Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
3,755 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Inter finally managed to not completely embarrass themselves in the 2nd round of Champions League. With that horrible start they could´ve just laid down and died and lost with 4 or 5 goals, but finally they showed some pride and took the game to United.

For once we played an OK ball possession game. Last year vs Liverpool we couldn´t do nothing with the ball. Mourinho has many faults, but overall you can´t say nothing but that it has been a major improvement since last couple of seasons CL-campaigns considering the players he bought has pretty much not contributed with nothing.

Playwise Inter deserved a draw today, but United were more clinical in front of goal and deserved to go through.

·
Registered
16,208 Posts
Inter finally managed to not completely embarrass themselves in the 2nd round of Champions League. With that horrible start they could´ve just laid down and died and lost with 4 or 5 goals, but finally they showed some pride and took the game to United.

For once we played an OK ball possession game. Last year vs Liverpool we couldn´t do nothing with the ball. Mourinho has many faults, but overall you can´t say nothing but that it has been a major improvement since last couple of seasons CL-campaigns considering the players he bought has pretty much not contributed with nothing.

Playwise Inter deserved a draw today, but United were more clinical in front of goal and deserved to go through.
no they didn't

United dominated most of the game and had 2 total misses of the season from O Shea and Berbatov

the fact that you create 4 chances doesn't magically mean you deserve something - you have to put the thing in the back of the net which Ibrahimovic again showed he isn't capable of doing at CL level

we'd actually be better off not playing Ibrahimovic in the knockout stages of the CL because all he does is waste chances

·
Banned
3,899 Posts
****ing joke of a team.

Moratti must be ripping his hair out atm.

So this is what he is still paying Mancio for, wasted 50m in the summer and made Mourinho the highest paid coach in the world for :howler:

Jesus christ, what a farce.

We cant even score a single goal.

Give me a ****ing break, we got forward because United let us forward, this is the way they play in CL knockoutstages when they get the lead.

Cant believe the loser mentality here, "we did a good job, hit the post", give me a ****ing break.

·
Registered
4,250 Posts
****ing joke of a team.

Moratti must be ripping his hair out atm.

So this is what he is still paying Mancio for, wasted 50m in the summer and made Mourinho the highest paid coach in the world for :howler:

Jesus christ, what a farce.

We cant even score a single goal.

Give me a ****ing break, we got forward because United let us forward, this is the way they play in CL knockoutstages when they get the lead.

Cant believe the loser mentality here, "we did a good job, hit the post", give me a ****ing break.

Actually, going by your rational, if any one has a "loser" mentality its you. All you do is complain and bitch. Granted, some of what you say, makes sense. Though we already know about the bad transfer season, and our deficiencies from the countless other times you have complained about them.

However, in regards to this game, we played well against superior opposition, as you have mentioned a million times. There is no shame in what we did, and we were very close to scoring.

·
Registered
8,038 Posts
This is the least depressed I have been from a CL exit in many years. It used to always be frustrating heartache, but this year I felt we actually put up a fight. Yes, we lost, but it was a performance I can at least be proud of. We are moving in the right direction and next year with replacements for Figo and Viera we have a solid chance of putting up a strong display in the CL next year.

·
Mourinho & Cassano!!
45,797 Posts
I agree with Manta, no heartaches b/c we went out to a deserved and good team and we played our hearts out and gave a great performance.

·
Registered
14,769 Posts
Mixed emotions here today.

Some of you guys are too leniant here, in the real world none of these improvement really matters unless you get a result; if you get a 40 on your first exam and you get a 50 on the second, sure you can pat youself in the back for the improvement, but in the big picture, you still failed.

Italian champions shouldn't have to rely on pride and luck. It's alright, a couple of signings here and there, we'll get there.

·
1st Tier Poster
50,012 Posts
Actually, going by your rational, if any one has a "loser" mentality its you. All you do is complain and bitch. Granted, some of what you say, makes sense. Though we already know about the bad transfer season, and our deficiencies from the countless other times you have complained about them.

However, in regards to this game, we played well against superior opposition, as you have mentioned a million times. There is no shame in what we did, and we were very close to scoring.
"Played well" :rollani:

You're the champions of Italy and didn't score a goal in 180 minutes of football nor ever looked like being close to going through.

·
Registered
14,769 Posts
Losers.... Loser fans, like loser teams.

Im the only exception it seems.

Absolutely disgusting attitude here :yuck:
No i think red shares the absolute same view.

You're the champions of Italy and didn't score a goal in 180 minutes of football nor ever looked like being close to going through.
Exactly, like i said, the italian champions shouldn't have to rely on luck and pride to be motivated in a game like this.

·
Banned
3,899 Posts
"Played well" :rollani:

You're the champions of Italy and didn't score a goal in 450 minutes of football nor ever looked like being close to going through.
fixed, its 5 straight knockout games now, without scoring.

But yea, it was obviously mancini's fault still is because Mourinho is just using Mancio team.... wait something isnt making sense...:rollani:

I cant think of a fan group i hate more than Inter fans.

·
Registered
23,869 Posts
Mixed emotions here today.

Some of you guys are too leniant here, in the real world none of these improvement really matters unless you get a result; if you get a 40 on your first exam and you get a 50 on the second, sure you can pat youself in the back for the improvement, but in the big picture, you still failed.

Italian champions shouldn't have to rely on pride and luck. It's alright, a couple of signings here and there, we'll get there.
Why be upset? We have a shitty squad and being kicked out by Manchester United was quite expected. We did so in a less embarrassing way than I had imagined. So I don't really feel the need to get all cranky about the loss.

Here is another analogy that suits this situation. One could look at Inter as sort of a retard. One the first exam he doodled some pictures on the paper instead of answering the actual questions. This year he answered the questions but got most of them wrong. You don't lambast the little retard for this improvment, instead you say 'well done kiddo, if you buckle down and work hard you'll do even better the next time'.

·
Banned
3,899 Posts
Here is another analogy that suits this situation. One could look at Inter as sort of a retard. One the first exam he doodled some pictures on the paper instead of answering the actual questions. This year he answered the questions but got most of them wrong. You don't lambast the little retard for this improvment, instead you say 'well done kiddo, if you buckle down and work hard you'll do even better the next time'.
Brilliant :drunk:, but you know what? In the end he is still a retard. So its all worth jack shit.

·
Registered
14,769 Posts
One could look at Inter as sort of a retard. One the first exam he doodled some pictures on the paper instead of answering the actual questions. This year he answered the questions but got most of them wrong. You don't lambast the little retard for this improvment, instead you say 'well done kiddo, if you buckle down and work hard you'll do even better the next time'.

I wouldn't use retardation because retardation isn't something you can grow out of, let's just say we are extremely stupid.

And the point is we've extremely stupid for a LONG-ass time. Improvements are too slow, not that i expect to win CL this season.

·
Registered
14,769 Posts

I know what you are saying but Nacka, in the real world and in the past, it doesn't matter if you get a 40 or a 60, or a fricking 69.99, if you dont hit the mark, you failed. And millions and millions of transfer dollars ain't gonna refund to your bank account just coz you were close or you improved. It's not my money, but still, would it be so much to ask for advancing pass round 16?

·
Banned
3,899 Posts
I simply cant wait for Moratti to give an interview.

He must be absolutely fuming with anger.

Spending close to a 100m€ in this whole mourinho farce and got absolutely nothing to show for it :howler:

1 - 20 of 29 Posts