Xtratime Community banner

21 - 40 of 54 Posts

·
Scudetto
23,377 Posts
How about Cuff Cuff Jani, the stuff where we thought he would be the next Zidane

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Another missed opportunity indeed. His problem was his head. Didn't want to come back to be the natural successor to Kaka after having a stellar time at Bordeaux.

·
Registered
8,929 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
We will have him at the stand today!

·
Registered
17,504 Posts
We play better with 2 upfront. Especially since Kessie and Bakayoko are better just to sit back and do the simple stuff.

Paqueta will probably play LM or LW :)

100% percent.

·
Registered
8,929 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
The eagle has landed

·
Registered
17,343 Posts
Better than Lucas Silva?

·
Super Moderator
13,722 Posts
Lucas Silva is a pretty damn good player actually. Saw at the stadium a couple of times for Cruzeiro, really impressive.

·
Registered
3,003 Posts
Lucas Paqueta on fast track to stardom despite Flamengo's coaching carousel

I believe Tim Vickery is the reference point as far as South American football goes. I have to point out that two of those 6 coaches aforementioned in that piece were in charge for a couple of games, caretakers seemingly, that's based on the records at transfermarkt.com right now.

I personally took interest in Paqueta's game at Flamengo around early October. I watched 7-8 games live where he featured, all as a starter except once. He's been regularly the AM in a 4-2-3-1 formation - since that blog post went online. I honestly have no idea if that's his best position. There was nothing particular about his game; neither goals nor assists. Surely he contributed to his team's game & play, but it could be argued he was just wandering a lot! Maybe he had his mind elsewhere, Milan precisely since the move was concluded. He's definitely a work in progress kind of guy. I fear Gattuso's approach with any new guy, it would be detrimental to Paqueta's development sitting on the bench indefinitely, not for guys like Calhanoglu anyway! I expect the LW spot should be Paqueta's if we stick with a 4-3-3, not a bad spot to start at. He's played there before at Flamengo, so nothing new for him. Logical for all involved, I guess.

·
Super Moderator
13,722 Posts
Official presentation and all that. Let's hope for a quick integration and that he lives up to the hype. We certainly need it.

I keep feeling, from the little I've seen, that his best role would be as a central midfielder in a three men setup, if at possible on the right mezz'ala role. But I have absolutely no clue about where Gattuso will use him, and we have so many needs that many choices could make sense.

The talent seemed pretty obvious to me, and he looked like a good fit for Serie A, but we all know all of that doesn't necessarily mean anything.

·
Registered
4,921 Posts
The typical Serie A manager thing to do would be to throw him on the flanks, so that's what I expect. I agree he would be best in midfield but we'll see.

·
Super Moderator
13,722 Posts
Agreed. And I wouldn't blame him, especially if we end up signing Sensi or some other decent ball-playing central midfielder.

·
Registered
8,929 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
We should add on another player in midfield. Hakan fail to live up on the expectations and Bona is average.
Let them compete for the starting line up.

·
Registered
1,892 Posts
Agreed. And I wouldn't blame him, especially if we end up signing Sensi or some other decent ball-playing central midfielder.
You won't blame him if he throws Paqueta to the wings? Why? Knowing fully well we need creativity in the midfield but you won't blame the coach if he sends him to the flank?

·
Registered
172 Posts
I sure do hope Gattuso and our management play Paqueta out correctly. Play him in his natural positions, which is anywhere in the midfield. But, its important to play him in his natural position early and let him adapt to calcio slowly, and then let him grow into further advanced roles later on in his career into the future. OR, maybe Lucas is a very fast learner and takes coaching well? Sometimes smart young players adapt very quickly and really take off. It will be interesting to see how he develops, as he seems to have the physical tools and technique to blossom sooner rather than later in serie a.

·
Registered
4,921 Posts
He will be the next Hakan, a playmaker thrown out wide and rendered ineffective due to deep Serie A defending and a lack of speed.

·
Super Moderator
13,722 Posts
I've seen him play as CM and AMC, definitely think the mezzala is the ideal role, and think he also have an urgent need there.

But come on guys. Everybody is saying what "his right position" is and how it would a mortal sin to play him somewhere else, but most have not seen him play a single full game. If Gattuso sees him in training every day and thinks he'd momentarily solve our need for a LW and be more important there for the time being, it would not be not such a crazy move to give it a try. He is a skillful left sided attacking player and we urgently need an improvement there. Hopefully it won't come to that, but it's certainly a plausible option.

·
Registered
8,929 Posts
Discussion Starter #37
There is option for Gattuso to be fired by end of season.

·
Super Moderator
13,722 Posts
Completely not the point. The point is: let's see how he performs and helps the team in different roles before making strong claims.

·
DAGOODS = RATINGS
22,495 Posts
Welcome, Lucas "PAQUETE" :D!

·
Registered
8,929 Posts
Discussion Starter #40
Completely not the point. The point is: let's see how he performs and helps the team in different roles before making strong claims.

My point is, Just a reminder on what happened to A Silva.

21 - 40 of 54 Posts