Xtratime Community banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
6,529 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
....of how to qualify for the Olympics..;) Anyway as they will be at home enjoying the sun.. we'll hopefully be doing well enough to win the gold in Athens..

AGUANTE LA SELECCION Y EL FUTBOL ARGENTINO!!!

·
Registered
3,009 Posts
Try hard, because you haven't win a gold medal in the Olympics for about 50 years...

And let's exchange the tapes, you send me these ones you mentioned and I send you "how to pass the first round of the World Cup".

Just kidding, I'm a big fan of the Argentinian football as well.

·
Registered
5,571 Posts
Roberto Gallo said:

Just kidding, I'm a big fan of the Argentinian football as well.
Actually, so am I. I watch more Argentina football than European...

I'll be watching Argentina in the Olympic games, they will have a very good and exciting team.
Will I support them? I wouldn't go that far... :D

·
Cachorro
18,741 Posts
Congratulations for the Argentinean team for doing their job, and qualifying as their fans expected. Fortunately, the useless bunch of bums that represented Brazil in this pre-Olympic tournament won't have the opportunity to embarass us in the Olympic Games themselves. :thumbsup:

Cheers, and good luck in the Olympics.

·
Banned
23,575 Posts
czar said:
....of how to qualify for the Olympics..;) Anyway as they will be at home enjoying the sun.. we'll hopefully be doing well enough to win the gold in Athens..

AGUANTE LA SELECCION Y EL FUTBOL ARGENTINO!!!
I pray to god you guys win the gold, hell how many years since you won a gold medal? 20/30 years??

:howler: :howler: :howler:

·
Banned
37,734 Posts
Czar,

Congratulations dude...... i hope for a very bad luck for you guys in the Olympics;)

It was somewhat good to get disqualified as we won't be able to see these bunch of sissy primadonnas embarass us again..... playing with no effort or heart.

Now just in 2008:cry: :cry: :cry:

·
I Need More Cowbell!
7,047 Posts
Ze da Fiel said:
Czar,

Congratulations dude...... i hope for a very bad luck for you guys in the Olympics;)

It was somewhat good to get disqualified as we won't be able to see these bunch of sissy primadonnas embarass us again..... playing with no effort or heart.

Now just in 2008:cry: :cry: :cry:
Oh, you're not getting off this easy, Ze (and co). When we didn't qualify for the Sidney Olympics you wouldn't let us off the hook!

Bwahahahaha! The mighty Brazucas will be watching us win the gold from all nice and comfy from your home! :howler:

This is just a preview on what's going to happen in the WC qualies. :howler:

·
Banned
37,734 Posts
Loco,

YOu don't want us to remember WC 2002, do you??:tongue: :D :D :D

It's just a learning experience.... we will be back:tongue:

SEE YOU IN JUNE.... for the REAL thing:fero: :fero: :devil: :devil: :devil: :devil:

·
Registered
4,786 Posts
Poor Ronaldo:tongue: :tongue:, in the first week of the new year he declared that he wants to win the olympic gold medal and beat Argentina in June. For the olympic thing.. the boys didnt help him and for the June thing, I hope our mens will take care of him :devil:

·
Registered
6,529 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Below article courtesy of FIFA.COM. Let's not forget that Cavenaghi, Coloccini and Arca were also not released by their clubs.

Argentina, undisputed champs

Marcelo Bielsa's side arrived in Chile minus many of their "European" stars, players of the calibre of Javier Saviola, Andrés D'Alessandro, Maximiliano Rodríguez and Leonardo Ponzio, who were all retained on club duty. The Albicelestes fielded a solid outfit regardless and proceeded to scoop the fourth Olympic qualifying tournament crown of their history, erasing the bitter memory of their absence from Sydney 2000. The team looked strongest in defence, thanks to fine contributions from Nicolás Burdisso, Leandro Fernández and Gonzalo Rodríguez. Even so, they still ended the tournament as the highest-scoring side, with a final goal tally of 16 strikes to just seven conceded.

"If we compare our team's performance with that of the other nine sides taking part, my view is that we got our just reward for being the best," concluded Bielsa after Argentina’s qualifying campaign .

Argentina got off to a flying start in the first game of the final round, getting the better of arch rivals Brazil (1-0). Osmar Ferreyra's cross for Gonzalo Rodríguez to connect with the sweetest of headers confirmed an attacking option tried and tested at the FIFA World Youth Championship UAE 2003. In the second game, Paraguay gave the Argentineans a run for their money and came close to bagging all three points themselves. However, substitute Luciano Figueroa's timely entrance turned the game around for the Albicelestes (2-1). The striker, who has recently joined Mexico's Cruz Azul, headed home twice in quick succession in the dying minutes and thereby booked his nation's passage to Athens 2004. The final clash in Viña del Mar against the hosts, whose hopes of qualifying had already been dashed at that stage, assured them the title in a largely uneventful game, apart from a penalty save from Wilfredo Caballero in the closing stages (2-2).

If all that was not enough, Marcelo Bielsa's charges also carried off the Fair Play Award for picking up just 15 yellow cards and a single red, the result of Mariano Gonzalez's double

1 - 18 of 18 Posts