Xtratime Community banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
14,298 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
no more "welcome to hell" for istanbul, because every team that visits seems to get the results anymore. is the atmosphere intimidating anymore? Still one of the better few in Europe, but no one cares. Example today, Lille and Atletico for the most parts played pretty calm, even without such players as Aguero(most of the match), Gervinho, de Melo. Is it time to shut up about welcome to hell?

·
Registered
10,205 Posts
Definitely, the concept is horrendously outdated.

Atletico toyed with us today in the second half and you could hear a pin drop in the stadium. If teams like Porto, Atletico, Hamburg, Lille, Kiev, CSKA, Sturm Graz, etc. can walk in and easily get results in Istanbul then anybody who claims that they are encountering an intimidating atmosphere is simply delusional

·
Registered
16,995 Posts
Welcome to heaven has definitely got a nice ring to it and a bit ironic. :D

I hope we adopt that as our slogan for Euro 2016 :howler:

·
Registered
452 Posts
Too bad it's not possible,the ones saying 'Welcome to Hell' or whatever have been disconnected from the reality 10+ years and can't come back..

The only place it could be difficult to play is Inönu.

·
Registered
10,048 Posts
Welcome to hell makes sense when you have Hagi-Hakan-Popescu-Taffarel in the squad. But with Mustafa Sarp and Ayhan Akman, every place is heaven for opposition :howler:

There was really no hell and there is really no hell at any stadium. Just bullshit fan stuff.

·
Registered
14,298 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
yes, but now its just meh. like marcus said, Inonu is still loudest, but even then, not as intimidating as before

·
Registered
9,078 Posts
Turkish Football sucks, lets face it. Bunch of underachieving, mistake repeating losers if you ask me.

In the past 4 years we've seen leagues that were once worse brush us aside (a la Russia's and Ukraine's). And yet you will find no fans in the world that are as devoted to their clubs as those in Turkey, what a shame.

I'm personally waiting for the day when the big three get bought out by foreigners.

As for Inonu, I've seen the support inspire a few upsets in my day, but it requires resilient and determined players, not like the sorry bunch we have right now. Anyway foreign players now know what to expect when playing there, and Carsi will actually act gentlemanly to clubs who play well like against Tottenham. So the intimidation factor has been minimized.

·
Registered
16,995 Posts
To be honest it's not an intimidating atmosphere. It's actually a party atmosphere.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts