Xtratime Community banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Even though my heart is red and black and things like this is supposed to make me and other millions of Milan, inter and juve fans as well. But really it only makes me sad because sooner or later Italian Football (which I love very much) is going to be a joke. Only 3 years ago Fiorentina was in the champions league, Now they are somewhere in the Seria B. We (as in Seria A fans) had 6 great teams that always made the league very exciting and very unpredictable. After fio Lazio were in danger of bankruptcy so they sold Nesta us and Crespo to Inter. Now Parma is bankrupt and selling all its star players to teams like Inter and Juve and Us. I wont be surprised if next year Roma get into some sort of difficulty and had to sell its stars to some big club. I am sure that Milan, Inter and Juve will still be strong but the others will go down. This a very saddening thing because countries like Spain and England could start boasting that they have the best league and blablabla. For a few years now we have been in competition with spl to which league is better. It’s a very sad. :depress: :depress:

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Its seems that only milan, juve and inter will be fighting for the top places if it keeps going the way it is right now.

·
Registered
28,190 Posts
I think that Serie A will have a adjustment period and soon it will be back on top (IMO we are still on top), Napoli and Fiorentina (2 big clubs) sooner or later will be back in Serie A

·
Registered
2,370 Posts
Napoli and Fiorentina (2 big clubs) sooner or later will be back in Serie A
fiorentina:sooner. this is very true
napoli:later. this is unfortunatelly very true too.

moths for us,years for napoli

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
But will u ever field a team that in its ranks hail batigoal, rui costa, Toldo. How will fio establish its self as one of the 6 sisters with out great players.

·
Registered
5,073 Posts
Obviously, its going to take some time for the Violas are any other of the traditionally super powers to rise to the level they were before.

IMO, it would be very difficult to repeat the old times of the seven sisters (not six).

To me Serie A is in a transition period and not likely to leave their mark as before with the possible exceptions of Juve, Milan and Inter and possibily Roma if they manage to avoid the dark clouds (which i hope they shall) that are forming. Also, the new rule "saving Calcio", which I very much disapprove off might help quite a few.

Of one team unfortunately I don't have high hopes i.e. Parma. They may still manage to remain in the Serie A but are not going to be the force they were for quite some time. Unless somebody does a Chelsea which is highly unprobable.

·
Registered
28,190 Posts
milano77 said:
Obviously, its going to take some time for the Violas are any other of the traditionally super powers to rise to the level they were before.

IMO, it would be very difficult to repeat the old times of the seven sisters (not six).

To me Serie A is in a transition period and not likely to leave their mark as before with the possible exceptions of Juve, Milan and Inter and possibily Roma if they manage to avoid the dark clouds (which i hope they shall) that are forming. Also, the new rule "saving Calcio", which I very much disapprove off might help quite a few.

Of one team unfortunately I don't have high hopes i.e. Parma. They may still manage to remain in the Serie A but are not going to be the force they were for quite some time. Unless somebody does a Chelsea which is highly unprobable.
We shall see. Saving Calcio will eventually hit even "abroad". It hit us first because "abroad" they "started" later.

·
Registered
2,370 Posts
But will u ever field a team that in its ranks hail batigoal, rui costa, Toldo. How will fio establish its self as one of the 6 sisters with out great players.
For me bati is a myth.One of the trully great so those guys are not easy to find.But i m sure that in the next 3,4 years(depends on if we get promoted this year) we will be able to field a team that will fight for a cl spot,you know start getting into the game again.

·
Registered
28,190 Posts
bati9 said:
For me bati is a myth.One of the trully great so those guys are not easy to find.But i m sure that in the next 3,4 years(depends on if we get promoted this year) we will be able to field a team that will fight for a cl spot,you know start getting into the game again.
I agree

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Lets hope so. But even right now teams like parma are becoming weaker by selling influential players like adriano and mybe even ferrier. Tell me more about this save calcio rule.

·
Registered
17,028 Posts
i think the EPL is heading as serie A is now. they are spending big and not many players are coming through the youth of the big clubs at the moment. they have potential players but still, none have come through like the united boys during the mid 90's.

Serie A has money troubles..especially when teams cant compete with milan, juve or inter with cash.

anyway, serie A is still good and i suppose european results suggest it. i know milan, juve and inter have been the only ones recently from serie A doing well in europe, but how many clubs from other countries have done that?

·
Super Moderator
13,646 Posts
Things like this actually happen all the time, everywhere. Some institutions do well, some don't. It's just how the market works.
Chelsea was very fortunate to get bought by Abramovich.
Fiore and Parma just were not that "lucky".

Of course, people will only invest their money if they see some potential, but serie A obviously has it.
The problem is that all the talking about referees buying and things like that will obviously make anyone think twice before getting involved.
It is just a matter of time .

·
Registered
15,670 Posts
Juve
Milan
Inter
-----------

this in-time will be classes above the rest...

the rest will be like what Udinese is now (no offence Arianna).

In one way it'll be stronger in the Europe becuase if the teams in Serie A isn't that good it won't take much of the above teams stamina while now (or earlier when there was the 7 sisters) a team got exhausted from the league match..hence why we (italian football) failed in europe cuz the league was too strong.

So for those who are Milan,Inter,Juvefans it will be exciting times..for the rest we'll (not sure of Parma) just play there so you have someone to play against.

Lazio will go down just like Parma...Roma can't hold on to it...

Even if Napoli comes to Serie A it won't change sh!t..they've been in Serie A nothing happened...

1 - 13 of 13 Posts