·
Registered
45,032 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
aka Mark Henry! Here's his theme song:

·
Registered
23,667 Posts
LOL, I guess we're just collecting mediocre wingbacks at this point. We should get Zabaleta and re-sign Jonathan as well.

·
Registered
14,125 Posts
Is he going to part the Red Sea for y'all?

·
Registered
59,326 Posts
LOL, I guess we're just collecting mediocre wingbacks at this point. We should get Zabaleta and re-sign Jonathan as well.
Zabaleta was pretty good for City but obviously an oldie now

This might be an unpopular opinion but I don't think Jonathan was bad. He was ok.

·
Registered
59,326 Posts
Report: Moses has signed with Inter
By Football Italia staff

Victor Moses has allegedly put his signature on a deal with Inter, who have agreed a loan deal with Chelsea and an option to buy the Nigerian for €12m.
Moses passed his medical at Inter this morning and has signed a contract with Inter, moving from Chelsea to reunite with Antonio Conte.
Now, only the necessary paperwork from Fenerbahce have to be completed in order to make the move official. Gianluca Di Marzio reports that it might happen tonight or tomorrow.
The 29-year-old has played for Fenerbahce since he moved to Turkey on loan in January 2019, but now Chelsea have agreed to cut the deal short and make way for a move to Inter.
The Nigeria international arrives after some serious injuries to his thigh, restricting him to a mere 23 games for Fenerbahce, and the medical was very important for the Nerazzurri.
He will come on loan to Inter with an option to buy for €12m this summer and travelled to Milan on Monday night to help speed up the completion of the transfer.
Conte has already brought Ashley Young to San Siro this January and after securing Moses, the future of Valentino Lazaro could be elsewhere.
The left-back brought in from Hertha Berlin last summer, has been linked with a move to RB Leipzig and Newcastle this week and his representatives met with the Magpies last weekend.

---

We may not go for Giroud now as Moses can play upfront. So he is a player Conte knows and rates, has experience, cheap and can play in more than 1 position.
I wonder if him or Young will start v Cagliari on Sunday..

·
Registered
23,667 Posts
Zabaleta was pretty good for City but obviously an oldie now

This might be an unpopular opinion but I don't think Jonathan was bad. He was ok.
Yeah, I really liked Zabaleta in his prime. He was a solid player. But as you say he's an oldie now.

And Jonathan was also okayish for the most part.

My point was that we seem to sign a lot of wing players that don't really improve our starting eleven (hopefully I'm proven wrong). It appears as if we're going for quantity rather than quality.

·
Registered
45,032 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Reactions: TTM

·
Registered
16,005 Posts
Jonathan was atrocious

·
Registered
59,326 Posts
VICTOR MOSES SIGNS FOR INTER

The Nigerian wing-back has joined the Club on loan with an option to buy

23/01/2020
wing-back has joined the Club on loan with an option to bu

MILAN - Victor Moses is officially an Inter player. The 29-year-old Nigerian has joined the Nerazzurri on loan with an option to buy.
The thread that binds Victor Moses to the ball is infused with passion, deep meaning, joy and suffering. It’s a story of courage and determination, of enormous strength and character. He once played on the streets of Kaduna, Nigeria, the place where he was born. Here, come rain or shine, a barefooted Moses would run with the ball at his feet. And on one of those days, when he was accelerating and dribbling, something happened that would change his life forever: he suddenly found himself without his father Austin and mother Josephine, both of whom were killed in their own home during religious riots. On that exact day, Moses, who was not at home precisely because he was playing football with friends, was forced to grow up. He hadn’t even turned 12.

He then set off for England. It was the beginning of a new life in South London, one which was marked by two requirements: to be strong and never give up. To help him along the way, he had an innate ability to play with the ball between his feet and overwhelming physical power that allowed him to be the dominant figure when up against his peers. After getting involved in local football, he was soon discovered by Crystal Palace. At a young age, he began to dominate. Quite literally. Many still remember the final of the 2005 Under-14 FA Youth Cup, with Whitgift winning 5-0 thanks to five goals from Moses. Three years and over 100 goals later, he made his debut for Palace’s first team.

This is how his path in English professional football began. He moved to Wigan in 2010, where he debuted in the Premier League, before making a big step forward in 2012 when he was signed by then European champions Chelsea. During his first season at The Blues, he scored ten goals in 43 matches, winning the UEFA Europa League in the process. But this wasn’t enough to convince Chelsea’s new boss. So, with his usual determination, Victor rolled up his sleeves and went again. Loan spells at Liverpool, Stoke City and West Ham followed.

When Antonio Conte became Chelsea’s Coach in 2016, a new chapter began in Victor Moses’s career. He became an important part of the current Nerazzurri Coach’s side, contributing to the Blues’ 2016/17 Premier League triumph and FA Cup success in 2018. Over two seasons, he played 78 times, scored eight goals and provided eight assists. Conte used him out wide in midfield, whereas in the two years prior to this he’d often been used as an out-and-out winger or a second striker. More recently, Moses has spent time at Fenerbahce in Turkey.

On an international level, Moses played for all of England’s youth teams, also finishing as the top scorer at the U17 European Championship. In 2012, however, he made the decision to play for Nigeria, the country where he was born. He’s since scored twelve goals in 38 matches for the Super Eagles and taken part in two World Cups. Most notably, he won the 2013 Africa Cup of Nations, at which he left his mark with an assist for the winning goal in the final.

Fast and determined, shy but aware of his abilities: Victor Moses, who possesses a great affinity for the ball, knows that every time he’s taken to the pitch, his father Austin and mother Josephine have been watching on proudly. And now he’s ready to start a new adventure. He’s the eighth Nigerian player in Inter’s history and follows in the footsteps of big names like Nwanko Kanu, Taribo West and Obafemi Martins.

On behalf of the Nerazzurri family, we’d like to wish Victor all the very best!

#WelcomeVictor!

·
Registered
59,326 Posts
MOSES: "AN HONOUR TO BE PART OF THIS PROJECT, THE OBJECTIVE IS TO MAKE OUR FANS PROUD"
The 29-year-old wideman's first words to Inter TV: "I've already spoken to the Coach and can't wait to start making a contribution"
23/01/2020

MILAN – With his move to the Nerazzurri now official, Victor Moses has become the eighth Nigerian player in Inter’s history: “It’s an honour for me to be here and be an Inter player. I’d like to thank everyone for the welcome I’ve been given, I can’t wait to start,” were his first words to Inter TV.
The 29-year-old wideman is teaming up with Antonio Conte once more after the pair worked together at Chelsea: “Having the opportunity to work with the Coach again is something I’m really happy about. I’ve spoken to him and he’s already explained the Club’s project to me. I want to be part of it, I’m happy to be here. I’ll give my all and want to help the team. There’s a lot of quality here, I want to make my contribution out on the pitch and enjoy myself. That's the most important thing.”
Moses also commented on the city of Milan: “It seems like a nice city, I’ve liked what I’ve seen up to now. I think I’ll enjoy it here and we’ll have a great future together. I have positive feelings.” Finally, he had a message for the fans: “I’m going to need time to find my feet but I want to help the team win as many games as possible. We’ll do all that we can to achieve our objectives and make our fans proud.”

1 - 11 of 11 Posts