Xtratime Community banner

41 - 54 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
12,123 Posts
If as a team we dont start playing better, Paqueta will fail and will leave in a season or two to Sevilla or Valencia :)

·
Registered
8,736 Posts
Discussion Starter #42
If that happened and Gattuso still around I have no more words to say.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
13,224 Posts
Such an odd thing to say

·
Super Moderator
13,224 Posts
Why do you say that?
The "he seems more European than Brazilian" bit.

Not sure what part of his statement is that supposed to explain (rather, what stereotype he was going for), but Brazilian players obviously come in all shapes -- just in recent Milan history, including players and people as different as Dida, Roque Junior, Cafú, Serginho, Kaká, Thiago Silva, Pato, Gabriel, Emerson, Ronaldinho, Ricardo Oliveira, and fat Ronaldo. I'm sure I'm forgetting a few.

And of course European players are just as diverse.

·
Registered
4,847 Posts
In Italy there is a stereotype that non-Italians don't understand tactics until after playing in Italy for a while. It's not just a Brazilian thing.

·
Registered
8,736 Posts
Discussion Starter #49
Gattuso will give Paqueta his debut from the start against Sampdoria.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
13,224 Posts
Paquetá was taken off after 45 minutes in Brazil - Argentina.

After the game Rivaldo was talking poorly about him, and how "he cannot be Brazil's no. 10" and it's a "lack of respect", "should be a bench player", etc. He then said he was trying to protect Paquetá but that's clearly a messed up way to do it.

That said, Paquetá in current form has business starting for Brazil. He's played one decent game all season. It was the last one though, so hopefully this NT fiasco doesn't ruin his mojo.

·
Registered
1,878 Posts
Paquetá was taken off after 45 minutes in Brazil - Argentina.

After the game Rivaldo was talking poorly about him, and how "he cannot be Brazil's no. 10" and it's a "lack of respect", "should be a bench player", etc. He then said he was trying to protect Paquetá but that's clearly a messed up way to do it.

That said, Paquetá in current form has business starting for Brazil. He's played one decent game all season. It was the last one though, so hopefully this NT fiasco doesn't ruin his mojo.
I believe you missed a "no" in the first sentence of your last paragraph

·
Super Moderator
13,224 Posts
Indeed!

Yeah pretty low to say that from Rivaldo, especially pretending you're doing the player a service.

Whatever the case for Brazil, we absolutely need Paquetá to contribute a lot to this team. He finally looked better vs Juve, but we need a lot more decisive performances.

41 - 54 of 54 Posts