Xtratime Community banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6,529 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger thinks Alex Ferguson will make a mistake if he's selling Juan Veron after his poor first season in the Premiership.

The Argentine midfielder has not been a success at Man Utd since his record £28M transfer from Lazio before this season and has been heavily linked with a move back to Italy.

"I am personally convinced that the biggest problem in modern football is impatience with new players coming in," Wenger stated in an interview with SkySports.

"Players like Veron are huge players and he will make even more impact next season.

"Coming to England, playing a different football in a different culture, you need to give at least six months to anybody."

Article courtesy of footballbc.com

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
Veron has been played out of position a lot of times this season at Manu, he's not a defensive midfilder nor a winger, hr should be given more time to adapt, the thing is his price tag, it was very high, therefore great things are expected of him, plus he usually performs very well for the NT, heck, he was the MVP in this past qualifiers for us...

·
Registered
5 Posts
I think Wenger is right,. Even he bought some players and it took a long time for them to start performing, like Edu the Brazilian. And then there is the Japanese, inamoto. He has yet to start an EPL match....

The price tag put too much pressure on Veron, especially as Fergie needed to buy defenders, not a midfielder.

·
Registered
6,529 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Veron has had to adjust to new culture let alone a new team and that is a stressful transition in itself but I think that one of the main reasons that Veron may have under performed at Man.Utd is because of his positioning on the pitch, he is not given the role that he is so accustomed to.

·
Registered
271 Posts
Wenger is prolly trying to annoy Fergie because he knows Veron may never fit into ManUre's squad.

Wenger doesnt give two hoots about ManUre or Veron.

·
Registered
3,247 Posts
i have seen veron without selfconfidence. he barely touchs the ball. the doesnt dare to make his lethal passes. and i think his team matesl dont fully bealive on him.

he is not in charge of the creation, he has not been the strategist of the team. sometimes he even play behind keane. fergie is wasting some talent here.

anyway, he is not playing great, and i find him without selfconfidence, and thats essential to any player.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts