Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
38,252 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Seriously now... how does this man survive every time?

How does a manager with fantastic funds get away with insisting Giroud and Sanogo as your forward options are good enough? :googly:

Man City have 4 forwards and each one is better than Giroud and Sanogo combined.

Wenger ALWAYS makes sure we are 1-2 players away from winning the title.

Amazing how he still has a job.

·
Pepe the Beast
4,493 Posts
Can we change this to the

Tracking Wenger through a season thread?

Here we can keep all of the facts regarding Wenger's special choices as the manager. Whether good or bad we can atleast keep track of them and reference back to facts at the of the season.

I'll start here:

Offseason

1.) choosing Alexis Sanchez when it didn't seem he was needed.
result: to be decided at end of season

2.) effectively swapping Debuchy for Sagna and Chambers for Verminator. (the lower salaries offset the fact that we, as always, sell for practically nothing and manage to buy at a higher price if not a poor one)

3.) Believing Sanogo and Giroud can handle the CF position/ not purchasing a CF in the offseason.

4.) Believing Arteta and Flaminia can handle the DM position/ not purchasing a DM in the offseason

5.) Not purchasing a back up defender

Match decisions:

vs. Everton away:
a. playing Alexis Sanchez as CF, then taking off at halftime instead of Wilshere
b. Subbing in Giroud at half time rather than 60+

results:

a.) poor decisions
b.) good decision

·
Pepe the Beast
4,493 Posts
offseason

6.) letting Remy and Balotelli go to rival clubs for very affordable prices.
result: to be decided

vs. Liecester away:

1.) Letting Koscielny stay on after his head injury
result: poor decision

2.) Sanogo as starting forward
result: to be decided (but not looking good)

·
Pepe the Beast
4,493 Posts
Andy, Do you think Manchester United fans whined too much about Moyes too? or do you just subjectively see them as a superior club to Arsenal so the fans deserve/ should expect more? Or should they not expect to compete with Chelsea or United?

Give me a freaking break, just because you hold low expectations for Arsenal going forward doesn't mean we should as well.

·
1st Tier Poster
48,598 Posts
Andy, Do you think Manchester United fans whined too much about Moyes too? or they just a superior club to ours so the fans deserve more? Or should they not expect to compete with Chelsea or United?

Give me a freaking break, just because you hold low expectations for Arsenal going forward doesn't mean we should as well.
they are

also Moyes finished 7th and missed the CL by a country mile in case you didn't notice.

It's not like your club is in crisis...if you think things are really bad just look at ManU.

·
1st Tier Poster
48,598 Posts
of course Wenger is pretty clueless and naive tactically when facing top teams away...and yes, still not buying a decent goalpoacher is strange too. and yes, you're a bit short in DM department.

But other than that he's doing a good job.

·
Pepe the Beast
4,493 Posts
Why are they superior to our club?

They finished 7th last season as you said, we finished fourth and won the FA cup.

Why shouldn't we expect more effort from our board and manager?

Continue to talk out of your ass though while managing to not pull your support behind a club so you troll everyone else.

But other than that he's doing a good job.
To say this after mentioning the list above this, you must be missing a few screws. Buying players that a team clearly needs is about the easiest thing a coach can do.... Wenger's unwillingness to do this is disgusting, because it is clear we aren't producing youth players for these spots.

·
1st Tier Poster
48,598 Posts
Why are they superior to our club?

They finished 7th last season as you said, we finished fourth and won the FA cup.

Why shouldn't we expect more effort from our board and manager?

Continue to talk out of your ass though while managing to not pull your support behind a club so you troll everyone else.
they're bigger on the global scale and their brand value and income is much higher...they have won much more during the EPL era and still have tons of gloryhunters all over the world.

http://www.forbes.com/soccer-valuations/list/

·
Gooner
6,780 Posts
Doesn't matter about other clubs right now. He has £60M to spend tomorrow on a striker and DM, and that's what we expect.

Of course after winning a major trophy he's not going to be under any serious threat and this thread is classic Internet world exaggeration.

We are actually unbeaten in 13 games.

We can do a bit better though.

·
Registered
42,573 Posts
Andy is trolling. This is a guy who makes lots of posts expressing his disgust at clubs such as Monaco, Man City, ie clubs who have achieved success since being taken over by wealthy owners, so for him to say that a club such as Chelsea, which has achieved all this success since being taken over by Abramovich, is suddenly a bigger club than Arsenal, a club with so much history... :palm: good grief.

·
G☆☆ner Ѧ ♥
1,139 Posts
You're either an Arsene supporter or an Arsenal supporter, the two have not been compatible in my mind since 08/09 but now even the biggest AKB should see it.

They won't though.

·
1st Tier Poster
48,598 Posts
Andy is trolling. This is a guy who makes lots of posts expressing his disgust at clubs such as Monaco, Man City, ie clubs who have achieved success since being taken over by wealthy owners, so for him to say that a club such as Chelsea, which has achieved all this success since being taken over by Abramovich, is suddenly a bigger club than Arsenal, a club with so much history... :palm: good grief.
currently they are bigger...dunno what all this history aspect matters. I sympathize a lot with Arsenal BTW, it's my favorite EPL club.

BTW ManU signs Falcao today...I'm sure Arsene would love to have players like him or Diego Costa but he simply can't, because of your debt situation. :(

·
G☆☆ner Ѧ ♥
1,139 Posts
Even with a full squad of City like players, he’d still come up short because he’s no longer good enough. Great players can’t really hide old systems with poor tactics. They can’t hide poor preparation. They can’t hide a terrible approach to fitness.

I try to keep my sanity by telling myself there's only 3 more years of this, but knowing our club at the end of those 3 years the guy will probably get a new contract :howler:

·
Pepe the Beast
4,493 Posts
BTW ManU signs Falcao today...I'm sure Arsene would love to have players like him or Diego Costa but he simply can't, because of your debt situation.
You must be trolling about the debt right?

Man U has more debt to deal with than we do.

1 - 20 of 52 Posts