Xtratime Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
17,861 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The competition for places in the team that will line up to face Chelsea "money grabbing superstars" is hotting up.
We have already had Lee Hendrie in the press worring whether he will get a place after a frustrating season plagued with injuries. He even said that this was a dream come true as he is 100% behind the club (what a kick in the teeth for the bluenose scum a.k.a Birmingham City, whom he supported as boy!).
Then there is Georgie Boateng, who is treading a fine line with his bookings at the moment...Georgie watch it we need you!!!!
Ian Taylor is fighting a battle with his injury which he picked up in the semi final hoping to come back for the final! (C'mon Ian...we need you my claret and blue chum! :))

Then today JG turned the temperature up that little higher, by stating that No one except Gareth Southgate has a starting position secured...yeah like you ain't gonna start with Carbone or Merse, with the form they are showing! (Mind you with his biased towards JJ...who knows :()

·
Registered
4,932 Posts
You sceptic Nat.
How are you??
I agree that Mers and Carbone have to start as well as Dublin (he has to score more for my ff).
By the way, how is Thomo, I thought he was a cracking player.
Lee Hendrie is brilliant too (had him for ff last year) and deserves all the luck he can get.

·
Registered
17,861 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ok Pool, enough of the Nat and more of the Talya...I have a hatred of being called Nat! :)

I'm very skeptical about the final because Chelsea are going to hammer us! :(

As for the front line-up, it really has to be what you said, with JJ coming on as a sub if things don't go well! He really is more of a super sub than starting player in my eyes!

As for Lee Hendrie, I rate him really highly as a footballer, but he is going to find it difficult to get into the team as he plays the same sort of role as Merse, and with Taylor and Boateng such a good combo together there isn;t a lot of room for him! :(

As for Thommo, he's ok...but not a brilliant player and he cannot hold a place in the team down, although he has done well recently when put on! He is also on the transfer list if I remember correctly!

E

·
0 Posts
Talya....

Villa can beat anyone on the day.
You will notice that when we will beat Man utd the 14.

Talya...you so ever faitfull Villain....how did you rate Ghrayib against Sunderland?

Should he get a Wembley place?

Thommo is not on the transferlist...not the way he is playing now. But the rumour said that we were willing to listen to offers....

If he can score, (more than you can say about Hendrie...he only scores in U-21 and in friendlies....bagged 4 lately) then he should start ahead of Hendrie...

Midfield:
Thommo/Hendrie, Boateng, Merson
Att.
Carbone, Dublin

SUB: Joachim....ONLY SUB...grrr

·
Registered
17,861 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Have to disagree with you here!! Thommo is no where near better than Hendrie! Lee Hendrie does more than score while Thommo doesn't! Lee has trickery and guile to his game but Thommo has an occasional shot and that;s it! Oh, I thought Thommo was on the list...maybe I just heard that we were listening to offers!

My midfield:

Hendrie, Boateng, Taylor (he'll make it :)), Merse!

Attack:
Beni and Dion.

I did not see the Sunderland game...not made it up to Villa Park since before Wembley (slap!) But I wouldn't have though he'd make the team....no one seems to think he was outstanding who I have spoken to!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts