Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Banned
6,222 Posts
Juve should definitely want Milan up next... because they don't want them in the finals. Milan would be best in the next stage. If not Milan then Bayern since Juve already beat them twice this year (thanks to Ale), they know them well.

·
Registered
17,579 Posts
Milan.

·
Registered
22,168 Posts
I saw Milan yesterday, and I DEFINATELY do not want Milan. There's only one thing I want more than kicking Milan out of the tournament, and that is winning the tournament. Milan are very, very good.

PSV is a dream. So is Liverpool.
Worst is Chelsea and Milan.
Lyon would be a REALLY, REALLY tough draw as well - especially as we could well lose and then every nutter without a clue would say "hey- it was only Lyon" :groan: .
Inter.... well... over two matches I think we'll take them out. Or more likely yet- they'll find a way to self destruct ;).

·
Banned
6,222 Posts
ToniSamp said:
As a supporter of Italian teams (in Europe): anyone but Milan or Inter.
You should want the Italian teams to face each other because that insures that one will pass to the next stage. Otherwise, all 3 can fall down in the quarters. Anyway, it's a consideration. I'm also a supporter of the Italian teams but I don't want to see Juve-Lyon, Milan-Chelsea, Inter-Bayern and somehow lose all 3.

·
Registered
5,415 Posts
It'd be too boring to play Juve twice more :groan:

You guys should hope for PSV. They're very Juve-like, but with lesser players.

·
Registered
293 Posts
I think we should take Chelsea head on. IF we can scrapped through it then we are destiny for it. If we dun, why even bother to go into the final only to facae Chelsea again. If we killed off chelsea, then we will have an edge in term of mentalities than other teams.

·
Registered
418 Posts
Angie said:
Ow please, save Chelsea for Mutu. ;)
Hoping for PSV.
Agreed on both points, though I'd be heavy-hearted to see my fellow Koreans being knocked out/knocking us out of Europe

After the Real match today I was pondering the somewhat realistic possibility of Mutu playing in the final against Chelsea. I don't know how adventurous Capello would be with a player who hasn't played with our squad before, but it'd be an absolute fairytale if he scored the winner against them in the final :howler::thumbsup::star:

·
Registered
4,270 Posts
So the choice:

Liverpool
Chelsea
Bayern
Lyon
PSV
Milan
Inter or Porto

I don't want Milan as an Italian and also because they are in top form. Remember, it doesn't matter how teams have performed or whether they look good on paper - a lot comes downs to form and luck.

Chelsea and Milan look the best at the moment - but if you picked the team that looked the best at the quarter final stage you would have got your prediction wrong every time except when Real was the dominating force. You would have thought it was Milan last year, you would have thought it was Barcelona the year before and so on.

I would like PSV to be our opponents. I think we would do well against a dutch style of play.

But who cares.....its out of our hands. I think Inter could do well in the Champions League this year but I know they will lose against either Milan or us. If Milan and Juve go out of the next round, Inter have a good chance of winning it.

·
MVP
8,990 Posts
I think after Real Madrid we deserve some sort of a break with PSV, though honestly I don't reckon any of the 1/4 finalists to be a push over or walk in the park...

Maybe to hit back at a few friends (and a relative) back home, I'd surely like to beat Liverpool. :hopefull:

·
Registered
17,028 Posts
i dont think anyone should be taken lightly. i dont care who we get to be honest...obviously milan and chelsea are the teams one would want to avoid, but i dont want english opposition in liverpool either.

even though we beat real madrid, im still not overally confident with our performances. we still lack good offensiveness in our game, and i think thats a problem when facing these teams left in the CL.

·
6,645 Posts
I want Juventus to face Chelsea and then play Milan in the final. The two best teams in Europe.

1 - 20 of 55 Posts