on him to be a great centre back. Rio has joined who is a top defender, buy another. Forget Wes and if he becomes a top defender, well then you have backups for when you get injured.

But be serious about him, he hasnt dont anything for the club to suggest that he is going to be a Thuram, Nesta, Cannavaro, Rio type player.

its sad though, he is always injured!

·
Registered
8,253 Posts
i'm afraid i can't agree with you, CUG, Wes Brown would have been even better than Rio.........if he was never injured before..........remember brown was already a good defender b4 that injury which last for one year long????he was already superb and an england international....
each time when he tried to reach his top form and gain more international epxeriences, he is INJURED....not small one but usually big one

you said he made mistakes in CL, remember it was the FIRST time in his career to play in such a big game, even Nesta played awful in rome derby.................i don't think we should judge a player only depend on that few games in CL

Compared with Nevuile brother, they seldom injured, played a lot of big games and had been given million chances to improve............the one should quit is simply not wes but gary or phil

I'm sorry but i am really angry at someone who say brown is not good:(

·
Registered
2,934 Posts
Gary Neville has improved well over the last couple of seasons and his relationship with Beckham on and off the pitch is a benefit for the club.

1 - 20 of 165 Posts