Xtratime Community banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
6,529 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, this forum is just being initiated. Some ground rules: The players discussed can be from anywhere in the world, but they should be 23 years old or younger.

There, are so many talents coming up in world football, but who will be the players making headlines in the next five, ten or even fifteen years? What are the qualities that these talented players possess? Where will they be transferred to? How are certain countries doing in youth tournaments? This is the ideal forum to discuss all these questions and any other topics related to the future stars of the game.

If you wish to publish youth lists on specific countries, you may also do so.

·
Xtratime Allstar
9,820 Posts
what is your top 10 youth list in argentina?
my top 10 is like this:
1 javier saviola
2 juan riquelme(24)
3 pablo aimar
4 marcelo gallardo(24)
5 daniel montenegro
6 walter samuel
7 fabrizio collucini
8 leandro romagnoli
9 gabriel milito
10 alfredo moreno
what do you think?

·
Xtratime Allstar
9,820 Posts
i alredy know this,i check the site every day.......

·
Registered
6,529 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks, adriaan I have been checking that site, for quite a long time. You are right it is very good. :)

·
Registered
6,529 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
nasty nick, I think your list certainly shows some of the emerging talents from Argentina. Riquelme by the way is still only 21 and will turn 22 on 24/6/00. My top ten would consist of the following players:

Juan Riquelme
Pablo Aimar
Javier Saviola
Leandro Romagnoli
Walter Samuel
Aldo Duscher
Sebastian Mendez
Ernesto Farias
Alfredo Moreno
Facundo Quiroga

[This message has been edited by czar (edited 20-05-2000).]

·
Xtratime Allstar
9,820 Posts
for which team does ernesto farias play for?

·
Registered
6,529 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Farias, plays for Estudiantes De La Plata, he will only turn twenty on May 29th.

He scores league goals regularly. For example in 11 matches this season, has scored 7 goals. He has played for Argentina's youth teams U-17, U-20, U-21, U-23. An excellent forward with long term potential.

·
Registered
2,932 Posts
just wondering if their are any insights on a player that plays for BARI by the name of DelGrosso, Alessandro..I believe he plays midfield..
Is this player any good..??

·
Registered
6,529 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I think that Del Grosso, is actually more of a defender or defensive midfielder. He was with Salernitana last season, but they were relegated last year to the Serie B, so he joined Bari. He's about 28 years old. Seems, to be a reliable player with good technique.

Andrea Cassano who also plays for Bari, is highly rated. This guy has shown great promise, he is very skillful, has pace and an excellent understanding of the game, he'll only turn 18 this Summer. I think that Juventus, have first option to purchase, when Bari finally sell. I think that he is one of Italy's brightest stars.

·
Registered
5,550 Posts
i know a 15 year old who plays for a club in milan when I went he was a superstar in every word. His name was Alex Perzurri

·
Registered
4,552 Posts
Thanx, Czar.
And a question, though I should ask it in Argentina forumm.

What was River's attack in the last months?
______________Saviola
______________Aimar

or

________Saviola_______X
________________Aimar

or something else?Was there any forward partnering Saviola?

·
Registered
5,550 Posts
It was :

-------------------------Aimar------------------------------

------------------------Saviola-----------------------------

·
Registered
6,529 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Well Aimar was sold to Valencia and always played right behind the forwards. Juan Angel of Colombia used to partner Saviola up front but he was sold to Aston Villa.

So since the beginning of this season Martin Cardetti has partnered Saviola up front. In 12 matches this season they have combined for a total of 15 goals.

[Edited by czar on 19-04-2001 at 18:03]

1 - 17 of 17 Posts