Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Xtratime's Head of Humour 2007
63,337 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
http://www.wembleystadium.com/

I've just been having a nose round their site, it looks amazing if anyone hasn't yet seen the tour.

it was a lorra money and it's not even sure it will get fionished yet but itwill be worth it in the end, even though the team will still be shit at least we will have a world class stadium, even though no working man will be able to afford to get in.

obviously it will take 6 hours to get into the station and 9 to get out of the car park but let's look for the positives.

what are your thoughts on it ?

·
Winter is Coming.
8,131 Posts
It's beautiful.

I was amazed to see something this huge and hi tech... I already thought it was amazingly good, but then they said retractable roof.. WTF how much did this project cost?

That said it'll be a great stadium for the UK, as it was before.

·
Third Place Winner, December 2011 Photo Contest
12,813 Posts
It looks good.

I go past it every day on the tube.

Its probably going to be an utter rip off still to go there, £3 for a 500ml bottle of coke, £5 for a 50p burger, and £8 for a programme. Not to mention the £40 entrance fee no doubt.

·
Registered
38,223 Posts
Still think it should have been somewhere other than London. Its just a good job City will never go there, cos I can't be mithered travelling there. I hope they still do the England on the road thing. Every friendly should be away from Wembley, as should be matches against the shit teams like Azerbaijan and Scotland.

~ The Green ;)ne

·
63,337 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
there's no way they could have built it outside London, they would never have been able to charge such extortionate prices for the corporate side.

i heard the corporate side will take more money than the whole of the old Wembley did put together, that's inflation based. :eekani:

seriously it is going to be a rich mans stadium, but at least it will look nice on the telly :D and you can always go on a stadium tour. :lala:

D

·
0 Posts
I read in the paper (can't remember which one), that it's going to be twice the size of any other stadium in the world and three times bigger than the Millenium Stadium at Cardiff. Although it's going to be 90,000 in capacity, the leg room is very spacious for a stadium of it's size.

Is this true? (the bit in bold)

·
Registered
9,811 Posts
jaw dropping, i knew it was going to be special but not quite this special. It's incredible, it's going to be a huge money making machine, what with it's bars, restaurants,shops looking across london etc. It'll be a few years before i can go :( It's going to be extremely difficult to get a ticket, and of course very expensive.

Jern, do you pass wembley often? are they on schedule? i heard they were fitting the seats in already.

·
63,337 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
no i don't drive past it ever, i have seen the arch though a lot of times, i saw it in Shepherds Bush once which is miles away, if you get a high part of town i'd imagine you can see it for ever.

·
Third Place Winner, December 2011 Photo Contest
12,813 Posts
As I said I go past it every day on the tube.

Alas I cant see if any seats have been laid, but the damn tube lines are always up the spout cos of it :fero:

Northbound Jubilee not stoppng at Wembley Park currently, so it goes straight from Neasden to Kingsbury, then you have to go to the southbound platform (which is stopping at Wembley Park) and catch a tube south. Alternatively on the Metropolitan line from Finchley road the Northbound Met tubes DO stop at WP.

Oh its a mess at present.
God help anyone trying to get there now!

It certainly does look impressive when lit up at night.
But there is no facia on yet just mostly superstructure.

·
Registered
28,190 Posts
Are football matches actually going to be played here :confused:

·
Registered
38,223 Posts
no i don't drive past it ever, i have seen the arch though a lot of times, i saw it in Shepherds Bush once which is miles away, if you get a high part of town i'd imagine you can see it for ever
So? You can see the City of Manchester Stadium from the local park 10 miles away from the ground =\

~ The Green ;)ne

·
63,337 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
The Green One said:
So? You can see the City of Manchester Stadium from the local park 10 miles away from the ground =\

~ The Green ;)ne
yes but that's the Manchester wasteland, London has buildings in it. ;)

·
63,337 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
The Green One said:
Hey, we have the CIS tower dammit!

~ The Green :Dne
yes but is it in between this park and the COM stadium ? :D

·
Registered
4,432 Posts
I've only seen it a few times but I saw it on the way up to Old Trafford looks good!

Jern you saw it from Shepards Bush? But there's no good buildings there apart from the estates... you a little CHAV in disguise ;D?

·
63,337 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
JackoTheDon said:
I've only seen it a few times but I saw it on the way up to Old Trafford looks good!

Jern you saw it from Shepards Bush? But there's no good buildings there apart from the estates... you a little CHAV in disguise ;D?
i was passing ;) , don't worry i always keep my doors locked in West London, it's chav city for sure especially Fulham. ;)

·
63,337 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
JackoTheDon said:
It's actually Somalian city (but that's another story :?/ )

YOU CHAV
have you still got that pic of yourself with Mutu at the Chavski shop ? :shades: :D

1 - 20 of 22 Posts