Xtratime Community banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
633 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wanted to ask how young Wendell was getting on and if he's played any games yet? I saw that he was named in the squad.

You might remember I asked about him a couple of months ago - well I had the chance to see him play in Cruzeiro's title winning game, and I thought he was excellent every time he got the ball he caused damage, and I could not understand why he was subbed? :confused:

Anyway how is he doing so far? Has he played, and if so, is he looking like future Selecao material? :)

·
Registered
3,009 Posts
He did well in the game against Paraguay, when he came in for Elano. Against Uruguay he was just ok, playing most of the second half in the left-back (Paulinho, a left-mid, came in for Maxwell and he was sent back to the ld).

He is a good player, great tactically. He can cross very well and helps a lot in the marking. He isn't as brillian as Diego, Kaká or even Paulinho skills-wise, though.

·
Cachorro
18,741 Posts
Meh. Wendell is basically a useful squad player, hardworking and tactically very useful, as Gallo pointed out. Not anything brilliant, and I frankly don't see him as future Seleçao material. But he's a pretty valuable club player. :)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts